ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    I don't know why we have to do this every month, but we do.

If your account is placed on hold, it means you won't be paid - your account will be closed, and you won't be able to return to shareasale.com. This, of course, can be reviewed if you contact us privately and it turns out that we made a mistake - which does happen.

If you cannot understand why your account was placed on hold - please try reading the terms of agreement at www.shareasale.com/agreement.cfm ... if you truly feel that you did not break any of the rules listed in the bullet points - then contact me - perhaps we made a mistake. But if you do see a rule that you broke - please don't waste my time anymore than you already have.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

quote:
    Self-referrals for affiliate or merchant accounts are strictly prohibited.

What's a self referral?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Good question. For example...

If you have an affiliate account with shareasale.com, and you wan't to open up a merchant account with us... you can't refer yourself through your own link to get $100 off. (This is to protect the original affiliate who probably refered you there in the first place...so as to not overwrite their commission with your own...) Also, you can't refer yourself for another affiliate account so that you recieve the 5% two-tier commission either.

This often happens on mistake, and is corrected without punishment to the affiliate or merchant.

As far as self-referals or purchases on other programs hosted by shareasale.com - those are all up to the merchant to decide...and should be listed in their individual terms...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

By the way ... for most of all of you - this isn't an issue, and I apologize that I have to post this ugly stuff here...

If you are behaving honestly - promoting honestly - as almost all of you are ... you will never run into a problem with this. We are reasonable people here who understand the difference between mistakes, misconceptions.... and fraud.

I post this all here because it seems every month we go through the same thing where somebody will come and join here in order to post about the "on hold" thing...so i figured i would try and give them something to read before posting.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

The seemingly necessary monthly Bump.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    I can't understand why a merchant would be it's own affiliate, thus letting more sales go THROUGH shareasale, thus having to pay YOU more $$$..... or am I confused?

SamyT - that part of the thread was a bit of a side-bar discussion about the TOS - and refers to a new merchant, first opening up an affiliate account, and then refering themseleves through it to start a merchant account... not what you are saying...

The real purpose of this thread is to remind people that there is a pretty clear TOS - and that people who break it run the risk of having accounts suspended...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Brian, perhaps some of these individuals needing to read / or read the TOS are tripping on an hallucinogenic drug like this found on this thread: http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=2786024434

LMAO!!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Brian,

I featured the topic so it will always be first.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

10. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread