Does CJ offer a coupons\special offer feed, similar to the datafeeds? I want a feed that is automatically updated, that contains promotions and specials (coupons) for the merchants I am affiliated with.

Do they offer such a automated feed for promotions? Where do I find it?

Wow, if something like that were available that would certainly change the way we do our coupon sites. I don't think this idea would be very welcomed by many old timers, but it is an interesting idea. If there was even something similar to this, I doubt many would be willing to offer the information about where to find it.

The more readily available this sort of information is, the more it's devalued to those who are using it. You've got the right idea.. Just keep looking for information that's not easy to acquire. The more difficult it is to get, the more valuable it'll be on your website.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Well that answers my question This sort of feed just makes sense to me. Manually digging though links on a regular basis, doesn't seem cost\time effective these days.

Maybe someone at CJ is listening? How about it guys; add a promotions feed to your system?

So people who run these coupon sites actually manually update their promotions for every merchant they promote, and on a regular basis?

It seems there should be a better way.. None of the networks are doing anything like this?

Yes, they do have such a feed but the data is not that accurate. They include coupons that have expired or are have bad data entry. Remember bad data input by the merchant results in bad datafeed output. You still to go a clean the stuff up. I just starting recieving the feed 2 weeks ago.

Just contact them through your control panel and ask for it. It took about 3 days to get me set up.

Oh god, it's such a mess that I wouldn't bother wasting time on it. The promo feed is that shockingly bad.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Accuracy of the coupon/special offer feed in not of any importance. It fuels the forced click BHO's who are more interested in popup enticements to sett new cookies then the accuracy of the incents.

If every merchants killed off giving any coupons to affiliates all the incent cookie stuffing tricksters and their automated BHO brothers would cease to exist. The level of expired/bogus coupon spam and trademark abuse in the SE's would drop. Need and demand for Popup Blockers and parasite removal tools would drop. Merchants could lower over-all prices as they'd not see huge chunks of affiliate sales burdened with stupid coupon/rebates loss leaders not whack their bottom line. Merchants could also eliminate cart abandonment by removing "place coupon code here" pages in their cart checkout process.

All thievery and tricks for clicks begins and ends with the crowd of couponers and sleezy incenters within this industry. Prove me wrong that for 3 years every outed sleeze ball from BHO thieves to cookie stuffers wasn't a couponer type affiliate.

Demand FREE FREIGHT offers as thta one every shopper rates as a #1 motivator. Sure cheaper then cashing in coupons/rebates and forces AM's to then works on sales ...not eyeball and click bait Ads.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

About the only similar concept that I've found useful is BeFree's Offer Management System. The data isn't perfect, they haven't provided an option to download the entire list yet, and many of their merchants don't use it yet, but it's still a huge timesaver.

I've considered building a site where merchants with affiliate programs could enter their promotions and affiliates could access datafeeds of those promotions. I know others have considered building a site like that, too. Too many other projects going on to do that, though.

Oh, and I'm an "old timer" who would very much like to see more feeds like this. The more time I can save keeping Amazing-Bargains.com updated, the more time I can spend developing other sites.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Do Linkshare, Performics, & Shareasale also offer a promo feed?

Some of you have mentioned how poor the data is. Is it really unuseable? Do merchants not update their coupons after they expire?

ABW Ambassador
    Many merchants have a hard time getting things correct in their own newsletters. I see offers without expiration dates or the wrong info all the time. I doubt anything like what you propose would be accurate.

Now, If someone created a hand-moderated coupon feed service and charged the affiliate site for the use of it - now that might be something. The feed would probably be fairly expensive - like $1000 / month / user in order to support the staff needed to enter and check the data - plus a handy proffit for the organizer. Of course, a good affiliate should be able to use that data to make that money back in no time.

One other thought on the CJ feed: Although many (or perhaps most) merchants probably have a bunch of garbage in there, I'm sure some merchants have pretty clean data. You could always just use the data from the merchants with cleaner data.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread