Hi, I was wondering if anyone reads the wired news from cnet. Google has had a 4 year filtering system, that blocks anything on line, that contain certin search words, in any order. For example, Since I am located in Sussex County, NJ, the last 3 letters in the county are blocked by Google, a widow, from Baltimore has 4 daughters to raise, and a small girl's clothing business, all of her emails are blocked since it is called The Baltimore Girls Shop. Religious groups, foreign groups that put a least 3 letters together, that google don't feel is appropriate are blocked, other search programs, not as big as google, are using their system, since they claim it costs to musch to build their own, and since google is top dog, they use all or part of it, MSN is one. SO, if we put search engines in like underwear, lingerie, girl's, etc., they will be blocked. It seems tractor trailors are ok.This is a big pain in the butt, to those like me, trying to generate some sales to keep up with the cost of living, it's bad enough with all of the other roadblocks, and if a combo of letters confuses the filters, it blocks them, the engineer that designed the system 4 years ago, said "nothing is perfect'. he and they are not, and have caused many small businesses to either lose, or close. big brother strikes again.
    jj

ABW Ambassador
    You are incorrect in what you are saying. Google doesn't block any of those words when searching.

ABW Ambassador
    Just noticed you said on safe filter. What difference does it make to you as you're not going to be the person making the searches and you can't control whether or not someone has the safe filter on?

Yeah, Google does not do any type of keyword or phrase filtering at all. If you are seeing blocked results it may well be your ISP, or there may be some type of filter in your computer, or browser.

Hope that helps.

quote:
    Originally posted by :: nakedzombie:
    Yeah, Google does not do any type of keyword or phrase filtering at all. If you are seeing blocked results it may well be your ISP, or there may be some type of filter in your computer, or browser.

Hope that helps.
    I don't write the cnet newsletters, that's msn, i only read it, i passed on the info from the article, my filters are fine, as are my parasite blockers.
    that's more than a nickle's worth.
    jj

If you could link to the article in a post, I'd like to read it.

thnx

Not to change the subject, but what is a "parasite blocker?"

Terrie
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

Terrie - I'm glad you asked that question about Parasite blockers. I am a new Shareasale merchant (in fact, this is my first post) and I admit to being baffled by the whole parasite thing. I'm a quick study though. Can anyone point me in the direction of a parasite 101 primer? Thanks!

Teri
    DogDecor.com
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=5247

Welcome Teri-

I was new a week ago myself, and baffled by the whole parasite thing. But here's how it was explained to me...don't worry about it. One of the many fine things about being a shareasale merchant/affiliate is shareasale blocks all the parasites.

101 here: http://www.parasiteware.com/

Mark - thanks a bunch! I have to tell you that I have really enjoyed your site and I love your merchandise. You have some super talented people over there.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread