ABW Ambassador
    Todd, anyone from CJ. Please help!

I banked in my CJ check (ok, it is a travelex draft). 2 days later, the check amount was deducted from my bank account.

I found from my bank that this check is awaiting banker's confirmation.

This has never happened before. At least not with CJ checks, up to this one.

HELP!!!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    [speculating here]

What this sounds like, is that your bank credited the deposit amount to your account at the time of deposit, and that the transaction has simply not cleared yet.

Being that you are in another country, maybe one of the banks involved simply implemented a security procedure that caused some sort of delay in clearing it.

As long as it didn't bounce I wouldn't worry.

F

quote:
    Originally posted by buy_online:
    The problem is with your bank, and not CJ.
    Go talk to them.

Fred
    Agreed. It sounds like it is a problem on your bank's end. Contact them for more details or give it a few more days.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    I did talk to my bank. I banked in my check. The bank manager told me the check did not clear. It was returned with the reason, awaiting bankers confirmation.

I asked them how long it would take, they said it could even take months and that they could not do anything about it. Their advice is to contact the person who issued the check for help.

It is a travelex draft.

The agent bank is UOB.

They told me to check with the person who gave me that draft.

I have no contact with Travelex. My only hope is if CJ talks to travelex or to the agent bank to confirm that check.

All along, when I bank in a CJ check, it clears immediately. I think the problem lies somewhere in the pipeline but on my side, I am unable to do anything about it. I need CJ's help to get them to release my money.

I suggest you submit this issue via AAQ and client services will investigate it.
    Todd Crawford

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Welcome back, by the way, Todd, hope you had a nice vacation.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Thanks Elbowcreek. Vacation was long and good. I I went to the Outerbanks in NC - the whole family rented a big beach house. It is good to be back.
    Todd Crawford

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    As much as I love vacations, I have found that, ever since starting into aff marketing, I go through stat withdrawel, it drives me nuts. Although I would dearly love to have a laptop with a wireless connection, I am afraid that would defeat the purpose of having a vacation.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Nope, I took mine with me and just checked stats before I went to bed, not one problem at all. Takes care of the stat withdrawel, and you know everything is still up atleast.

ABW Ambassador
    I submitted my problem to AAQ more than 72 hours ago but still no response.

Animal Lover
    Was this ever resolved womanht?

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

womanht, your lucky to get a check at all! Most of mine go missing or are sent with the wrong postage value and get returned!

I posted a request about this several times and I'm still waiting for some action. Mind you, this has only been going on for about 3 MONTHS so I suppose it's too soon to expect some response? (Or are CJ supposed to respond in 3 DAYS?)

Maybe if Todd reads this message he can suggest a "person" I can talk to? It gets a little boring trying to have a conversation with "auto response", especially when it ignores you as well.

I was thinking of holding a seance "Is anybody there?". What do you think?

Similar problem here, my August check did not clear. It was sent back to my bank with a big red stamp, "PAYMENT STOPPED". I'm still waiting for a reply from CJ.

After giving the "seance" idea a miss, I decided to telephone CJ to find out what was happening and create another huge phone bill this month.

Unfortunately, CJ are unable to send payments to the many hundreds of countries on this planet (bank to bank) unless you are lucky enough to live in one of their selected places (which you can count on one hand).

Alternative methods of payment include cheque, cheque or cheque. Having little choice, I decided on a cheque. But to be certain of getting it I have agreed for this to be sent by Fed-Ex!

I have lost at least $100 in cheques that have been reissued (and still lost) and now I have to pay around $100 (everytime)to be sure of getting future ones.

Merry Christmas CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    Ian,

If possible/feasible for you, maybe you should ask CJ to only send your checks every other month so you can avoid paying that ridiculous fee every month.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the advice. I asked them to increase my payout limit so that it would be less painful.

Maybe someone can suggest a company that can accept payments on my behalf? (in the States or UK) Take a percentage for the service and send me the balance by some other method. If there isn't such a service already in existence, maybe I have provided a good idea for someone? (Maybe Haiko could set something like this up?)

Unfortunately the postal system in this country is diabolical (too much vodka I expect) and causes a problem for any cheque I'm sent. Thankfully, my largest payments are sent in other ways, some companies are more flexible than others (mentioning no names )

There must be thousands of people who live in countries that are not considered part of the "real" world and experience similar problems with cheques going astray or not getting cleared easily (and are not on PayPal's list of acceptable countries for example). It seems a shame that we can produce sales like anyone else, but are penalised for choosing the wrong country to set up base in.

Never mind, if everything worked smoothly all the time, life would be boring!

ABW Ambassador
    The check finally cleared.

I was away on holiday when my bank resubmitted the check. I just opened the mailbox and found the letter from the bank.

I panicked because every cj check I received over the past few years cleared like a local check and I used to get the money the next working day. Now, it takes longer, but I still get the money at the end of the day.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread