Hello again,

I don't want to give the impression that I'm a complainer, but I have an idea to speed things up at ShareASale for merchants. (I'm just an efficiency freak: I like streamlined GUI's and I hate extra steps).

Whenever you edit a banner, it requires you to browse for (or just remember somehow) the filename on your hardrive for the banner graphic.

Here's why I think that's usually unnecessary and highly inefficient. ShareASale doesn't allow you to change the file name for a banner. You must always upload the same file name each time (you can just change the graphic and upload with the same file name).

Okay, I can see WHY they do this (to not screw up the affiliates), what I can't see is why I have to re-enter the graphic each time I want to edit the URL link, or something else (like make it private, or public). The only time I can conceivably imagine the Browse button being useful is if I ever move my files to another directory and need to re-upload some changes. Otherwise, it seems like the easy thing to do (since the file name can never be changed) would be to have the file re-upload be optional, and have a "Refresh" button in addition to the browse button.

You know? Let's say I remove a pixel from a banner. I must use the same filename, so that's moot. Wouldn't it by nice to have a refresh button, or better yet just an optional checkbox for refresh? With Browse button available (but usually not needed) in case you have moved the file? This would require ShareASale to remember the location of your file on your hard drive, I know, and maybe that's why they don't do it.

Even without that, it would be nice if I didn't have to browse for the file each time I want to change something other than the graphic (again, like the URL).

Just my thoughts, still super happy with ShareASale, and in case anyone is interested I'll be adding more products to web site (and then feed) all weekend to expand the line up. If I can get a distributer off his heiny, I'll also be adding PI related books soon.

Thanks again,

Toxey McDavid
    "Self appointed efficiency annoyance" :P

Can I delete a thread? :P

I just figured out that if I don't click the browse button and edit a banners link URL (or whatever), ShareASale assumes the banner is the same...

Yes, I've been wasting my OWN time... :P ShareASale works just fine. I still think a "Refresh" button would be more efficient... but not worth rewriting code over

Sorry for the dumb post,

I think I'm following your logic. Please appreciate that I never download graphics from sharesale but simply enter the code as provided. If they change a banner, using the old filename, I then will have a new graphic placed onto my site without any editorial decision by myself. I want more control of the graphics that appear on my site so I must cast my vote for not recycling filenames.
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread