I am a newbie merchant of two Share a Sale affiliate programs. Although I believe my programs are attractive albeit not the easiest products to sell, I'm not necessarily getting a good match with affiliate sites. Both programs have generous commissions, automated approval, and have quite a number of affiliates that have already joined.

Not that I expect a flurry of traffic immediately, but I was hoping for more than what I've gotten in the first month. Is it that affiliates don't post the links? What more incentive is necessary for them to do so?

Here are the descriptions of both programs:

http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=5319

http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=5194

For those experienced merchants, I would greatly appreciate any benchmark numbers, ideas, or general information on how to attract better matched affiliates and how to generate more traffic.

Cheers,

Kimberly Griffiths
    info@onepaycheckatatime.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Two fairly morbid life occurances to promote ...debt and death. Maybe you could take on a third niche' product and lighten up the load...

Sen. John F. Kerry flip-flops are the newest campaign novelty item on the Internet. The blue-and-white sandals feature a Kerry caricature and the tagline: "Kerry … the original flip-flop" across the soles.

The shoes, and matching T-shirts, are being marketed by business consultant Kurt Aeschlimann, 41, of Knoxville, Tenn., on http://www.kerryflips.com .

"A couple months ago I was just sitting at home and watching the news and just thinking, 'Kerry's flip-flopping on so many things — I just wish he would take a stand on something,' " said Aeschlimann, who described himself as a conservative. "Then you started hearing the phrase 'flip-flopping' in the news more, and quite frankly, it just hit my funny bone."

The month-old site, which attracted both customers and hate mail on the day it launched, gets more than 1,500 hits a day. And remember that children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. So I guess we adults need to lighten up!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Well I may have to buy a copy of that first book for my son. He has no debt except the car payment as he has no credit. He has no idea how to manage his paycheck though. Always behind on the bills. If I have time I will be putting up a link today.

quote:
    I was hoping for more than what I've gotten in the first month. Is it that affiliates don't post the links? What more incentive is necessary for them to do so?

You might try jump starting them by offering a bonus equal to your profit when affiliates reach $100 (or some number) in sales. In order to get the bonus, links and promotion have to be in place and working. Sales will continue once started, and both merchant and affiliates come out ahead.

Ray

Just because someone joins an SAS program does not mean they will ever actually use the merchant.

I have joined several because if you don't join, you can't contact the merchant to ask questions. You have to join, first. Sometimes, the merchant never answers. Sometimes, it isn't the answer I want. Sometimes, all is well and they get featured on my sites.

I think that is pretty much the same everywhere. When someone joins a merchant's program, it isn't a commitment to use that merchant immediately, if ever. It means they saw your program and are thinking about it.

If they have to wait for approval, your chances of getting on the site are greatly diminished. By the time you approve, even if it is only a few hours, the affiliate has already gone on to working for another merchant and may or may not get back to you.

If someone joins your program, think of it as a lead for a potential affiliate. You don't have an affiliate until the links go up.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I am so busy with so many different projects, it is often very hard for me to even know that there are new merchants on Shareasale.

If you want me to join your affiliate program, and then have a reason to post some links, then you have to do more than just join Shareasale.

This forum is a good place to get some good quality affiliates to join your program, so congratulations on coming here.

http and a telephoto
    quote:
    Not that I expect a flurry of traffic immediately, but I was hoping for more than what I've gotten in the first month. Is it that affiliates don't post the links? What more incentive is necessary for them to do so?

There are several good threads about this here at ABW, some quite recent, so start reading
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread