Is there a way to get an entire feed instead of pages at a time? This is especially annoying since each page of the feed has the same name as all the others!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ditto!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Agreed, that sure would be nice!

Unfortunately, it's going to be necessary. All the feeds are named the same friggin' thing. So if they update them any more often than once a month, it isn't worth my trouble to properly name them. Sorry, but ArabianBazaar.com just won't bring in enough sales to warrant manual feed manipulation...

Some merchants have their feed available through SAS's site as well as an "in-house" download directly from the merchant.

As far as updates and when they happen - ask your merchant and/or AM if they would add a field within their Data Feed which would contain the date of their last update or change.

If you are looking for a Lingerie Feed which is very "affiliate friendly" please consider our lingerie data feed. Just email me with "feed me" as the subject. Please see our forum under SAS.

Howie Goldberg
    Affiliate Manager
    www.1lingeriestore.com
    (800)206-7230
    amh@webc1.com
    www.1lingeriestore.com/affiliates.htm

Can I get a reply from SAS...?

I agree whole-heartedly. This is hold me back as well with some sites that I have planned. This is also one reason I created ezDatafeed. It's just not convenient to get datafeeds from some merchants. If there is a merchant that has a feed that can't be automated, send them an email, tell them your feelings and point them my way. I'll do my best to get them to understand the importance of downloading feeds as one file instead of 2-30 files at a time.

Chris

----------------------------
    ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I was just thinking what a PIA it is but I do chuckle when I read:

"Your requested datafile had more than 1000 products listed in it. Therefore, we have seperated it into pages for you."

If you're doing it for me, please don't! My upper limit is about 400k products these days.

By the way, I emailed a while back about the Irish Photo datafeed. The Thumbnail images are large & the Big Images are small. Perhaps they can fix this?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread