Good Day!

I want to give my affiliates a little bit of a boost...to help increase some motivation. I know when I was an affiliate, I needed some good incentives.

Here is what I did, but I need you to explain to me if this will work!

I have been making sales on my site mainly from visitors coming from search engines...

I want to make it that every sale I make gets credited to affiliates... So I placed a banner on the top of my home page which links to a coupon page..With every page reload there is a different affiliate ID tagged (picked randomly from my affiliates) to the coupon page link.

This way whenever a sale is made, my affiliates get credit, unless they purchase a product without the discount, which is highly unlikely...

Here is the technical questions I need to know...

I have a 365 Share-a-sale cookie...So if someone comes to my page, through an affiliate site, would that cookie be overwritten with a different affiliate ID once they click on that banner? If so that would defeat the purpose and I will have to remove that banner. My assumption is that the first person who referred the customer will have that customer for 365 days no matter which affiliate ID they come through after........

On the other hand...If someone comes from a search engine, clicks on the coupon code and then buys a product....the affiliate should get credit.....

Please check my banner at the top of my page and tell me if this will work or defeat the purpose......

Thanks,
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Hey Richard,

If i understand you correctly, why don't you try this.

1. See if the user who lands on your website is through an Affiliate URL. If so, serve a normal banner, if not, server a baner with random Affiliate ID.

2. If user is not coming through an affilaite URL, check to see if there is a previous cookie. If so, server up normal banner, if not serve banner with random affiliate ID.

You can expand that and server up the banner with the Affiliate ID from the url or cookie if this make things easier.

Usually in the industry, the last Affiliate who brought in the user should get the commission.

Hope this helps and is in line with your program setup.

Thanks for your reply Ian!

It took me a few hour to just put that javascript code in. I like your suggestion. However, A little too technical for me! I will have to contact a programmer for that...

Thanks!
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Richard, PM on it's way.

Let me know if I can help.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't know about the tech stuff but as far as the random affiliates, i would only have affiliates that actually have put you up on their sites and sent some kind of traffic, affiliates actually trying to get you some sales. Some just sign up and never even put up a link, don't think they deserve anything, especially since the sales you are getting on your own anyway. Might be a good way to entice affiliates who signed up but haven't put up any links, that you will put them in the random mix when they do.

Hi Trust!
    I agree with you. Just to start, I will keep the banner going with all affiliates, but soon I will have to do away with the sleepers.

I think though it may be a neat way to get some of those sleepers motivated. I remember as an affiliate, that commission always motivated me.

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread