Hi, just wondering what the best affiliate products are. I have a huge site for gifts, but want to start a second site and don't have a clue as to best selling affiliate products. Don't worry! I am ZERO threat. Anyway, Google is holding back new sites for a year or more. PR only updated quarterly now so it is VERY slow getting to early results pages of Google. I would appreciate any kind advice regarding a new second website theme. Thank you and Happiest Holidays to All!

Actually, you are wrong. If you currently are able to link a new site from an existing site, it only takes until the next index(1 month) to be ranked in google. I do not have a PR for a couple of sites and they are already in the top 5 for good keywords. Of course I have a couple of PR 5 sites I can link them from... but anyways.

Anyone want to give out free money?

Carolyn,
    have you thought of creating a tighter niche site.

ie. take the best selling product from your gift site and create a site solely promoting that product or like products?

I dunno, just thinking out load...

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Carolyn Miller:
    Hi, just wondering what the best affiliate products are. I have a huge site for gifts, but want to start a second site and don't have a clue as to best selling affiliate products. Don't worry! I am ZERO threat. Anyway, Google is holding back new sites for a year or more. PR only updated quarterly now so it is VERY slow getting to early results pages of Google. I would appreciate any kind advice regarding a new second website theme. Thank you and Happiest Holidays to All!

Carolyn, the best thing to do is just focus on what you are interested in. If I remember correctly you just started a couple of months ago. It can take years before you really see ALOT of money coming in.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Like they said put up a specific giftware site to better focus and qualify shoppers before sending them to the merchant. Cross link the 2 sites and you'll get PR and traffic. I did this for a merchant client www.suspenders.com and linked to a new product site www.sloopsjeans.com and started producing sales within the first week. New site Traffic just grows and sales are generated by both sites as www.suspenders.com/sloops.htm is a showcase page with ordering.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Sincere thanks to all! I intend to implement your kind ideas. I do not have a good ranking site to link to any new site but maybe late next year the gifts site MIGHT get to PR5. Then I can employ your great methods. I also will try to identify the best selling product and devote a new website to that type of product. You all have SUPER ideas and I truly appreciate your taking the time to guide me. Thanks again and Happiest Holidays to All!

carolyn

when i started my first check was for $33. I now make anywhere from $10,000 to $19,000 a month

one word of advice.. dont get too caught up on the whole page rank thing.. it was even mentioned by a google rep on webmasterworld that page rank green meter is mainly there now for entertainment purposes.. as they had to many seos trying to reverse the process.

i have many pages ranked high that have zero rank...

as long as your pages are getting indexed and your getting good links in.. dont worry about rank.

second.. tighten your niche up i know many people are doing these large sites.. but alot of the time those are just one great big crazy mess and without proper and timely attention really can be a hit and miss process..

go deep.. into a niche..

Be a Big fish in a small pond.. and dominate

than a small fish in a big lake..

This is kinda off topic. But I am confused about the google page rank thing. How long is it suppose to take before you get a rank?

Do new sites with a new domain take longer to get a rank then creating a new page on an existing page with a Page rank already?

Mikey,

Page Rank doesn't update very often at all anymore. I've even read some theories that Google doesn't even use PR for much anymore. The last PR update that I can think of was posted here http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...7068#399107068
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

Would you even have a google toolbar installed if it didn't show page rank? Maybe that is the only reason they keep that green bar.

Carolyn, Marty is right.

Tighter niche websites are easier to get
    ranked (less competition) and convert better
    into sales. Try being more specific with
    what you're selling.

I read on another board that the Google Rep stated that the PR rank is for "entertainment purposes only" and that it has no real value anymore.

So don't read to much into it.

The higher the PR, the more frequently Googlebot comes around, and that is of GREAT value if you use it right.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread