I dont want to post my site yet because I am not sure of the rules here for spamming. But I just joined and I am a video game retailer.

I will be having data feeds within a couple days but I could use some help. I already have a froogle export setup and wanted to know if that was usable. I suppose I could customize it for SAS(later today).

I have been a merchant for 8 years and have been online since 97. I just recently have triple-dedicated myself to my site. I have a good reputation and my prices are better than ebworld, amazon, or bestbuy. Sometimes it's hard to beat the specials they have but I just create my own.

I want to work really close with all the affiliates. I will not allow any of the parasite crap to go on. Just LMK how I can prevent it or help you out.

Haiko...can you let me know if it's ok to post my domain? Also how do I get a forums under Shareasale? You can count on seeing a lot more of me.

labrocca:

Hi & welcome to ABW!

Looking forward to hearing more about your program.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Affiliate Manager
    Posting here about your willingness to help and support your affiliates is a great step in the right direction. I must say that since I opened up a private it has not only been helpful in increasing business but has been alot of fun too.

I seen your site in SAS and I like it. It definately has good potential...

A few starter tips:

-Set up phone tracking. I see that you are using PHP so that shouldn't be to hard with SAS.

-Keep your funds maintained. Do not let your account run out of funds and leave affiliates with a bunch of links that do not work.

-I am not sure what the banner exchange banner at the bottom is about. I wouldn't have a problem with it but other people might. Potential traffic leaks are not good.

-About parasites, all you can do is monitor your traffic and watch the forums for any parasite news. But then again, SAS doesn't support parasites so that will make your job alot easier in that area.

Hope that helps and good luck with your affiliate program

Yeah..I am gonna kill that banner exchange at the bottom. I signed up here at ABW to see how well it works. I gotta say I am REALLY dissappointed about it. I have displayed 15000 banners and it seems like my banner has been displayed just twice. So I guess the exchange isn't all that populated.

As for phone tracking...tell me more! I pretty much do all my own coding to my site so I can do just about anything that anyone suggests.

So to get a private forums...I have to pay ABW?
    DOH! I would love to hear some details.

Affiliate Manager
    You will have to talk to Haiko about the private forum but yes you do have to pay for it. It is definately a good investment though and well worth it. Don't let having to pay scare you off about it. Take a look around in some of the other private forums and see how much affiliate support those merchants are getting. Words speak for themselves

The phone order tracking should be simple through SAS. In your merchant admin area there is an option to "pass SSAID information" onto your server. This is what passes the affiliates affiliate ID onto your server when your links are clicked on.

From there you just set a cookie on your site for the SSAID value and then echo the value next to the phone number. If the customer calls then they will have the affiliate ID number next to the phone number right in front of them so you can manually credit any phone sales.

It looks like your phone number is an image graphic? You may have to change that to just text though unless you can get the SSAID near the image.

hmm...I will look into it. To be honest I only get a few calls for orders. And we normally answer a question and ask them to use the site checkout system. It's much easier for us. The site has a great backend and there is less possiblity of an error.

Make the phone code tied to the session ID so tht your phone people can look directly at the user's cart when they do phone in.

You'll do three things with that:
    - First and foremost, you are making life easier on your customers.
    - You make it easier on your phone support staff to help the customer (which makes #1 happen).
    - You guarantee your affiliates get the credit for the work they've done.

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club -- http://www.ford-fox.org

Since no one has said I can't yet...I will post my site.
    VideoGameDeals.com

Please edit and scold me if I am wrong.

As for the phone thing..I have another question. If I enable the SSAID will that break my current setup? Will that change how I implemented my checkout code? Or will it work the exact same? Since I use php session ids I dont want to create possible interference.

I don't know the details of the shareasale merchant software nor your system, so I cannot tell you what will and won't work, specifically. I can only give you general pointers.

Unless of course, you hire me to delve into your code.

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --

Hi labrocca and welcome to ABW. I was just checking out your program at SAS and noticed that your images, banners weren't showing up. Just thought I would let you know about it.

BTW - I like the ease of navigation on your site. I haven't tried to push Videos yet, but might give it a shot. Good Luck

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Seems like an SAS problem. It happened sometime last night too...suddenly all my banners were not viewable. I am not sure what would happen if someone was actually using my banners though.

Hey Brian, can you look into this?

http://www.VideoGameDeals.com now an SAS merchant.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Our fault, problem fixed....

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Sales are really coming in. Way more than I originally planned. Thanks shareasale.

labrocca, if you want to open your own support forum here, go here:
    http://www.abestweb.com/merchants/

If you want someone's affiliate link to the same, ask them in a PM..

--
    --

I am seriously considering opening a forums here. I just am unsure of the timing. By the time I get it up and with all the orders I am currently dealing with. I dont want to do it half-ass and then have people think I dont care. I hope to start a contest for my affiliates.

Does anyone have something they think would be good? Do you think my merchandise is enouugh of a prize? Or just cash. I was also thinking about giving away a $100 gift certificate for an affiliates user.

What are some good contest ideas?

Affiliate Manager
    With your product line a gift certificate would be pretty good. Some affiliates like bonus money so maybe give them a choice?

To make things fair so everyone has a chance to win maybe you can offer something for all affiliates that reach $X amount in sales or X total sales. That way not just the big affiliates win all the time.

Examples:

-Get 10 sales and receive 5 games of your choice or cash value ($X Limit)

-Get $100 in sales and receive a $20 bonus or a free $20 gift certificate.

Again, those were just examples...

lol...

I don't make $10 off a $100 sale. Video games are becoming a low-margin item very fast. Especially on the internet.

Thanks for the advice though. I could maybe offer a $25 Gift Certificate for every $1000 in sales. Getting $1000 in sale is kinda easy with my products.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread