As a merchant on SAS, we have the option to receive notice when an affiliate makes a sale.

It would be nice if the affiliates had that same option on their side to toggle on and off PER merchant.

That way, if they are testing a new merchant, or if they want instant feedback on how a merchant is doing, they can get sales notifications sent to them.

Obviously for the volume of sales some affiliates generate, this might require a whole new mail server , however I think it could still be useful for some.

Any thoughts?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, this is a good idea!

ABW Ambassador
    I think their real-time reporting is just fine.

Anybody who is too lazy to log in and check stats now and then is too lazy to ever generate a significant volume of sales anyway.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    All my affiliates receive a e-mail notice on all product sales. No way can the merchant not report sales without turning off the complete shopping cart. Lead merchants can forget about using this as a option.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

quote:
    Originally posted by Chief_Beef:
    Anybody who is too lazy to log in and check stats now and then is too lazy to ever generate a significant volume of sales anyway.

I guess I should have been more clear about "any thoughts"

I really meant "any thoughts why this would impact you negatively as a merchant or as an affiliate"

I'm not sure that equating email notifications with laziness states why it shouldn't be done.

As a merchant, I find it handy to see instantly which affiliates are sending sales.

I think as an affiliate it would be nice as well.

Trust me, I'm a compulsive stats checker, but that extra notification still would be nice.

It's not something I would ever use on any network. If my sales volume is big, I wouldn't want an email for every sale. If my sales volume is small, I wouldn't care.

I wouldn't be opposed to having something like this available (as long as it was defaulted to OFF), but I don't see the benefit.

Is there a way to see which merchants have this feature enabled? I wouldn't want to work with a merchant would gets so few sales that they would use a feature like this.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Betty Mills sends me a notice whenever I make a sale. I love it!

I guess it could be technically possible to make so many sales it could become a nuissance to get a lot of email notifications, but I can't imagine that right now.

Lily

quote:
    Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    Is there a way to see which merchants have this feature enabled? I wouldn't want to work with a merchant would gets so few sales that they would use a feature like this.

I see what you're saying, but I've seen some pretty large merchants have notification of sale as an option for their affiliates.

I don't think it would be indicative of low sales. Just adding another option that some affiliates might want.

If your sales volume is big, obviously wouldn't need it. As I mentioned, it would be nice for just starting out on a new program and getting instant feedback.

I don't think it would be useful for everyone (not many features are), but I think it would be useful for some.

http and a telephoto
    I do like this feature. I get emails from certain merchants and it is nice to log into email and see that your work is paying off. Stats of course are necessary too, but when you have worked hard at getting a merchant added to a site, got links up, worked of SEO, it is nice to get notified of the sales. When I am at the level of you megamillion guys it might get annoying, but for now it is positive reinforcement and lets me know where to focus my marketing efforts.

Of course the option to turn it off would be necessary for those that don't want to filter off messages or that have so much volume that it would just be a nuisance.

Deborah Carney
    Link up!
    Submit your sites, if you fit the criteria
    http://coolcraftsites.com/directory
    http://coolpetsites.com/petlinks

I agree totally that it would be very productive to provide instant gratification for those of us who are in the building stage.
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread