I'm curious as I sit here listening to the driving beat of Jack and Meg White, how do great merchants go about finding and recruiting great affiliates?

Care and feeding seems straightforward enough: great customer service, quick response, be honest and fair, pay well, pay on time, be appreciative.

Merchants: How did you find the top 5% selling "super-affiliates"? Or did they find you? Beyond advertising for affiliates, how do you best go about recruiting them?

Affiliates: How did you find your best revenue producing merchants? How do you go about evaluating a merchant you expect to be a good performer?

ABW Ambassador
    "Or did they find you?"

That's how it works in real life!

http and a telephoto
    quote:
    Affiliates: How did you find your best revenue producing merchants? How do you go about evaluating a merchant you expect to be a good performer?

I found a couple of programs looking for items my site visitors would like and all my current high performing merchants I found here at ABW.

As a future merchant, my plan is to sign up at ShareASale and pay for advertising right here. I don't know if I will be able to afford a forum of my own, but will at the very least pay for a new merchant offer announcement and TRY and pay for the email blast offered here.

I haven't checked into what tools ShareASale may specifically have available to advertise to their existing affiliate base, if any.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Hi, DentalPlans has found a lot of our super affiliates from abestweb and the big affiliate networks like CJ and befree. And through Linda Buquet of 5staraffiliates.com. What actually defines a "super-affiliate" is another story. Is it anyone that consistently produces sales?
    Most super affiliates that participate in our program found us, and we found a few too. And most focus their energies on the search engines for driving traffic.

Evan-

"What defines a super-affiliate?" excellent question. From my understanding, in general, the 80/20 rule online is more like 90/10.

90% of online affiliate sales are driven by 10% of affiliates.

For sh*ts and giggles, I guess I'd defined "super-affiliates" as the top 5-10-20%

ish.

Yes that is true, we feel strongly that all affiliate can become "super" so we try to help them get there...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread