The first 15 days of December were fantastic. Yesterday, I think, marked the beginning of the season's wind-down period with sales at about 50% of the first 15 day daily average.

I took a look at last year's statistics and found that 2/3 of my December sales came in the first 15 days of the month and just 1/3 of my sales came in the last 15 days of the month.

Has anyone noticed a similar trend?

ABW Ambassador
    Those numbers match what I'm seeing, too.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Yeap they are winding down with me.

Mike

If your traffic comes from Google, don't forget their major update that's been haappening the past couple of days. It might be that rather than holiday 'winding down'.
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

I've seen a slight decline since the 15th. Nothing near 50% though. Looks like 10-20% for me. Still well over November levels.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I've been down about 60% since the sales tracking went down yesterday (Thursday) evening. Once it started reporting again I got about 30% of normal sales. Prior to the shut down I had been on record pace for the day. Today is the same. 30% of normal sales on about 115% of normal clicks. The drop came out of no where as I don't really have Christmas season specific stuff. Google referals have been up in the last couple of days. It just seems real strange that this decline happens to start right at the same time as the reporting went haywire. Anyone else notice this?

ABW Ambassador
    Our traffic has stayed the same through yesterday, but sales slowed down, especially today.

15 years and counting
    I'm still full speed with CJ. I expect even more from last minutes shoppers who don't mind paying extra for shipping.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, things are slowing down a bit. Not 50%, but a noticable amount.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

My peak was Wednesday, and it's been downhill since. I'm still doing better than November, but not much.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

ABW Ambassador
    Have already started on the next holidays and the general stuff for the new year.

Yahoo also has had an update, and their shenanigans from last week also seem to have affected MSN rankings.

http and a telephoto
    My traffic appears to be the steadier sort, my sales are about even. I had a spike sales day last week and one this week, but no noticable big drop. I am hoping the shoppers are hanging out and shopping through the weekend, and then on the 26th come back to spend the money and gift cards the Aunts and Uncles gave them

As noted, I am also already gearing up for post holidays, have been for a few weeks.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I've had my peak, closing websites left and right. Gonna take the cash and run to an island, but I'll be back in September 05 to bring the old sites back up and running. You know this seasonal business is a breeze. Work 3 months and take off 9.

Affiliate marketing... The only way to go....

quote:
    Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    I've seen a slight decline since the 15th. Nothing near 50% though. Looks like 10-20% for me. Still well over November levels.
    And just when I thought it was winding down... Today looks like it's going to be the biggest day of the month for me--based on traffic into my site, traffic out to merchants, and commission reports from my real-time reporting merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

quote:
    quote:
    And just when I thought it was winding down... Today looks like it's going to be the biggest day of the month for me--based on traffic into my site, traffic out to merchants, and commission reports from my real-time reporting merchants.

I second that. Today was one of the biggest sale days.

..........customers are still buying. Last year they bought all through December. I'm hoping for a repeat.

Internet Cowboy
    Still strong here. EPC is way down, but traffic is WAY up. I think Yahoo decided I wasn't such a bad guy during their last update.

Internet Cowboy
    Still strong here. EPC is way down, but traffic is WAY up.

things slowed down over the weekend and monday but today is looking very strong. Not the strongest by any measure. But then, I had the biggest day of the year last Friday.

whoops spoke too soon. yesterday was a record.

Still going strong for me, too!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Mine seems to be winding down, but hey, just two more days and it is time for the big I didn't get what I wanted for Christmas, so I'm going to buy it for myself RUSH!

now its winding down.

the last few days was going down...but today is up and up.

I've had a good day too but its just because one site saved all their reports for monday.

if not for that one fluke the day would continue the slow sales after christmas.

so I expect the rest of the week to be slow.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread