Hi
    im new to shareasale, this board and basically advertising lol
    (im usally just the one who makes the site and does the graphics.. anyway....)
    My site sells Very expensave items ($50-$25,000) at very VERY close to cost, because i was hoping to sell in quantity- i want to grow to be one of the biggest chandelier sites on the web, and any advice would be appreciated- about my affiliate program, site, items , promotion or anything!
    right now im tiny- 7 affiliates, 200 hits a day, and not a sale in ever...

oh also out of curiosity...
    my affiliate program gives 5% of each sale, so that some sales can make people like $1000 in one shot- do affiliates like this or would they rather sell in quantity like on a site that sells things for $1-10

www.lightingforyou.com
    (if you guys ever need anything from my site, email me ill knock off a few bucks)
    thank you SO much!!!
    i really appreciate ANYTHING you can tell me !!!
    -Ray

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Ray,

Welcome to ABW and to Shareasale.... i'll leave it up to the affiliates to give advice on what kind of commissions, bonuses, etc... that they like... but I did take a look around your site. If there was anything that I could comment on it was that the image quality for the products wasn't as good as I would hope for if I were spending that amount of money online. For some products, image quality means nothing... but I would guess for a lot of your products that being able to see the product in as much detail as possible would really increase conversions.

Then again, I don't really know ... it was just an observation.

Again - welcome.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

I agree about the image quality. Also if I am spending a large amount of money you need to put up better descriptions.

by image quality do you mean more images, close ups? or do the images just look bad?
    thanks by the way!!!

In addition to image quality, you should spend some time building out copy about the company too. Who are you, where are you, why should people do biz with you, etc. For pruducts like yours, return policy and shipping questions should be addressed too.

Welcome and good luck.

The pics are grainy. They should be sharp and clear so I say WOW. Did you scan them from a catalog?

ok ill work on return policy and shipping and company info tomorrow, as for pics, if thats all i can get is there any program to make them look better fast?
    im going nuts trying to get more products on (i currently have like 900) i have 900 more to get up, and its taking forever, i need to figure out how to make things better quality and do this faster

http and a telephoto
    You need original photographs to present a professional image and convince people to spend that kind of money. The scans you have aren't going to convert surfers to shoppers.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

To answer your original question, about your price range, for over 2 years we felt low price, but that left us peanuts for sales and commissions, then we decided to build a new site with a mix, of products and prices.Since many merchants have a sales level we all have to hit, we got little, 3 days after the site went on line, we had a $15,000 sale on engagement rings, and a big commisson.Since we use text, or small logos to speed up the
    pages opening up, the images are a little fuzzy, but when someone goes to one of the big stores, home depot for example, you see one thing, and when you open the boxes, you find it's not the same, then the long trip and line to try to either replace it, or get your money back.Some of your prices are in line with the so called deep discount stores.Most of them hire people untrained or too busy to assist the customers.Even with the economy slump there are still people that will buy the fixtures, and upgrade the appearance of their homes.They are saving in the long run. I still can't figure out who would buy an engagement ring for that price,a dear john, or whatever and the ring is gone, but I won't complain about the sale.It's easier to have large fixtures delivered rather than find one that fits the home improvement at a retail center, at least pepole can sit home or office and decide whay they want in comfort.That's my nickles worth.
    jj

Wow,play with the dpi on your images,the res. is too low. Changing the background to white will eliminate all those extra pixels around the menu graphics.
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

You should be able to get good scans even if you just have a catalog. Scan at high res and go from there. 900 products? I might never make up my mind! Go for quality over quantitiy. Looking around at similar merchants most have lousy images also.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread