ABW Ambassador
    I just got a 23 dollar and some change commission from one of the lingerie advertisers! Thanks for turning the tracking switch back to "on" - lol!

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck

Big Chuck:

Congrats on the sale! Brian will be working on my switch next, I'm sure!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

ABW Ambassador
    lol - every body went to that secret meeting they had on screwing affiliates and learned about the "on - Off" switch. I hope the sale sticks. It, of course, is lingerie. It is subject to a return policy, I'm sure. If it doesnt fit the fat girl just right, and make her look sexy she'll return it.

Big Chuck

Big Chuck

The fastest way to get her to return it is say she is fat
    You'll have to hope she does not visit ABW

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!

Are you guys implying that lingerie merchants are unscrupulous? If you're looking for a lingerie merchant with honesty & integrity, check out our program, right here on Shareasale.

Returns haven't been a big problem for us (we carry an extensive line of sexy plus-size lingerie, and we have links to a pop-up size chart everywhere).

We have also gone to great lengths to weed out bad credit cards. We used to allow shipping to a different address than the bill-to address, but wound up with a ton of orders asking us to ship product to Indonesia and bill their "home" address in Ohio Now we require that orders must be shipped to the credit card billing address, if paying by credit card.

We recently implemented some additional AVS logic in our shopping cart software as well. Previously, if the authorization was successful, the cart would allow the order to be completed, but send us the AVS code, and we had to determine whether or not to accept the order. As you can imagine, this resulted in us canceling a number of orders, and voiding the commissions Now if the AVS code indicates a legitimate card, but a bad address, we prevent the order from being completed. In the event that it's just someone wanting the garment shipped to their office, or PO Box, we direct them back to the shipping address page, and request that they fill in the correct credit card billing address.

Since we implemented these changes, the number of voided affiliate commissions has dropped to ZERO. Will it stay that way forever? We hope so, but we're also realistic. But, if people find new ways to try to cheat the system, we'll continue to search for new solutions.

Regards,

Larry Hiscock
    Dainties.com

Hey Larry you have a big problem with your loading times, it takes an age for a page to load for me and I'm on cable

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!

Big Chuck Congrats!

About us |Contact us| poetry | fighting parasiteware

AIM: ssn Jason

Favorite quote: "You can do it on your own, but you don't have to do it alone"

Hmm have you seen my pic?

8. Newbie
    Gordon,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not real happy with the speed that the navbar loads, but aside from that, it seems to load ok for me. And no, I'm not on the local network, I'm in California and the server is in Texas.

Can you check a traceroute to see if you've got a bottleneck somewhere? We used to have cable, and our cable company used a satellite uplink for their backbone connection. It was fine when streaming a big download, but loading a page with a bunch of small graphics took forever because of the satellite bounce delay.

I'll try to squeeze some more bytes out of the images. I'm also considering going back to text links for the navbar to help improve load time.

Regards,

Larry Hiscock
    Dainties.com

ABW Ambassador
    provide me with the product showcase creator and I will make a bunch of pages! see akiva.

Big Chuck

What a great data feed. Don't even NEED webmerge for this. I should have this up first thing tomorrow.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

quote:
    Originally posted by Gordon:
    Hey Larry you have a big problem with your loading times, it takes an age for a page to load for me and I'm on cable

Can you check the load times again? I redesigned the site somewhat and replaced all of the images in the nav bar with text links. I think it loads faster, but I'd like some independent confirmation.

Thanks!

Larry Hiscock
    Dainties.com

I would also like to add that we are a lingerie site that in no way has a big return problem.

We also have a datafeed and some pretty good banners. We even pay for sales through our shoe site.

I'm not sure if the commission that started this thread was from us or not but if it was Great Job.

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread