http and a telephoto
    Bit the dust? Shouldn't we get some kind of notice when a merchant goes offline? I was alerted by another affiliate, how long have I been wasting space? I do not like having links up that go no where, especially a search box!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Not saying a word.

Well.. cept, maybe you should post in the PW forum, it might get noticed faster in there.

http and a telephoto
    I looked for the PW forum and didn't see it, where is it hiding?

Also, it would be nice if ShareASale as a network would send email notices when a joined merchant goes offline. If there is a setting somewhere to get these notifications I would appreciate it.
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Thanks for alerting us directly????

You could have posted in our forum where I check for messages several times a day!

A huge bogus order came through and depleted our reserve for about one day.

We fully intend to support all our affiliates through SAS.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

http and a telephoto
    You are a ShareASale merchant and ShareASale is where I saw you were deactivated and so I posted in the ShareASale forum, I did not see your separate forum and part of my complaint is that I would like *ShareASale* to notify affiliates when a merchant goes offline.

I am tired of sending free traffic to merchants that don't track, and wasting clicks on merchants with links that go nowhere. That hurts *my* sites credibility for repeat visitors. They will stop clicking if links don't take them where they want to go.

If you only read your own forum, you are missing out on a lot of good information here at ABW and maybe that is why your program is in trouble...
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    I really shouldn't answer your silly post, you were trouble from the get-go looking to get our software for nothing and than all the jazz with our datafeed.

Our program is not in trouble what so ever and growing every month in sales and GOOD affiliates.

Our affiliates and I know we have the best pet affiliate program out there.

You said
    quote:
    I did not see your separate forum
    Ummm...

Didn't know you had a forum?

Please go BARK up another tree!
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    loxly,

see thread...

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...805#7326032805

about how to manage temp. offline merchants. we offer a redirect back to your site for your own notification and error handling...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

http and a telephoto
    Thank you Brian, I will go look at that thread.
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    I went to the Edit Your Account area and did not see where to add the link to redirect to.

I also still would prefer an email notifying me if a merchant goes offline, because if a pet merchant goes offline the link would be one page and if a lingerie merchant went offline, it would need to go somewhere else. So I would rather take the links down, then have them redirect to someplace that won't help me get sales.

Chet's suggestion in the other thread was a good one and it sounds like it should be doable.
    Deborah Carney

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    need to be a "Full" member to have this functionality... (Full comes when paid one time)

Email me your account info if you are not a full member and i will look into it.

On the redirect, it sends it back to you with a merchantID in there so you can redirect to different pages, and notify yourself by email if you wish on offline status per merchant, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Animal Lover
    So that's it...I never used the redirect function precisely for the reason that Deborah just mentioned ie I wouldn't just want 1 url to redirect to ie if my pet merchant was offline, it suddenly went to a shopping site if the person clicked on a link...will have to fiddle some more.

thanks for all the help Brian,
    Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Hi, Oscar, with the help of some kind members, I finally got 2 websites working,what I was doing wrong, first was using yahoo, the page wizard isn't, i dropped them, also i was downloading a big cache of ads into each website, now i use the url of each ad, and it works, i picked what I felt would be the most popular products and services, and now to start on angelfire, I was in to big a rush to get nowhere, now the verisign url, and tripod are working. If you wish to check them out, I will PM anyone with the url's.
    Thanx to all that care and don't mind giving so one a bit off help.
    jj

Animal Lover
    Hi James,

That's great news. Next time, I think you should send messages that aren't related to threads as a Private Message. You need to left click on my name where it says Oscar (full member) and then a menu will come up which says Invite Oscar to a Private Topic - click on that and then send me a PM (private message). That's just how it goes with the Internet world and that's how most forums run. Some people will get offended if you jump in on a thread with something that is unrelated to the topic that it started on.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Sorry,there has been so much traffic from the forum, and I still have more to go, 48 hours at this will dull anyone.I wasn't in the forum when I post the message.So I didn't know which thread was up, since there seems to be alot of them.
    jj

Now I am back to the thread.When we were getting 3 websites up and working, we reviwed the merchants in all of the programs we are in, those that dropped their commissions to 2% becuse their affiliates weren't bringing in the sales they thought would happen, those that are on and offline too much, and those with products and services most people wouldn't order on line, like credit cards, too many phone plans, loans, etc. we dropped,those with only beads we dropped, those with prices way to high we dropped, ls once had a merchant that sold ice cream on line and pecan cakes at over $75 failed, it's like any business, if you don't have it, can't pay your affilates or sales clerks, don't get our vote, it takes too long to keep making the delitions from low rate merchants, a nd affiliates are one of the cheapest form of advertising, compared to the other media, like tv, radio and newspapers.And that's my 2 cents.
    jj

ABW Ambassador
    James.... why keep posting in a thread that's totally unrelated to what you are saying?

The thread was about a new pet merchant, it's been going on for days, as well as other related topics, THIS was the same.
    All i have been reading almost a week about the merchant was low on funds because he had a big order to fill, to me that is not worth taking a
    chance on, too many merchants are low on funds, and not only in SAS.Understand now?
    jj

ABW Ambassador
    I'm sorry James, but your posts aren't very clear - I was the second person to opening wonder why you're posting here and we could see no relation to the thread at hand!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread