Azure Green links are leading to an "offline" error page. Any idea how long this will last? A few more hours, or a few more days? I really need to know this, if it's going to last much longer I will just remove their links as this sort thing reflects very poorly on my site. Thanks.

Yeah, thats not good.
    The message on the page in not much of a positive contribute to my site as well.
    It almost looks like you have been doing something bad.

---------------------------------------
    But it beats a real j.o.b.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    It looks as though AG has let their funds dip below $0 again. I will try to contact them to see if a deposit can be made asap.

I wouldn't expect this to last any longer than 1st thing monday AM - in case I can't get a hold of anyone tonight.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Thanks for your replies. And thanks Brian for contacting them. I hope they take care of this soon as you mentioned.

I saw an earlier post on this board about this happening with another merchant which suggested contacting the merchant, so I wrote to Azure Green about this earlier today, but as of yet have not recieved a response.

Regarding what the previous poster said, the error message that comes up when this happens looks really bad... it gives the impression that we (the website affiliate) have done something wrong. It would be great if that message could be changed to something that does not appear so negative, and which would possibly encourage the web surfer to come back and check at a later time.

I agree with the comments on the error message. I am getting the same thing with Rad Scooter links.

Somthing simple like "The merchant who you are trying to reach, is tempoarily offline. Please return again soon" would be less confusing.

AVP

Brian, why doesn't Azuregreen show up when a search is done for new merchants under metaphysical? I about jumped out of my skin when I saw that. They haven't quit, have they?

I e-mailed you a question about a merchant who has a yahoo store. Does the yahoo store effect how we link? I see the merchant id in the redirect page notation but not the affiliate id. Do we need to include the banner part when we are linking to the product pages this way?

Specifically, I need to link to product pages for Furniture for sale. How?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Azure Green links are working again. I hope it lasts otherwise I'll have to drop 'em. (This isn't the first time it's happened)

They are down again. Very unprofessional right in the middle of the holiday shopping season. Any idea when they will be back up again? Can we expect this to keep happening? I would rather just remove their links rather than have this keep happening to my site.

I think I did it.

I changed out a bunch of links from another advertiser to Azuregreen today resulting in Azuregreen having an unusually large amount of sales. One sale was particularly large. Mike really needs to keep a larger slush fund in the SAS account. I am going to add tons more Azuregreen links, so he needs to anticipate a larger volumn of sales, at least twice or three times what I sent before.

I am sorry. I maybe should have warned him but that would have sounded like bragging and I would have felt very foolish if the sales hadn't shown up. I apologize. I should have given him advanced warning and taken my chances on looking too cocky.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

[This message was edited by SSanf on November 16, 2003 at 12:50 AM.]

I don't know much about how the SAS system is set up, or what exactly it means when their account goes too low, or whatever the reason is for why this happens... I just wish the system was set up in some way that could avoid these intermittent down times.

It's great that you have sent them a lot of sales... that should be a good thing for everyone across the board... not something that causes the whole system to crash.

I sincerly congratulate your high sales (and am envious!)... however, we are all now currently losing sales as we speak!

Yes, so was I! It's back up.

quote:
    I don't know much about how the SAS system is set up, or what exactly it means when their account goes too low,

Well, I am not sure either. But, I think the merchant has an account where money is deposited to pay for anticipated sales. When the money runs out, the links don't work.

The good news is that you will get paid for each and every sale. The merchant will never get a ton of free traffic and sales and then later refuse to pay you for it. If they don't pony up with the money, they are cut off. This is quite a motivator and something we all want.

The bad news is what you see. If the merchant has guessed wrong about how much might be needed in the account or there is a sudden major increase in sales volume, everybody is stuck until they put more money in the account. I guess, the merchant has to assume that the past will to some degree predict the future when putting the money in the account and not leave a lot of unused funds lying dormant. That is only good stewardship. But, I think Azuregreen really needs to keep more there to allow for some rapid increases.

Now, I could be way off base with the above information. But, I think that is what is going on.

Yes, there are problems with this and I would like to see them worked put. Something like giving the merchant a 24 hour advance notice that they are going to be cut off if payment is not immediately forthcoming. I can take a 24 hour loss. But, I really like the stop loss feature of this. No one likes to be played for a fool. And, we have had so many merchants take our sales and then not pay. With this no tickee, no washee.

[This message was edited by SSanf on November 16, 2003 at 08:04 AM.]

Something like giving the merchant a 24 hour advance notice that they are going to be cut off if payment is not immediately forthcoming.

Yes, that would a good solution and would probably help to avoid our links going dead. I hope someone who can implement this is reading this and takes note!

No one likes to be played for a fool. And, we have had so many merchants take our sales and then not pay.

Yes, I too have had lots of problems with deadbeat merchants. I was also a member of that "other program" you mentioned earlier which sells stuff similar to Azure Green. Seems they and Azure dominate the affiliate market for these items, which is too bad in my opinion, I wish there were others to choose from. That other company tried to rip me off big time, and almost succeeded had I not insisted on an investigation by the tech support that runs their affiliate service. I was able to prove their error and get my money, then I immediately switched to Azure Green instead. I hope these issues do get worked out here so that they can keep earning my loyalty!

(Would also be great if they added some new products once and a while...)

Look slike we don;t have worry about this anymore, just got this email:

"We have decided to discontinue this affiliate program,as it seems to be more mantenace then expcted to monitor the account, several times we have noticed duplicate and triple transactions for the same order.A final date has not been set to end the program, not have we decided to look elsewhere at this time.
    If there are any questions or comments , email me at mike@"

Yeah, I got the message too. Real nice and very professional of them to do this to us right in the middle of the holiday shopping season. That was sarcasm by the way! What a bust...

Yeah I know, just got all those pages spidered and indexed as well.
    This was about the only merchant that fitted on this specific site.

Are there any alternatives for this kind of stuff? I'm really getting some decent traffic on those pages.

The only other affiliate offering this stuff that I know of is Earthspirits Emporium. My experience with them was that they are literally the most unprofessional company I've ever had to deal with, and they tried to rip me off even after I had proof of an error in their accounting. My advice would be to avoid them at all costs.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Try a little grass-roots , and let the merchant know what all of you think of this. If you want them to stick around - you probably can convince them as a group.

They have not shut down the program as of yet... they didn't even offer a date as to when that would happen...for all I know it could be after the holidays? I haven't heard from them about it yet.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread