Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I haven't figured out how to easily see my reversals.

I would like to see my current monthly total as well as my balance.

I would like Yahoo store merchants required to provide a data feed with static images.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

combo affiliate/merchant weekly email newsletter - best practices tips, new feature highlight, etc

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Ssanf (thank you by the way for posting over here )

I like all three... will definitely work on them... and the Yahoo store merchants we already talk to now that we know about the issue... the first couple of Y Store merchants we didn't know about the dynamic image hosting that Y did...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    An auto-dialer to ring Frank Bee's home phone off the wall whenever a "processing" $0.00 sale reaches the 30 day threshold without being credited for the proper amount.

Brian, seriously, I am really wanting to use some of those Yahoo store merchants but simply must have the data feeds with static images.

I have a PR 5 site built and ready that I want so badly to change merchants and you have a merchant with the exact products I need but I can't use them because I can't get the feed and static images.

Please, help ASAP with this. It is killing me and the merchants who are being rejected by affiliates like me.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I would like to be able to have *last* month's sales/earnings reports able to be broken out from the pile too, instead of just the current month's.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    SSanf why not just host the images yourself? Time is money; why wait around for a merchant to get a clue if you already have one?

nah...that all takes time, too.

I have other merchants to work on while they get a clue.

But, I DO want them to get on with it. I don't think they realize that, when I see that they have a Yahoo store, I just go on to the next merchant because of the image problem.

If they are serious about wanting affiliates, they MUST put together a well categorized feed of all their products and the landing pages with static images. Otherwise, their program will not attract any but banner posters who couldn't sell Girl Scout cookies to their own grandmother.

SAS has a LOT of merchants with vast potential but many must be kind of new at this. I have educated a few about the problem but I can't do it for every merchant that I have an interest in. I have to write too many emails back and forth explaining the problem from the git go and wait around for them to address the problem before I can finally use them.

Then, they go on the "to do" list because when they finally have something I can use, I am working on something else and have made promises to other advertisers to get their links up.

That is why it is better handled by Brian who can sort of educate the whole class at once. Or, maybe he can put together some sort of guide for them to use that he gives to all yahoo store merchants in the program. And, he will make a lot more money by getting them in shape than I ever will. Money from me and every other affiliate who can finally use the programs.

ABW Ambassador
    Time is money

And less competition from others who are not willing to do it themselves.

Yes, time is money. That is why I don't fool with them unless I really have a great interest in the program. I can go on to merchants that are ready to do business, NOW.

I don't worry about the competition. That is wasteful of my energy. I just do my own thing. Let them worry about me. That works better.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I don't worry about the competition.

Me neither.

'specially in areas where there isn't any

Hello all - I find this discussion to be most interesting. I have been a Yahoo merchant for a few years but I'm brand new to the affiliate merchant game. I have always known that Yahoo stores generate non-static images but it never occurred to me that it would be a problem with an affiliate program. So, I don't really have anything meaningful to contribute to the discussion but I did want to let you know that I'm listening and learning as fast as I can!

Teri Fritts
    teri@dogdecor.com
    DogDecor.com Dog Breed Gifts
    http://www.dogdecor.com
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=5247

I agree with leader. SAS really, really needs to add the ability to run traffic reports for previous months. LS, BF and CJ all have this. It is a basic need that is not met by SAS. I can't believe that it was not a basic feature built in prior to network launch.

quote:
    I have a PR 5 site built and ready that I want so badly to change merchants and you have a merchant with the exact products I need but I can't use them because I can't get the feed and static images.

Ssanf,

If you need this urgently, let me know who the Merchant is so that I can work with them... I'll get on it.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Another vote for improved traffic reports please. Not sure if I'm missing something but the only clicks details seem to be for today (so far) or this month (so far), so unless you catch it right at the end of the 24 hour period (assuming they're "real-time"?) then it's difficult/impossible to get a whole day's clicks reported (yesterdays clicks for example).

I emailed you for the merchant feed if you can get it. I have 6 sites (some not too shabby) where the products can potentially be used.

Thanks, Brian.

Leader et all with the request for improved reporting... it is something that we are working on based on requests in the past as well as current. A lot of the time the data is there and we need to organize it better for you to view without jumping through too many hoops. Duly noted as they say.

Those who haven't checked in for a while should take a look though... we have been busy adding some merchants that have an excellent selection of products...

Responding to Trust from a previous thread ... we have sent a couple of recent newsletters and I am gathering that you haven't received them... let me know who you are in the SAS world (UserID or username, etc...) and I'll find out if they were sent to you...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Ssanf,

Just spoke with the merchant in question on the datafeed... they understood what we had to say, and seemed interested in the solution we offered for the problem... I'll check back in a few days to see if it is all implemented - but I do think that they will have a datafeed available shortly with the static images, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

quote:
    Originally posted by shareasale:
    Ssanf,

Just spoke with the merchant in question on the datafeed... they understood what we had to say, and seemed interested in the solution we offered for the problem... I'll check back in a few days to see if it is all implemented - but I do think that they will have a datafeed available shortly with the static images, etc...

Brian, I would love to hear about that solution as well... let me know...

Jeff,

I sent you a Private Message with the info...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Thanks, Brian.

I just finished the pages for the other merchant whose data feed we have been trying to get right. (You know who )

All I need to do for that one, now, is add some adjusted navigation and we will run it up the flag pole again.

Well - I realize this doesn't specifically address the reporting issues discussed in this thread ... we did launch this afternoon a new "Historical Trend Report" for affiliates to use.... take a look
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

just tried the Historical thing, but it only seems to show premiere merchants?

Brian I can write step by step instructions for setting up a data feed for yahoo stores if you would like me to.

It really is pretty simple and you only need to buy one tool that is around $50.00. You will also need to use a hosting account from a feeder domain WITH HIGH BANDWIDTH!!

I also think Don has a solution you may want to post a link to on the merchants home page.

quote:
    Originally posted by shareasale:
    Well - I realize this doesn't specifically address the reporting issues discussed in this thread ... we did launch this afternoon a new "Historical Trend Report" for affiliates to use.... take a look

Getting an error on the Historical Trend Report -

Invalid CFML construct ... [edited to remove page structure....]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast