Hi gang,

I'm brand spanking new to shareasale.com. Although I'm familiar with Affiliate marketing, I've got a lot to learn.

More specifically, I would like to know:

a) how to best promote my affiliate program (e.g., ways that have worked best for you)

b) how long it takes to start to see real results

Any help is appreciated.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Mark,

Welcome!

Have you read our "Media Kit" linked from your home page when you login? Might want to check it out there is a section on "How to Boost Your Program", etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thanks Brian!

I've downloaded the file to two computers and both tell me the file cannot be opened. One has ABR 5.0 and the other 6.0.

Could your file be corrupted?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    It is in Adobe Reader 6.0 i believe... perhaps I should go back and make it 5.0 compatible....

Ill send you a hard copy in the mail anyhow...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Mark-

Welcome to SAS and AWB. Word on the streets is it takes 90 days-ish for a new program to catch some traction. But, you know how word on the street is.

quote:
    Originally posted by :: nakedzombie:
    Mark-

Welcome to SAS and AWB. Word on the streets is it takes 90 days-ish for a new program to catch some traction. But, you know how word on the street is.

That sounds correct. Also it will probably take you that long to really learn what your affiliates want. The first ones that sign up with you will tell you what tools they NEED and what tools they would LIKE TO HAVE. Remember the first ones will probably turn out to be your best affiliates in the end. Treat them well and help them the best you can and you will be fine.

I just looked at your front page. If you can give us a feed that has your "stuff" broken down into categories JUST LIKE THAT, we can put all your stuff up in a day. If you can't, it will take forever to get your products on the site. It can be done with the SAS feeds. One merchant added the categories and sub-categories to the product names field like this.

Category > Sub-category > Sub-sub-category > product name

When I got the feed, all I had to do was convert the " > " to a column and I was set to go as far as sorting and building pages.

Otherwise, do a feed outside of SAS and let us know where it is.

With your kind of site, a good feed is absolutely essential.

When you have it ready, announce the fact in a new disucssion here so we don't miss it.

Brian, please pass this hint to all the merchants so we can have categorized feeds through SAS. Un-categorized feeds are often almost unusable.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I think it would have alot to do with the effort and resources put in to it. You could slave day and night and get it rolling in weeks if you wanted. If your the type to only put a few hours a week in, it could take a year or more.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread