A newbie question for all of you veterans.

I am currently entering information for my product database in the Share A Sale control panel for each product: Landing page, image url, description, category, etc.

It wont take me too long..

Is this the datafeed that all of you request from us merchants, because that is what I have been assuming all this time??. I guess I am confused with the terminology. You guys request a datafeed, but the control panel has the term Product Database Upload.

Please excuse my total ignorance. One more question....How do you guys (affiliates) plug this information into your site and is it easy for you to do?

Thanks...I think I am on the right track, butI thought I would embarrass myself in here first!

Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

most of us use a program link WebMerge for static pages or we have database driven websites...

either are easy once the learning curve is mastered...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

There is a brief tutorial concerning data feeds found here:

http://www.web-procreate.com/wm-what.htm

Here at ABW, there is a ton of info concerning data feeds, both in the datafeed forum, and in the WebMerge forum. Take some time to read up on it a little, before you start - and good luck!

Hi 2 cents,

So I am assuming it will be easy for my affiliates to use the product database I am making with share-A-Sale?

Thanks,
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

http and a telephoto
    Yes. We like datafeeds. Plus adding your products allows them to be in the ShareASale page making tool, something else we like
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Hi Deborah,
    I am assuming the normal procedure for allowing affiliates ftp access is to have them request it from you? Is that right? Getting my approval wont be very difficult.

I don't mind paying the $1 per affiliate if they want to use that method of advertisement.

Is it normal procedure to wait for their requests?
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

http and a telephoto
    FTP access just started. I think an email to your affiliates letting them know the feature is available is a good thing. Then they can request that you turn it on if they are interested. You might want to include information about the feed, product page creator and ftp access to the feeds in your welcome email. It would be nice if more merchants at SAS would do that.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks Deborah!

Way ahead of you. I sent a letter to my affiliates stating that approval wont be a problem. I also urged them to call me or email me if they have any problems.

To all future affiliates reading this....Same applies to you!

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

I find the new page maker the easiest way to download a load of ads in one shot, instead of scrolling down to find one at a time, and you can view the page, this means 1 click, and a name, and a whole store full of ads are there. Then using ftp to place them in each site. I also find that even thoug linkshare brags about being the first, they lost more mercants due to the high cost of merchants pay, so they have walmart, and target, hallmark,and a lot of big names that can afford the program. I read the article brian had in revenue magazine, and sas has it all over them, we dropped a lot, and are swithcing to sas, or independents.That's my nickles worth.Somday i will learn how to reply to posts the conventional way, but i still don't know what rate it means after a post.
    jj

There are some merchants with data base, when I tried to use them, they had more than I wanted, I prefer to selecy to products for my websites, a good mix of merchandise and prices, that' why we select some from the page maker,althoug in order to come up with keywords shopper's are searching for, we found the picking one product adds more to the google's and others, for examole, we have a furniture merchant, but only use table, which may not have 10 million others using the same name. This is why I am not crazy about walmart, target or the other big names, what can be unique about sale, or sales, it too common,
    we did a search on google using gifts, their were almost 26,000 variations like granny gifts, etc., that's if you can get past them, many products advertised in the media, like lingerie, may be blocked, or kid's, it ain't easy to develop, since the old pros have had shopper's locked on to them for years.URL's don't work.good web design don't matter if no one finds them.So, we are using more and more "unknown merchants, Left on main, for example, has a load of products, picking one name or title for some, increase our chances of "browses" when we do a shopping comparison, we notice shoppers will go to a store looking for a particular product, but, the smart merchant puts the specials in the rear, and tries to get extra sales with displays in the front, or at the check out.This usually works, and they make more on the impulse shoppers.
    That's my nickles worth, of course I am fairly new to online retailing, but offline, we used this and it works.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread