When it says sale status LOCKED in red letters what does that mean? I looked all over the site for info on it and couldn't find anything?

We sold many laptops last month (all compusa) and these transactions are shown locked in the report and no commissions show up.

When it's in red letters, it probably also has a minus sign: it's a reversal. The sale was
    cancelled for some reason, returned shipment, invalid credit card, etc. If you click on the (new)
    transaction number, you get a popup with details. Also it should show an earlier transaction number in the column corrections, this gives the original transaction that was reversed. Partial reversals are also possible.

Hi TDC. In your case, as Shmoogle has said, this locked payment is a reversal of a previous sale from a merchant.

As an aside, 'Locked' doesn't seem to mean anything really. I believe there was a discussion recently on the different transaction statuses, and I think the concensus was that statuses don't mean anything.

If a sale is LOCKED, supposedly that means it can't then be reversed (taken away) by a merchant, but I've seen locked payments be reversed later on, as have many others. Although, after kicking up a big fuss with a certain merchant, I even saw a couple of locked reversals recredited to me

hi guys, thanks for the help. I should explain more precisely. Actually, the words in Red are the numbers under column Amount (USD) and Commission (USD) in the report. No minus sign but the numbers are enclosed by parenthesis. It can't be reversal because I bought one of the laptop myself used my own link (no cancellation) and it shows the same thing (If all these mean reversals, something must be wrong with CJ). If I click on one of the transaction numbers, it shows that the red numbers are the correction amount and correction commission. What's that mean? Thank you

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Actually, the words in Red are the numbers under column Amount (USD) and Commission (USD) in the report. No minus sign but the numbers are enclosed by parenthesis.

= Reversals

quote:
    It can't be reversal because I bought one of the laptop myself used my own link (no cancellation) and it shows the same thing (If all these mean reversals, something must be wrong with CJ).

Not wrong with CJ--Sure sounds like CompUSA has been dancing on the Reversal Button to me!!!

To find out more information on a transaction (including reversals), click on the transaction number. It's actually a link. A popup will appear with info on that transaction. Reversals will have an excuse included in the info.

Do let us know what bogus excuse they came up with for reversing your own purchase!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

hello leader. I believe CompUSA is doing some fraudulent business if what you told me if correct. I made some snapshots to prove this. We sold six $999.99 toshiba laptops during 12/20 and 12/21. As you can see, all six transactions are being reversed including my own purchase. Actually, I did order one and cancelled it the first time but I did re-order it, so it should be 5 sales. See Snapshot 1 below.

I also made a snapshot for the pop-up window after I click the transaction number (see snapshot 2 below).

No explanation of reverse sales and no commissions.

I just ran some detail CJ reports and surprisely I found out that 95% off my CompUSA sales have been reversed in the past. I didn't aware of this until recently and this brings up my attention. I know Compusa will not pay commissions if customer order online and pick up in store (this is a big ) and now they are lying on the commissions. It's understandable if the reverse rate is not so high, but for almost all transactions?? This is so fishy. I believe everyone here work very hard to promote sales for the advertisers and these kinda fraudulent activities are just not right. What we should do for something like this? It's almost $200 there.

I think their rule of thumb is that if the sale is over $500 it MUST be reversed

are u kidding me TJ?

Yeah, that looks crooked as h#ll!

And to add insult to injury, it's the old "reason: Other" non-excuse! It used to be a joke that "other" meant, "we don't wanna pay..." (note: There are occasional, rare instances when "other" is justified. But this probably isn't one of those instances!!)

I'm not sure how to go about making them pay. But I would complain about the transaction you *know* is valid: the one for the computer you bought. And if they won't fork over that commish, send it back and give THEM a reversal to chew on!

And, of course, drop program comes to mind. But first--complain to them for your commish for that laptop you got. If you drop first, they'd probably say some BS like "it's because you aren't an active partner..."

BTW if you don't want tons of ABWers looking at your site you may want to censor it out of the popup screenshot

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tj:
    I think their rule of thumb is that if the sale is over $500 it MUST be reversed

Unfortunately there are quite a few merchants who reverse most transactions over a certain sale price.

TDC, you need to contact both the Merchant, and CJ first thing Monday morning. Don't take no for an answer. If you can afford it, call them and speak to a human.

Fred

Fred's advice sounds logical.

quote:
    Originally posted by infoseeker:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tj:

Unfortunately there are quite a few merchants who reverse most transactions over a certain sale price.

I haven't been stuck with too many who do that, but there definitely have been some.

Unfortunately the lousy *(*%&$% reversal-maniacs don't put out a warning in advance!

Ah...it well reminds me of my beloved PCMall.

I had transaction that was made few monthes ago, in Nov, 12. It has extended status few months, and now marked as locked.

I found this in help:
    Transaction Status Changes
    The "Accepted" status will now allow advertisers to reverse or extend those transactions (prior to this release Accepted transactions could not be reversed or extended). Remember that an advertiser may only extend a transaction one time, for a period of 30 days. Transactions may not be reversed or extended when they are in the "Locked" status.
    But what really mean this status? As I understand merchant can't cancel it already, but I also will not get this commision...

Have anyone expirience about what to do in this situation? Cantact with merchant and ask him when they approve transaction?

Thanx

Sounds pretty fishy to me as well. Although I have heard, before, about all transactions being reversed through a glitch, then being un-reversed shortly thereafter..... maybe this will happen again.

Personally, I'd contact them about the reversals without telling them that one of the orders is your own... so that you can hear their "excuse" for reversing the orders first.

If they know that one is your own purchase, they may adjust their story. That is, of course, assuming that they are up to no good.

If this is an honest mistake, it shouldn't matter if one of the orders was yours.

At least this way, you'll know if this is a glitch or a cheat.

JMHO

Paul

Today I logged into CJ and found that balance equal to 0.
    And I'm found that CJ included locked commission into last check.

from CJ Help:

Locked: The Commission Junction system will lock all New and Accepted transactions as well as any transactions that have been in the Extended status for a period longer than 30 days on the 10th of the month following the month they were posted. Commissions for all Locked transactions is included in the payment following the month the transactions were posted (e.g., transactions locked in January are included in the February commission payment). Once a transaction is locked it may not be moved to another status.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread