Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    does anyone know what other programs at cj are run by the guy that runs gifttree?

does he run flowersfast?

ABW Ambassador
    Flowers Fast justed terminated my partnership with them due to "no sales" - I wish folks would give me some time to find a way to plug them in. Oh well, there are plenty of good flower/gift merchants to choose from.

To answer your question...

1StopFlorist
    AAAFruitbasket
    AllWineBaskets
    1stWineandFruit
    GiftTree
    SendAGift

There might be one more, but there is definitely more than one program/website. Lots to choose from, and personally, I have made some good sales with them. They have a good commission structure, and Phil is great at communicating with his affiliates (web publishers), and strives at making the partnership profitable for both his company and us.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I just got it from Flowers Fast, too. Only they said "no sales in last quarter" for me. WHO GIVES A SHEET ABOUT LAST QUARTER! THAT'S BS!

Well, it's their loss. A cheaper florist (in other words, one that should be able to convert in that super-competitive category) is already up on some sites, with the others to follow.

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

Flowers Fast is NOT part of GiftTree!

They didn't dump me tho :confused:

Just finished putting up over 300 product links for GiftTree :cool:

Haiko

Glad to hear they're not connected!

I can go ahead, then. :cool:

ABW Ambassador
    And I strongly suspect that GiftTree is the new owner/manager of Aaron's Baby Baskets... there has been a definite upscale in the quality of Aaron's offerings, upscale in the product presentation, some duplications between GiftTree and Aaron's, and if you look at the new product pages for Aaron's... well, let's just say they look really familiar.

I'm guessing there was sufficient equity in the Aaron's name to keep it, but I definitely smell a "monster" behind that door. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

He also rans 1stopflorists and allwinebaskets.

Did those also reduce their cookie durations for no reason other than to screw their affiliates too?

I own all of those, but not FlowersFast.

CK-we did reduce our cookies, but not to screw the affiliates. There were decisions in upper management that we at Gifttree have to live with, for now. Please don't let this one issue ruin a possible great relationship.

Mr. Spock, If you need anything else, or have questions about my programs, you can call me direct or email me.

Phillip Valdez
    360-699-0772 x240
    phillip@gifttree.com

Oops! Forgot to tell you the rest of our programs. The reason for the 11 programs is to break up the REALLY big and bulky Gifttree site. Some sites do better than others, and we are cleaning up those crappy ones.

Gifttree, sendagift, 1stopflorists, AAAflorists, Allwinebaskets, fleetflowers, aaafruitbaskets, aaaballoons, 101flowers.net,1stwineandfruit.

The last one is getting a HUGE makeover. That's about it. If you need me, I'll be in the corner nursing a Barcardi & coke. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Monstrphil

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Monstrphil ]

Oh good - I got dropped by Flowers Fast too....I thought it was just me!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I was beginning to feel all left out but I got the tragic news today too! I'm like, so upset.

I sent a nice reply back 'I removed you months ago when I saw your stats'.

The site is really dire too. Just general crappiness to do with lame colour schemes, the navigation being on a drop down menu on the upper right and it looking like they only have three bunches of flowers for sale unless you do notice the drop down, then theres the over large credit card things screaming We Want Your Money...

There are more credit cards than flowers on the entry page. Am I being a bit English here, or is that not very tactful?

Yuk. I probably ruled them out on artistic grounds. And then its like, *my* fault they don't earn enough?

f

"There are more credit cards than flowers on the entry page. Am I being a bit English here, or is that not very tactful?"

TACT!?! What's that! Hmmm, UK English-to-American English dictionary... j/k

No, it's not tactful. But caring about that in a sales setting is pretty English, with the exception of the really fancy places like Nordstrum's.

I must say, with all these Drop Notices going out, it sounds like FlowersFast will be on F'dCompany, fast!

Note: Ah, it's FLEET Flowers! I knew there was one in there with initials FF... Glad it's not FlowersFast!

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    Leader,

You still got flowersfast links up. did you make a plea to them?

Monstrphil,

Well I still haven't heard any "Good" reason for reducing the cookie duration from 45 to 30 days. I must admit the timing of it certainly looked like you were out to screw all your affiliates out of some Christmas sales.
    You still haven't given a "real reason", so the logical reason is you wanted to thank your affiliates by screwing them out of a few Christmas Sales.

I do have a great "excuse" for your reduction in cookie duration, but if my "excuse" was the real reason, you would have said so right away.

Until I get a satisfactory response, I won't be promoting Gift Tree nor will I be reccomending them to anyone.

I know there are others that like your program here, but that is based on their experience with it.

My Experience is based on the fact that the cookie duration was reduced for no apparent reason, you have been unable or unwilling to provide a reasonable explaination for it, you have made claims that it will have virtually no effect - then why change it? You have "hid" behind the "vague entity" of a "management decision" and a "business decision" while at the same time you say it won't have any effect. Why does your management spend time making business decisions that have no effect?

I do appreciate the fact that you spend time on these boards and try and address questions and concerns. I don't appreciate lame excuses and BS responses. If you reduced the cookie durations to save costs, then say so.

ABW Ambassador
    Personally, I am promoting their ads and doing well for just starting out. I expect gift services (all of Phils realestate) to be my top performing merchant(s) in the next two months, even with the holiday season coming to a close at the end of December. I think the drop in cookies is obvious, with any merchant, and that is to cut costs. I know we don't like cookie durations being dropped, but Phils 30 days is much better than some I've seen. Really, the ones (advertisers) that piss me off are the ones with zero, and one day cookie durations. And, some of them would even lower their commission to less than three percent! I have seen one percent, and zero cookie durations! I believe truevaluemart (or is it "truevalue"?) did that. I emailed the guy in charge (they didnt seem to have an affiliate manager at the time) and he said they were going to make improvements, but I don't recall seeing any made.

CK, you have that option not to promote any merchants ads, but do tak a look at some of the commissions you would make on many of their products before closing the door completely - my two cents. You're looking at 12-15 % commissions on something people search for all year around - gifts, i.e. valentines, b-days, graduation, promotions, and holidays. Some of the ticket items are producing some good commish. I made close to eighty bucks on two sales.

Anyhoo, take it for what it's worth.

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

ABW Ambassador
    CK, the rants are becoming tedious and after an initial attempt at trying to address the issue on board, it's just tiresome to see these same old arguments in a thread that has nothing to do with reduced cookies.

At least have the courtesy to start a new thread.

BigChuck,

Right now I am promoting some of GiftTree's competitors, but I suppose I should check and make sure these aren't just another one of their sites.

Once I get a satisfactory answer, I will consider testing some of their links.

As for the merchants with l-3% commissions and super low cookie durations, They don't stand a chance of ever making it on to my sites. I wouldn't think that many people would try and actively promote a program that doesn't want to reward their affiliates.

I'm not arguing that a 30 day cookie is unreasonable. I'm disappointed in the response from GiftTree. I sensed a "it's my program and I will do what I want ans I don't have to explain myself to anyone" attitude. The poor excuses coupled with an arrogant attitude has caused great concern about GiftTree.
    If the customers I would send to them are going to get similar treatment, do I really want to send them to GiftTree? :eek:

FWIW I bought a new domain and am advertising the crap out of it .... merchant #1 .... Gift Tree (over 300 product links!!!)

Haiko

quote:
    Originally posted by Commission King:
    I'm disappointed in the response from GiftTree. I sensed a "it's my program and I will do what I want ans I don't have to explain myself to anyone" attitude.

Phil does not need to explain the 'why' to you. It is his business and you're *not* his employee. If you cant live with 30days -- you dont have to.

Quiet777

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko - do you have a directory of all your sites? if you don't mind I'd like to peep 'em out, steal your ideas and source code, and make out like a bandit [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Chuck,

Fast Track to the poor house? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck ... They have a name for that sort of thing ...

"Pranaving" a site [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Where has that little rascal been..

Dave

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: dhelle ]

Quiet,

It's exactly that attitude that is of great concern. Is that the answer they give to their customers too? If GiftTree can't give their affiliates a straight answer, why should I think they are going to treat their customers any better?

Big Chuck--H No, I didn't make a plea to FlowersFast! But I have 7 days from the time of notification to get around to them, and I'm not one to bother rushing (with VERY few exceptions). So the last link will probably disappear sometime before the buyers start to come in on the day they're expired--but they WILL come down!

(Edited to Clarify that I'm talking about FlowersFast)

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast