Hi Brian,

I've been using ShareASale for a while now and have been pleased with the results. I've just finished reading through a bunch of the posts here and have a few questions to ask and thoughts to add.

1) Regarding payment - Is it at all possible to have a money order or cashiers check sent instead of a normal check? I live and work outside the USA, and there is a long hold on checks from other countries. I'd happily pay an extra $25 or $50 bucks to have this done. Alternatively, having direct deposit available to your Canadian affiliates would be GREAT. I noticed that you mentioned in 2003 that this was in the works. Do you have an estimated date that this might be available?

2) There seems to be a great deal of discussion about the usability of the site. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with most of it, but there are a couple of things that can be really frustrating at times:

(a) when creating a CSV file to download stats from, the file seems to be limited in size to somewhere around 1000 transactions. Any more and rather than generating the file, it simply gives the error "Your record set is too large to create. Please restrict your search.". This makes it impossible to view subID stats for any day or date range that has more than 1000 transactions. Is it possible to increase or remove this limit? This is a rather large issue for me that really limits my ability to make full use of your network.

(b) in the "Activity Summary Center" section, there is no option to view last month's stats, only "All Time" or "This Month". This, combined with the limit on the size of the CSV file reports (from the point above), means that the only way to do month end stats (on the 1st or later of the next month) is to download a CSV file for each and every day of the desired month and manually add up all of the days.

(c) (this one is really small) when creating a CSV file, it would be great if the date selection defaulted to the current day (or day before) and month, instead of Jan 1, 2004.

3) I really like the new "Quick View" in the "Join New Programs" section. Good stuff. =) A great addition to that section would be the ability to sort by effective network earnings (ie - # of $ signs).

Thanks for putting together a great service. I hope you'll have time to read and respond to this message, particularly about the payments and .CSV files size limits.

NewGuy

P.S. Thanks for the Revenue magazine. I'll definitely be subscribing.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    NewGuy,

all points taken - thank you for the comments... look for new things coming in the next week or so as I finish testing and cleaning up some new reports and features.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

specifically on this...
    quote:

1) Regarding payment - Is it at all possible to have a money order or cashiers check sent instead of a normal check? I live and work outside the USA, and there is a long hold on checks from other countries. I'd happily pay an extra $25 or $50 bucks to have this done. Alternatively, having direct deposit available to your Canadian affiliates would be GREAT. I noticed that you mentioned in 2003 that this was in the works. Do you have an estimated date that this might be available?

we had it all set to go over here in jan... but the bank we were going through - well, lets just say it has been delayed. we hope to have DD to select international locations sometime in the spring - though it depends on our current expectations from the bank, which was incorrect last time. canada is our first priority when it comes to internatinoal DD as it represents the majority of non-us affiliates...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

oh yeah...

quote:
    3) I really like the new "Quick View" in the "Join New Programs" section. Good stuff. =) A great addition to that section would be the ability to sort by effective network earnings (ie - # of $ signs).

i got something better for you... stay tuned as they say.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread