Has anyone used Shareasale with an auction site? I called Shareasale and spoke to Brian and he said that I would need to use their "Advanced Method of Tracking" because of all the different ways auctions closed.

There is about 1/2 pages of instructions on how to set up the advance method and it is beyond the scope of my knowledge. I passed the info on to my regular development company and they don't seem too enthused about setting it up. I get the feeling they are as befuddled as I am.

Can anyone give me some good instructions or point me to someone who would know how to set an auction site up with Shareasale? Brian said it should take two - four hours to set up the system so it can't be that difficult. I've spent a week and have made no progress.

Regarding referrals I would need the ability to:

* pay a few dollars for the first bid

* pay a commission on a flash buy

* pay commission when an auction closes and the highest bidder wins.

* pay commission when a referred seller closes and auction early and the highest bidder wins.

* pay commission on reverse auctions.

* pay commission when a referred seller buys auction upgrades like bold, front page, image uploads etc…

LinkAdage Auctions The Place to Buy and Sell Text Links Via Online Auction

My developers have been trying to reach Shareasale for a couple of days now (both voice mails and emails) Shareasale has not responded.

Is this company is just a couple of programming gurus and they are overwhelmed with operational issues let alone take on new customers? That's cool but their lack of enthusiasm when I called and the non-response to my web developer has me a bit concerned about post sale service.

The glowing endorsements here have pointed me in their direction but I will be need to move on soon because I need to get my affiliate program up an running.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    No-one here has received any emails from you or your developers since we spoke on the phone....yesterday....

I just checked the Merchant Support #, given to all merchants in the setup process...no messages.

You are welcome to email me personally or PM me here on Abestweb, and I am happy to help - but please don't spread rumours of non-response that aren't true.

As I stated to you on the phone, there are many options for tracking - and I am happy to speak with any developer that you use who is actually doing the development.. but the advanced tracking, which is a different technology than is used by the majority of merchants (for those reading ) is just that... it requires a programmer who is familiar with how the web works, and the technologies involved. For any developer with those skills, the instructions listed for the Advanced method should be more than sufficient... We have quite a few merchants who have setup an advanced setup in less than an hour. I understand that they (the instructions) don't make sense to a non-technical person...but they aren't intended that way. Thus, the "Advanced" name.

If you are looking for a developer, I can recommend looking for one here, or similar boards, as people are very familiar with affiliate systems and how they work, etc...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Brian,

I think if you answer a few questions that my developer's have we should be all set. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get them on track. I believe you have their emails and phone numbers.

John

Well everyone started communicating and I am up and runnning on SAS. I got 9 quick affiliates and I'm ready for my first affiliat sale.

Thanks Brian and Austoria for working together to get this done.

John

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread