Hello- There are four merchants which I have applied to about a week ago(in order to be one of their affiliates) but as of yet they are all still pending. I am ready and eager to add their links to my site and start generating sales for myself (and them!)

Is it normal for it to take this long for vendors to review and make up their minds? I am not used to it taking so long with the other affiliate programs I use. Can someone please let me know it normally takes this long, or if perhaps I should reapply? Thanks for your help.

Ha ... I have seen a few that were never responded to for MONTHS! If they take that long to reply to your application .. that is what IMHO a big sign saying "BEWARE".

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

ABW Ambassador
    Last week I was approved by a merchant I had applied to 8 months ago and a second that was 10 months old. Don't bet the farm on getting approved by one or two merchants.

I've got one for over a year.

It's not a Shareasale issue, it's a merchant issue. I wonder if there may be a few merchants here and there that simply forget they ever set up an affiliate program, so they never check up on it.

If its a brand name product, I go out of my way to be patient, if not drop them, if they cant take the time to approve or disapprove within a week, forget it and move on.

wow I can post again....uh no I cant...uh yea I can.....

Thanks to all for your replies. It's all rather depressing! I realize it's not Shareshales fault, but why do they keep merchants on who can't be bothered to accept or decline an associate? That reflects badly on all involved, including unfortunately Shareshale.

How do I remove these pending merchants from my account? If they can't be bothered to do business with me (their loss) I would prefer to not see their names and the "pending" notice each time I check my stats.

Thanks again.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    If you don't receive an appropriate response in your opinion, you can always quit the program by clicking the "Quit" button from your activity summary page... You can also re-apply after you quit - as the merchant may simply have missed the application. They do get emailed with the addition of a new affiliate, and the affiliates are clearly marked in 3 bins - Approved, Pending, Declined... but like they say... horse, water...drink....

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread