Hi all -

[[Removed. Please refer to the ABW rules for advertising your program... we love to have you here as I am sure ABW is too, but you'll need to follow their rules.]]

I'm always open to suggestions, comments, and constructive criticism - I know that it's the affiliates that make or break a great program, and we want to do whatever it takes to ensure mutual success.

Thank you!

That looks like a winner! Give us a nice adaptable creative to put on some pages.

Best if the creative will fit in a 500 pixel wide space for me. Or, make something we can adjust to fit different spaces.

I am sure I can find a spot.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Thank you!

We have right now on SaS several 468 x 60 banners (some static, some animated), a 234 x 60, a 120 x 60, and a 88 x 31.

We also have a 500x500 and 125x125 that we have not uploaded yet- would either of those work better for you? You mentioned a "500 pixel wide space" - what height do you need?

I'll pass along your request for something that you can adjust for different sizes - but I'm not sure how that c
    ould work. Could you explain it a little, or point me to an example?

Thanks,

(Cripes, I lost the first part of this post and now don't remember what I wrote!! It was something about my pages having a 500 pixel wide space after the includes. The length can be as long as needed.)

A banner won't do. I never use them. People are generally banner blind. A creative really tells the story of what you have and why people should buy it. It is much larger and the main focus of the page.

Actually, I think merchants would be smart to make creatives in several widths because most folks have either side or top navigation on their sites. I think most sites still aim for the 800 pixel wide size to accommodate the largest number of browser settings and then put in side navigation.

Or, make the creative in such a way that the affiliate can easily copy and paste its different elements and arranged them to attractively fit differing available spaces.

The creative should be rather neutral in color to blend with any site design and color scheme. Also, the headings should not be so large as to overwhelm the page. Remember, the affiliate has their own logos and headings on the page. In other words, it should be designed in such a way as to sell yet blend and look normal. That way it will look like the affiliate didn't just stick it in but made a choice to promote you.

I guess, that is asking a whole darned lot.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

You have great site, I don't have all of the banners and images like you, since I didn't know anyone that could advise me, and I am not up on all of the online tech, I thought having 3 sites all linked to yahoo, with the search words for shoppers to scroll down would work. Everytime I try to add links to yahoo, even though I followed the instructions, all i get are dead url's.I have to find an affordable web desiner, i aint greedy, just needy
    I also enjoy your humor, and intelligence.The forum was and is a great place to start,
    Thank you,
    jj

HI, are you familiar with homestead, they offer a lower cost webdesign, it is only for ! website, but 1 working is better than 3 not working. It costs $6.00 per month?
    I can afford that.
    jj

A creative is different from a banner. A banner is just one long loading picture. A creative is like a mini page that you can insert into an existing page. All the pictures are individual and it has independant links that work.

So, with a creative, if you had, for example, computer part one and clicked on it, it would take you to the computer part one buy page. Likewise with computer parts two and three in the same creative.

You need to add something to the links such as "INSERT-AFFILIATE-ID-HERE"

Clear? I don't know if I explain things well.

Anyhow, that is my take on it. I think we need a thread on creatives for merchants. Anyone want to run with that ball?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've seen everything from banners to full-page ads routinely called "creatives."

I think it's just a buzzword way to refer to any ad, especially when the ad is an online variety.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hey SSanf,

I hear your idea about a "landing-page" type creative. I'm not sure how many people would use such a large piece as a whole, but perhaps they would use whatever pieces worked for their site.

It seems that someone beat me to the punch - a new affiliate of ours is offering our product, and he made his own mini-site using creatives that we supplied in addition to graphics right off our home page. You can see for yourself at:
    http://www.wolfknight.com/prod03.htm

It's an interesting approach, although perhaps something that our graphic designer could put together would serve a little better.

If we put together this creative, how would affiliates access it? I don't see where on Shareasale there is a place to upload an html page.

Thanks,

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Barry,

I just visited your site (and signed up for your program).

Do you track telephone orders to ensure that if someone clicks through my site and then uses the phone number on your site that I get credit?

Lily

Hi Lily,

Glad to have you on board!

We don't yet have a system in for tracking telephone orders from affiliates - however, the vast majority of our orders come through the web. In fact, I don't think we've had ANY cases where a telephone order originated from a "web link" (we always ask where the customer heard of IWeD).

So it's a pretty safe bet to say that if someone is going to purchase the IWeD after clicking on an affiliate link, he/she will do so through the web.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread