Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    when webmaster nerds start a reply/response off with "ummmmm..." I feel like reaching through my cable modem and twisting the head off of whoever is on the other end. Well, I guess I'll say the say the same thing...

here goes... UMMMMMMM.... Does any of the advertisers through shareasale convert at all? Is there something wrong with the tracking? Do you have a CJ problem? [in Big Chuck's most obnoxious southern drawl...] - let me hep you wit unnerstanding sumthen; out of 1,142 click-throughs to advertiser websites, who pay a sales commission, I have yet to see a sale go through. over 1100 click throughs and nada... nada a dayum thang.

Has some of the CJ crew gone over to SAS since the valueclick buy out? has tracking been working right? is there some type of anomily(sp?)

I replaced other advertisers links with SAS advertiser links, with well targetted traffic coming from MSN, Yahoo, and Google, in high hopes of seeing my account balance move upward at a higher rate than what it is currently doing. oh well... you live, and learn. Yep. that's what granny said; learn from your mistakes.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

Ehmmmmm, some do and some don't.

There are some merchants I changed tactics with.
    I removed the links from my site and I shout their URL out of my window twice a day. Results didn't really drop.

---------------------------------------
    But it beats a real j.o.b.

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck
    I have to agree with you. Perhaps it is just some of our accounts that don't track. There seems to be a lot of people with good things to say about SAS.

I just recently went back to have another go with Shareasale.

Total clickthroughs 1856
    Sales ZERO!

Download Site Map Creator Today

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, not much luck here either, i will give you one that converts for me, The Cookie Garden 1 sale every 30 clicks, 20% commission, averaging $11 commish every sale.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Chuck you are not alone, no sales here either, except my own purchases.

I have a few that convert, a couple that convert quite well.

My average CJ merchant probably converts at least twice as well as my average SS merchant.

But if I'm gonna diversify I gotta go somewhere.

ABW Ambassador
    I have not had much luck with conversions either. I finally reached the $50 mark to get a check but it seems like it took a long time.

I too, promote the cookie garden, and although have had a bunch of clicks, no conversions yet.

One thing I have learned over time is to not place all your eggs in one basket. I think we get about 20 or so different checks each month. And although hectic, it is worth it. Plus, it is like 'payday' every day in our house !

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, I have received a check... don't mis-understand what I am saying. I had the nickel, and dime merchants convert - well, it was actually 18 cents a lick, and 25 cents a lick that converted for me. after a bunch of leads I finally got a check. I figured if the lead merchants did this well, then surely the sales advertisers would produce. Nope.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

UMMMMMMM.... Yes, they DO convert. My SAS checks sent are as follows:

November, 2003 $1,156.92
    October, 2003 $933.62
    September, 2003 $586.46
    August, 2003 $306.63
    July, 2003 $201.64

CJ was never even a close contender for me and I used them exclusively for years. My Indys do better, though, but they are slow to pay. All but one has to be prompted to send the check. So, I prefer SAS.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ROLMAO ...the ABWers are finding out the hard way by wasting thousands of clicks promoting merchants, who's AM's often can't handle the nuances of e-mail retrieval outside of their AOL account. The placing of a HTML sniplet at CJ or SAS into the final confirmation page takes 30 seconds. Then it takes the expertise to carefully put the affiliate coded linking HTML into a test page and click on the link and perform a test purchase. There is no merchant at SAS who's shopping cart doesn't easily accomplish this task without any computer literacy, beyond knowing how to type and cut-n-paste.

Now comes the hard part ....keeping a shady merchant from mastering the shopping cart on/off switch which takes 1 minute of their time to disable reporting and SAS like CJ does not have the staff to monitor the merchants version of theftware... called the reporting tag on/off switch.

There is only one affiliate merchant I know of who is not hindered by the network's problem of setting the cookie or a parasite hijacking the cookie setting procedure. The same merchant cannot disable the affiliate sales reporting tag without disabling the order processing capability. 100% of all sales are reported and a summary e-mail carbon copy of the order form is sent on each transaction to the affiliate.

Payment is made at anytime upon affiliate request when their commission is greater than 25.00. They offer a FREE FREIGHT promotion on orders over $50.00 and start commissions at 10%. Their Suspender products are protected from any copycat competition by a USA patent and they will start shipping the the first Patent pending designer blue jeans to hit the fashion industry in 50 years on February 15th 2004.

I get to monitor the affiliate clicks and view the origination pages as the AM. I can testify that the entire 10,000 ABWers have done a pathetic job on promoting this honest niche' merchant. So far this month the affiliate pool has generated 51 clicks and only 2 sales. This is driving down their conversion ratio, which has average 1 sale per every 23 clicks for 3 years, from any traffic source.

I have some lame portal site owners who charge Holdup Suspenders 35.00 to run 3 months of banner and site profile full page Ads during the Holidays who average 1 sale per every 14 clicks ....LOL who needs affiliates when you have advertising mindset 1990's style site owners.....

The applications and sites get reviewed by me and only those who get a 2 tail feathers up from Charlie get accepted. PS; freebie hosted sites with no traffic or those who use popups & unders, vStores and other cloned Malls with no provision for pre-sell displays or banners get 2 feathers down, as well as mass e-mail affiliates. Those interested may apply at www.suspenders.com/affiliate.htm if they know the meaning of this phrase....

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO PUT A REAL VALUE IN A CLICK....from a shoppers viewpoint.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on November 22, 2003 at 11:50 AM.]

Suspenders site:
    "provided that such transaction(s) occur within ninety (7) days of their first visit."

So which is it? Ninety day cookie or 7 day cookie?

I was about to sign uo and sell a bajillion suspenders, but that stopped me cold.

ABW Ambassador
    Suspender site?

When mork and mindy come back into fashion maybe...

But interesting - the program you promote is one you both promote as an affiliate and are the AM? You monitor all affiliate clicks and actions?? As what, an affiliate or an AM?

I would call that a major conflict of interest. If you were an honest man, you would be the AM or you would be an affiliate, not both. You have actually lied about other merchants' converting numbers while in the same breath promoting this site?

That is amazingly low and sleazy. Even for you mike. But i guess that explains why you lie about your conversion stats for other merchants.

Chet

Shove it Chet as your not only inaccurate in your accessment of my ethics, but also spreading complete lies to this board. I defy you to call Sal Herman 1-800-700-4515 ext 20 and ask him if I ever earned one penny as an affiliate of Holdup Suspenders. I don't even have a Holdup affiliate coded link on my 6 websites and use the company affiliate ID account to perform test purchases. ( verify this lie folks www.ecomcity.com/holdup.htm and view source) I do the AM work pro-bono unlike any AM on this board as part of my webmaster services, which earns me 350.00 per month for site changes -additions- SEO/SEM and paper brochure layout and artwork.

Holdup Suspenders would be more than happy to verify this fact with a copy of my 1099 for the last 3 years if you ask nicely. The 7 return days are clearly marked on the web site.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on November 22, 2003 at 01:17 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    And in case someone thinks i am being hard on Mike.

Check the bottom of this page:
    http://www.suspenders.com/satinblue.htm

EcomCity-75 shops-392 merchants
    nice leak mike - right to your site.

That is ludicrous.

Who would promote that junk?

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    By the way mike, you have lied about me. Multiple times, with no proof. I have proof. All anyone needs to do is go to suspenders, divert their eyes from that horrid design, and look at the bottom of the pages.

Links and promotions to your site. That is called a leak - a leak beneficial to one person.

So give it a break mike. Please, you have called me a clicks for tricks guy, a spammer and more - prove one freaking thing you have said about me?

I just proved your lack of ethics.

Chet

Wow . . . just realized my plus-size site also has a big & tall men section and doesn't promote suspenders. Not that the ladies couldn't use them for a fashion statement . . . --you're on/bring on the links!

and yes -- links to your site(s) are not what I want to see.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

Site leakage and shrewd marketing via reciprocal links is not my game. Site meter show I sent 123 visitors to suspenders.com this month and they sent 24 visitors to either ecomcity.com ... www.ecomcity.com/ims.htm or www.ecomcity.com/holdup.htm. Considering Holdup suspenders gets banner display exposure on 20 pages at ecomcity.com where I can verify the shopper CTR on various creatives for my merchant client can hardly be considered as a leakage game. I pay no commissions or CPC on any traffic to ecomcity so feel free to link to my site. More ABWers visit ecomcity from post links then traffic at suspenders.com....as if their buyers

From my DeepMatrix 6.0 LiveStats program for this month by referring URL ranking section:

Referring Site : abw.infopop.cc
    Total Referrals : 48
    Forecasted : 45.48
    Average : n/a

current avg last forecasted trend

45 - - n/a

Referring Site : www.tgmfitness.com
    Total Referrals : 45
    Forecasted : 36.91

40 - - n/a

Referring Site : www.lakatos-shoerepair.com
    Total Referrals : 41
    Forecasted : 0.23

33 - - n/a

Referring Site : www.google.ca
    Total Referrals : 39
    Forecasted : 28.36

33 - - n/a

Referring Site : www.seniorsearch.net
    Total Referrals : 31
    Forecasted : 15.89

Referring Site : www.exoticwoodsltd.com
    Total Referrals : 29
    Forecasted : 2.05

Referring Site : suspenders.com
    Total Referrals : 24
    Forecasted : 7.40

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, that just proves that suspenders.com is such an ugly site no one can stand to stay there, let alone get to the bottom of the page.

Why in the world would you put the link "EcomCity-75 shops-392 merchants" at the bottom of the page? You have banners saying - Ecomcity.com cybermall 5 million products. Hell on some pages you have two links to your site (of course that is after the banners with the 800 number and the link telling them to look for a local retailer....

So Mike. Why do you have your link at the bottom of eveyr page? Why do you have banners on almost everypage for ecomcity? Why do you have ims bananners and links that go to ecomcity on almost every page?

Your stats only show one thing, suspenders.com is not a popular site. For all your big talk, you only sent 124 visitors? That is according your stats - what 5 sales??? Wow, you are a big producer.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    One factor to consider is that the low starting cost at SAS is bound to attract more lower-quality offers than the larger networks do. Thus, more chaff to sift through to find a good performer. There are a few; just keep digging 'til you hit paydirt.

------------------------------
    "Beware the man who preaches respect for you but does not demonstrate it. Ask him to show his face before you bare your back to his blade." ~ George Hayduke

To use Ssanf's description, I am a bigot! Why?

Well, everything about SAS to me - says "Cheap," and so do suspenders (sorry Mike). Braces on the other hand...

Mike, if you want to p*ss off Chet, just call him the "Ringleader." (Chet, I am on your side in the situation with that hosting clown). I just found the term "Ringleader" hillarious coming from an outsider like that. But I digress.

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

That is pathetic, he calls people parasites for offering rebates or coupons when the fact is he is a parasite attempting to steal traffic from honest hard working affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.suspenders.com/home.htm

I finally took a look at your suspender site and damn. You use the same site design for your clients.

When people go to a site they should be able to tell what is the navigation bar, you have to tell your visitors where the navigation bar is with "Navigation Bar" with a big white arrow.

1800#

Site Meter graphic, unprofessional IMO for a merchant to have this showing.

Not 1 but 2 links to you EcomCity site.

Put a $29.95 suspender in the cart and $8.04 for shipping? For a suspender? Has to be a cheaper way, plus have to add insurance.

Leaks to your personal site everywhere, on a clients site

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Keep it up folks ...your true colors are coming out for all to see. What Chet thinks isn't worth a thing as the actual shopper visiting those pages buys more often then from any other merchant pages for every merchant at Linkshare/BeFree/CJ or SAS. Therefore the site owner is paranoid of any changes that might effect his conversion ratio. The number of suspender choices have double in just the last 12 months almost dictating a redesign. He's content that visitors average 7.2 pages views.

No buyer at that site ever bothers with those bottom of the page links. No buyer of those suspenders ever gets disappointed by the quality or the companies post sales support. Sal is one merchnat who can go to sleep every night knowing there is no rogue customer undermining his business with any valid complaints. Returns are the exception and lifetime warranty claims by even the dumbest of customers are immediately taken care of, often with the claimee backing off the frivoulous claim. Most happily buy a new pair with free freight packaging and replacement pair for the defective one....eaten by the dog. 80% of those getting the return merchandise packaging never use it.

So I monitor this program trying to keep the riff raff out as this is one merchant who does not need affiliates screwing up his ebiz plans or flooding his site with deceptive incent advertising trying to set a cookie. If you don't want to buy suspenders why would www.suspenders.com want or need your visit?

Mike & Charlie ...

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on November 22, 2003 at 04:15 PM.]

Man, you are right trust...That suspender site is...well....
    I would be ashamed to post links to a site looking that unprofessional and would never buy from a merchant site that looks like that. Looks like the little neighbor kid threw it up...

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, you keep saying what your links don't do. but you have never answered, what do they do? What purpose do they serve for another affiliate? Obscure the 800#?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast