I am ready to male an official laucnh with Share A Sale. Everything is all set up, I just need to be activated by Brian. Guess he's out for the weekend.

Need your advice First. Which web page looks better for my home page?

www.masterwatchmaker.net
    or
    http://www.masterwatchmaker.net/custom.asp/Page_Id/51

Also, is it appropriate to offer the first affiliate one of our ARA diving watches for the first one to sell 10? Good Idea or Not?

I have been reading in this forum for a number of months and we are finally ready to tale the plunge.

Advice always appreciated!

Richard Lupu (Son of Master Watchmaker)
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Please excuse the spelling mistakes above. I was up all night preparing for our launch. Not Please let me know if I made mistakes on my site.
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

ABW Ambassador
    I like the first one better. I count 19 different items on the site and only 3 different watches. Are there any plans to bring in any more watches and how many of the 3 do you have in stock? Thanks

Thanks for your opinion.

The ARA diving watches are unlimited...We are already looking into another style of our diving watches for the fall.

The specialty watch bands we have up actually make much more than 19. If you read their descriptions like in the crocodile bands there are many colors, many sizes and many lengths. Keep in mind we are a specialty site and don't want to carry too many common bands. However, I will be adding more bands in the next week.

The other watches are vintage watches, and are unique collectibles. They are used collector items, but my dad works on them to make them look great and run perfect. We wont be able to supply more than one of each. We will be adding more vintage watches soon. Sometimes we offer big ticket items like the Omega Flightmaster that just sold this week. My dad is currently working on a Constantine Vacheron that should be ready in about three months. That one will go for about $5000. Tomorrow we are adding a gold watch that should retail for about $450.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Thanks for the reply Trust!

Richard Lupu (Son of Master Watchmaker)
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

ABW Ambassador
    I'll put some links once you get activated.

"Also, is it appropriate to offer the first affiliate one of our ARA diving watches for the first one to sell 10? Good Idea or Not?"

Good idea, i love watches

In my opinion, you need a more professional looking appearance. When fonts, colors, and graphics look poor or don't work together, people don't buy.

If you're interested, I know a pair of designers who produce custom templates at low cost. PM me and I'll send you their website URL.
    [SIZE=2]
    [B][URL=http://www.readydomains.com][color=blue]ReadyDomains.com[/color][/URL] - Premium domain names for sale. Your new domain is ready!
    [/B][/SIZE]

Hi Spike. Not sure what PM means. Does that mean email you? You are welcome to send me their URL. I'll have to consider it. Keep in mind though, the "master watchmaker" is an older European, and he may not be as easy to convince as me.

Thanks,
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Listening to Spike made me want to go back and edit my front page. I went back in and toned down the color contrast..

To be honest with you, we already have alot of sales because people know they are buying from a master watchmaker. There are not too many Master Watchmakers around and I think our clients appreciate that.

I think credibility goes far beyond a fancy page....since we are an already successful web site...

Nonetheless, I appreciate all of your feedback and do agree that the page can be better. I am still waiting for that URL Spike.

Here is the page I toned down, because Spike suggested to many color contrasts.I think it is better now. Please critique further as I listen to all reasonable comments!

http://www.masterwatchmaker.net/custom.asp/Page_Id/52
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

ABW Ambassador
    Everything on that site is out of alignment on my screen.

Thanks Samy T!

We are aware of that! We are working on implemantation of a new design as we speak!
    Just tightening up loose ends!
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Thanks Spike!

Changed the whole design! Thanks for the reference! We are now officially taking in affiliates!
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread