how come SAS is not sendin $$ through paypal anymore?

also i've noticed some companies on SAS have been offline for a long time now. how come.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    No timetable on PayPal...In my lone opinion, they have serious security issues, which makes paying a mass number of people on their system - shaky at best.

As for the offline merchants, they go offline when their balance is reduced to $0 or less. If they add more funds, the offer goes online again. If you have specific questions about a particular merchant, please email either myself or the merchant directly to find out the timeframe for when they expect to participate again.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

I, for one, would love to see the payments sent by PayPal again.

Fastclick has paid me though PayPal, on time every month for over 2 years, without incident.

They must be doing something right

I do appreciate you allowing Merchants to keep their accounts active with PayPal though :-)

folks.

with paypal, for the mass payment option, the entire balance has to be put into the paypal account FIRST...and then paid out in mass to the affiliates.

so. the entire bulk of affiliate commissions has to be trusted to paypal for a period of time.

im not going to wait for a disaster to happen in order to change policy. we are going with what is safe for everyone - and right now that isn't paypal.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

PayPal handles millions of dollars every day for companies worldwide.

I understand your concern in entrusting that money to them, that's one reason why I pointed out that a company like FastClick, which has thousands of publishers paying out thousands of dollars per month has done it successfully, without incident for over 2 years.

If you don't feel comfortable with it for your own business, I understand. I just wanted to point out that is has worked fine for others.

--
    Rodney

quote:
    Originally posted by shareasale:
    so. the _entire bulk_ of affiliate commissions has to be trusted to paypal for a period of time.
    Not something, if I were a merchant, that I'd want to even think about doing, they're not a bank and not regulated as far as I remember. I personally, simply don't like the whole PayPal set-up and if it, for instance, were the only option for payment to an affiliate at any given merchant or network, I'd not open an account or I'd cancel my existing one.

the issue isn't of it being the *only* option though, it's of it being *an* option

Brian currently pays via check, on time, which is cool. It's just that PayPal is faster and more convenient for some affiliates (quite a few international affiliates as well).

I can see where the worries are, and I can see where the benefits are in the situation.

I wish shareasale would pay in paypal too.
    Brian any chance of getting E-gold payments?
    thanks

Quickrewards,

Very doubtful on the E-gold at this time.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    As convenient as Paypal is, I agree with Brian. I do not keep a sum of money in my Paypal account. Some clients prefer to pay via Paypal but that money is quickly removed from my account. There are horror stories floating around about Paypal freezing accounts and not returning the money. If Brian has a large number of affiliates that prefer paypal, its risky having a large amount of capital in the Paypal account. Fraud is also on the increase involving unauthorized use of peoples Paypals accounts...another huge risk when involving a signicant amount of money

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

paypal is as ok as Ebay or any other bank. It should be offered as an option. When you carry a $25 Check to a German Bank, they will put $7 on your account and keep $18 as fees. I call that a legal crime. Paypal is cool and has never caused us any problems.

If one person disputes a paypal payment to a merchant, the entire account is frozen until the dispute is settled. This is true! I didn't believe it when I heard it so I called and asked them. U don't know if it applies in this case but I believe it might from what was said to me. Paypal really is bad!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

SSanf .. that is absolutely true.

So .. competitors/disgruntle affiliate could technically join and wait for a payment and then make a claim against the account and it freezes the account until the issue is resolved. PayPal's time period for resolutions is a joke!!!! I compare their resolution period to molasses running up hill on below 0 degree day.

Any competitor can cause issues to their competitor and get a few jollies from their action.

We recently changed our primary bank account to a new account that was verified by PayPal and funds drawn from our primary account to the PayPal account and the account was in resolutions for 29 days until PayPal figured out what was going bad on "their" end.

And .... the attached business premier card to the PayPal account is now listed as a "closed account" .. even though PayPal states that it is not. We cannot use the card and have to have a new one assigned because of "PayPal" issues .. not our banking institutions as they proclaim issues evolve from.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

I must use paypal for a site I built for a friend. They go right into your bank account and take whatever they want even if you have transferred funds to them and they just haven't cleared, yet. I know they did it to my account. I had some knowledge going in and I opened an account for paypal only. You can bet I don't keep much in that account.

I sure wouldn't want a merchant to pay me with paypal!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    If one person disputes a paypal payment to a merchant, the entire account is frozen until the dispute is settled. This is true! I didn't believe it when I heard it so I called and asked them. U don't know if it applies in this case but I believe it might from what was said to me. Paypal really is bad!

Errrrrrrrr...... I disagree. I recently had a customer complain because her item was damaged in the post and they didnt freeze my account.

Checks are better anyways. I hate when paypal takes $25 for every $1000 transaction. I rather get a check and have 5 extra mcdonald's meals! lol

---
    Best Regards,
    C. Pavlovski - Owner
    Site: http://www.jokaroo.com
    Email: cpavlovski@jokaroo.com

Make Money NOW! @ http://www.jokedollars.com
    Payments twice a month, with no wait!

SAS's direct deposit has worked for me without a hitch and has turned out to be the better payment option.

quote:
    Originally posted by A.K. Burditt:
    SAS's direct deposit has worked for me without a hitch and has turned out to be the better payment option.

Ditto!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

More people need to sign up on the Direct Deposit.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

quote:
    Originally posted by shareasale:
    More people need to sign up on the Direct Deposit.

Wish I could

---------------------------------------
    But it beats a real j.o.b.

money bookers for int'l affiliates ?

i like it much more than paypal now.

http://8n.nu

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread