Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I just saw Ask Jeeves show up on CJ's new merchant list.

What is Jeeves offering? Exactly 1 cent per click.

First Fandango's dime per lead, now Jeeves offering a penny per click.

Didn't CJ introduce a minumum commission charge to merchants a couple of years ago of $1, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

If that's the case AskJeeves would be paying $1.01 which seems unlikely.

Anybody else remember this?

V.

Well there will be some "freshman" affilate out there that will be so stupid to promote Ask Jeeves. Christ, penny clicks went the way of clicktrade.com years ago.

Happy Holidays

The Pooper

just plain redickelwurst. Anyone who knows anything about adsense payouts should realize the competition they are facing.

CJ charges merchants 30% of the commission amount for their fee, with a minimum fee of $0.30 per transaction and some minimum monthly amount ($250, $300, $500? I don't remember). CPC used to pay a flat 30%. I don't know if that's still the case. If it is, they're paying $0.01 per click to affiliates at $0.003 per click to CJ, for a total of $0.013 per click.

I think I know where you got the $1 amount. That's the commission amount at which the $0.30 minimum fee stops being a factor. If merchants pay less than $1 commission per transaction, a larger percent goes to CJ.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Isn't it great how CJ didn't show any work for the affiliate here? Just themselves.. Truly a trusted third party gone bad...

In my own opinion, CJ should have negotiated with AJ a better payout for the affiliates or not allowed thier program in the CJ Network. Of course they took the program because they are making the killing on this offer.

Of course we have to inquire "follow the money" Maybe this sweet deal for Jeeves (on affiliate payouts) is part of an overall bigger scheme and some deal that has been made by parent company Value Click.

More and more it seems that CJ is not a true partner to the real people affiliates but a subserviant to the Big conglom's that are taking over the stinking up affiliate marketing as we know it.

Whatever it is, it's not good for the affiliate. And that's my for the day.

Adios

Poop

Well I applied just to apply because ask jeeves released a new desktop search and I figured I would link to the desktop search via the ask jeeves affiliate link. But they declined me. Those butt heads.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - -
    In my own opinion, CJ should have negotiated with AJ a better payout for the affiliates or not allowed thier program in the CJ Network. Of course they took the program because they are making the killing on this offer.
    - - - -

What they offer and what you accept is not necessarily the same thing..... If their program appeals to you - and you have enough traffic - negotiate with them.

Once you are an established affiliate with a merchant, and have a history of increasing sales, it is much easier: Politely inquire about their commission rate, a surprising number are willing to negotiate. Give yourself a raise!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    Not a penny per click, penny per search.

You can use the Google search box and don't get paid per search but get paid if someone clicks a sponsored ad in the search. So you have to compare the 2 to see which one would make you more money.

None of this is anything i can use tho.

Why would I want to put this on my site when I can get sooooo much more money with Adsence?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

A total waste of real estate. Why fool around with Ask Jeeves when Google AdSense will always pay more per click? Plus, most people would prefer to use Google in the first place.

Insulting to think that Ask Jeeves would believe their offer is attractive to affiliates...I hope no one signs up for their program, and then CJ will have to explain why.

Andy

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread