Porky's Leather Apparel - -It is not possible for a customer to purchase through affiliate links on this site! The buy page quicky refreshes to a page with a tool free # and even when you call that number, no one anawers the phone!

InspectorWebsite.com - Affiliate inks just go to a page featuring registerfly.com and some kind of a directory. It is not clear if we would get commisions if these links are used.

It has a notice saying "inspectorwebsite.com coming soon!"

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

The Zewy site is under construction.

The hosting division of Boksoft Internet Services has been acquired by TTLHost, Inc.
    Can't tell if they are paying affiliate commissions for our traffic.

http://www.drivez.net/
    Page not found.

Point is that it is a good time to check those links and clean up the dead wood.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

[This message was edited by SSanf on September 20, 2003 at 03:19 PM.]

How about Loaded Web (merchant id 1570). Probably gone out of business, domain name snapped up by a "web hosting directory" type site. You can still join their affiliate program, get links etc.

Shareasale needs to implement some sort of mechanism to catch stuff like this.

Good web hosting info - a little site about web hosting

Yes, I suppose we should check every merchant ourselves. And, I guess, they are still paying SAS to be there. But, I think there should be a place we can advise Brian if there is something strange about a merchant so he can check on it. We don't want SAS to get loaded down with a bunch of flaky merchants.

SSanf:

Agreed. We just recently joined SAS because of all the positive buzz here at ABW. Hope it doesn't become a maintenance issue.

BTW, thanks for the heads up on these merchants!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Yes, with over 600 merchants, Brian can't be keeping tabs on them all, all the time.

I think we need to report them to him. If we list them here, even 20 will read like a lot when the other 600 are A-OK.

I don't know. Perhaps, we should list them here. Then, they might shape up or ship out.

In any event, we want to keep SAS filled with GOOD merchants, not flakes.

I found a couple with their pages still not built. Seems like jumping the boat to advertise for affiliates before you even put your own products up.

SAS is off to a very good start. But, I think Brian can start the weeding out of merchants, now. This will be necessary because he is cost effective and will soon be taken advantage of if he is not selective in the merchants he allows in. I believe some will try to get cheap traffic from foolish affiliates with no intention of letting them ever earn commissions. They will fill pages that look like they have products but are really nothing but their own affiliate links. Those dishonest creeps should be booted forthwith as should anyone playing dirty tricks.

But, it is also up to us to be diligent who we partner with.

But, I want to say, the very vast majority of the SAS merchants look quite good. Brian should do real well.

[This message was edited by SSanf on September 25, 2003 at 09:54 AM.]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread