Tried to sign up as a merchant, but I have to put the tracking code into an .asp page for it to work. Granted, my tech skills are limited, but my server doesn't support .asp and says most companies offer "older ASP v3 standard, and none of the ones available offer any of the ASP.net features," whatever that means. They say .asp is unreliable. So, why does SAS require it? I can use a FP .htm page, but the SAS tech says it will be very hard to track sales. Now what? I haven't paid them the $200 yet.

---Hershey

"My mother is the only one who loves me, and she moved into the garage."

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    ASP is not required. you can use any dynamic page that you wish...

examples: .php, cold fusion .cfm, ASP .asp, java .jhtml, etc.. etc... cgi/perl .cgi/.pl/.all kinds of things.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

What can I do using Frontpage?

---Hershey

if you want a really dynamic and ready to go ecommerce site please lmk...

i have an incredible open source OSC I can install and setup for you at a reasonable fee

its ready to use SAS too

you can view my site in the sig...the backend for the site is rather extensive and impressive

PM me for details or email me at the site

-Jesse (use my contact_us page)

http://www.VideoGameDeals.com now an SAS merchant.

SAS's site says that no technical expertise is required to start as a merchant. Funny me, I believed them. Talked to 2 different tech guys, got two different answers and neither was helpful. My FP question hasn't been answered in this forum by SAS. So, my suggestion is to stay away from them. I will take my business where I can get help and where the lure to attract merchants isn't bogus.

---Hershey

I think you are being unfair to SAS. You need a shopping cart to run any kind of online store. Front page will not do that.

The post from labrocca was kinda hinting to that but I think you are missing the point.

You should at least have a store set up and able to take orders before you come to SAS or any other affiliate program. I don't mean a pay-pal store, I am talking about a store with a merchant account and a shopping cart.

I could be way off in my answer but from what I am reading it looks like this is the problem.

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

We run a lead program, not a sales program, so we don't need a shopping cart. The site says no technical expertise is required, which isn't true, and it says they are there to help, which also isn't true. Truth in advertising is all I ask.

---Hershey

Well that makes more sense.

I am sure Brian will now be able to answer your questions. I do not use the PPL set up so I don't know how it really works. I see in my account where I can, but I never set that up.

Just so you know once you join you will have Brians cell phone # for problems like this. You would not believe how nuts I must of made him getting a proper data-feed for him to use but he helped me every way he could.

Bob Rawley
    www.dimout.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread