ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    If you are an incentive website --- i.e., you pay, urge, work with friends, trade, etc... to get people to sign up for offers as part of the shareasale.com network....

YOU MUST have written permission from EACH and EVERY merchant that you promote in the PPL or PPC arena...and that written permission MUST be forwarded to shareasale@shareasale.com

This is clearly stated in the Affiliate Agreement - but there are a number of people who either can't read, or choose to ignore the rules...

Failing to do the above, or violation of any other rule in the Affiliate Agreement will get your account suspended - with no chance for reinstatement.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

I hate incentivized sites with a passion. They all see the rules and know they aren't supposed to do it but try to sneak in offers. Then when they get caught you hear the famous "Oh I accidently put that link in there by mistake."

Ya ok!

Incentivizing = FRAUD

That is my opinion though.

I agree somewhat dreamscape, Some of those affiliates are ignoring the rules are considered fraud, Of course there are couple who take there business seriously and pay attention and get permission before sticking those offers in. It's a headache having to void hundreds of transactions who don't have written permission.

Yes there are a few that are serious and do what they are supposed to. It is unfortunate for them that 90% of the incentivized webmasters ruin it for them.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Old habits are hard to break. I remember when this was the exact same clause in CJ's Terms of Service. Their was a reason then and now for delvulging to all merchant AM's if your incent traffic. The early pioneers in this "tricks for clicks" game are showcased in Pud's Hall of Shame.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread