Hi All,

My wife and I run and own www.dimout.com. This is the first affiliate program we have set up. I would just like some feedback from you guys on what you want.

As it is now I have a pro building some banners and buttons. I have a few I made but they are not that nice at all so I think the PRO one will do the trick for that.

What about the data-feed? I can set it up but I don't know if you guys will really want it or not.

Also as far as banners what sizes are the most popular? I am just getting a default set made to start with but I really would want to know what you guys like.

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

Yes definetly want a feed

Dang it, I really have to buckle down and join ShareSale, I keep saying I will but never do.

For banners view

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...1&m=7096061974

Thanks you for your input!

I was reading the forums and I see that lots of you use the data-feed.

I will start to build one now and should have it done in a few days.

Sorry that does give me one more question:

What size thumbnails should I use for thr data-feed? I will leave it up to you guys because I am building it for you.

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

Datafeeds are great, let us know when it's ready.

I'll be waiting...

Some of us have already signed up with SAS

Hi Bob welcome to ABW

Thumbnail size - If you can make the images for your datafeed same sizes the best one I seen is 100x100 or less.

Most datafeed we use have small and large images
    the large image size could be 300x300

Someone will add more info if this is not what they like.

Again welcome to the community.

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Thanks for your help,,

I have a file that Brian, is looking at today to see if he can make it work if not we will building one.

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

I just wanted to post that through trial and error we have a good data-feed Brian, can use. He should have it up tomorrow.

I also want to thank Brian, for helping us with this issue.

Bob Rawley

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

I uploaded a site last night. There was one item that had a table in the description which screwed up my data import to Access. I'm not sure if there is any problem with the feed because I didn't have time to investigate it.

Also, the fashion category is misspelled.

Just a small request, can you break up the categories and/or sub-categories more? There aren't a lot of categories, so it results in a lot of items returned.

The thumbnail pictures are too small, you can't really tell what they are. Then the larger images are really big. I can probably live with the larger images and size them down but that never ends up looking all that good. If you could change the thumbnails, that would be great.

So far it looks good though. Thanks!

I am waiting on a email or call from Brian now. I had 930 items on the feed I sent Brian but only 500 of them where up loaded.

I will fix the thumbnails this weekend and get another feed ready as soon as I hear from Brian on the issue of only adding 500 items and not all 930 of them.

As far as categories I am limited to the categories SAS has available. I have them broke up better on my site but I have to change that to upload them to the SAS site.

The misspelling in the feed will be fixed also. I supplied a category # not a name and have no idea how that got there.

I will pull the item with the table from the next feed. It's a low dollar shirt anyway..

Thanks for your input and I am doing everything I can to get the issues fixed ASAP.

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

Up-date:

The word fashion is misspelled on the SAS website in my manager. so for now all I can say is you must use find and replace. I looked at some other data feeds and they have the same problem. It is a SAS problem.

Larger thumb-nails will be fixed this weekend.

I have fixed all the items with the HTML in the description.

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

We have fixed the thumbnails and sent a new datafeed to Brian. With this new data feed we will be able to give each affiliate image sizes that will fit into their site.

An Example is affiliate A wants thumbnails that are 250X250 and affiliate B wants 100X100 we can accommodate both of them. All you will have to do is a quick find and replace on the datafeed, you will even be able to email us your feed and we can do it for you.

We have added 12 new banners from the designer. They are 10 times better than the ones we made in house at the start of this thread.

As soon as Brian uploads the new feed I will post and let you know. Only the new feed gives control of the image sizes. Please wait for that feed to get uploaded if you are going to want that control.

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

I mailed this to all the people in our program and thought I should post it here also. This should be the end of this thread also. I will check here every day to see if any of you have a question but you can email me for faster results.

Below is the newsletter we sent out:

Hi,

We have the new database uploaded. The thumb-nails are larger now and we have it set up so you can pick the size you want them to be. All you have to do is email us and let us know what size thumb-nails or images you need. We will then upload them to our server to a folder for you. We will then send you step by step instructions for setting up the data feed to pull the thumb-nail or image size you need. You will also be able to email us your data feed and we can edit it for you.

We have also added some new banners. I really think you will like the new ones.

I don’t know if you seen it or not but we do have a few Christmas items that should do real well.

I an also attaching a java script that you can copy and paste to your site. It will let visitors know how many days until Christmas. We have it installed on the front page of www.dimout.com it you want to see it in action. I should also add it will count down the days to any date you set it to. It is pretty simple but you can email me if you have any questions about it.

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">< !-- Begin
    var date = new Date("December 25, 2003");
    var description = "CHRISTMAS DAY!";
    var now = new Date();
    var diff = date.getTime() - now.getTime();
    var days = Math.floor(diff / (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24));
    document.write("<center><b>")
    if (days > 1) {
    document.write(days+1 + " days until " + description);}
    else if (days == 1) {
    document.write("Only two days until " + description);}
    else if (days == 0) {
    document.write("Tomorrow is " + description);}
    else {document.write("It's" + description + "!");}
    document.write("</h4></center>");
    // End --></script>

Thanks,
    Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com
    info@dimout.com
    1-866-346-6880

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

[This message was edited by shareasale on November 18, 2003 at 08:32 PM.]

Bob,

Thanks so much for posting every now and again. I keep forgetting about you with all the egg bombs and all kinds of important stuff going on daily.

I will sign up now for your program.

When are you going to get your own forum here at ABW?

It would be a pleasure to donate my commission as a discount to assist you in becoming a part of the family here at ABW.

Let me know if you are interested, I have permission to do this with Haiko.

This is an open offer no expiration, so there is no need to hurry with an answer. It’s my way of saying thank you for working so diligently to help us.

Warmest,

SandraR

quote:
    Originally posted by SandraR:
    It would be a pleasure to donate my commission as a discount to assist you in becoming a part of the family here at ABW.

Let me know if you are interested, I have permission to do this with Haiko.

This is an open offer no expiration, so there is no need to hurry with an answer. It’s my way of saying thank you for working so diligently to help us.

Thanks or the offer, I will look into this next week and see what I need to do.

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread