Our site is www.samburu.com and I'm just working through the set-up on Shareasale. I want to get the progam off to a good start so I'm asking for suggestions and comments to help us get things going. The set-up is a bit unusual on SAS in that I am trapped in a wizard whilst our programmer puts in the link code (I think he's gone to the beach ) so I can't find my way in to any r resources on the SAS site yet.
    We are thinking of providing tiered rates (10-20%)based on the number of sales made. Can this be done on SAS? And will it work for our new affiliates?
    Should we be selective in who we accept?
    We are very enthusiastic about this program and we'd like to know what kinds of support our affiliates will need / expect / want. Should we think about getting our own forum on ABW, for example?
    We will be providing a data feed and I've seen some discussions about providing categories for our products. How will other websites be using this feed?
    We are open to suggestions and they will be very much appreciated.

Big Yellow Guy

Welcome aboard. I've been a merchant with SAS for about 2 months now, FWIW.

Sliding scale can be nice motivation, but you'll need to manage it by hand. At least that's what we're doing.

RE: being selective about who you select. Within reason. It's hard to tell about a site at first glance. DO keep a close eye on charge card sales with a new affiliate program. I think some people look to target new programs to perpetrate fraud.

datafeed use: varies from site to site.

We spent a deal of time trying to build a "best of breed" affiliate program, and have 40+ good reasons (well, reasons) for affiliates to join ours: http://www.nakedzombie.com/contentpages/affiliate.html - feel free to borrow, tweak any ideas that appeal to you.

Have patience.

Good luck.

It would probably be easier to just set a % in between like 15% and offer bonus money for a certain number of sales reached.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hiya Mr. BYG! I was just approved for Samburu yesterday. Boy was I excited after looking over your site. Then I went to SAS to start building links and found you have no product links available. Bummed.

Any chance you could make product links available on SAS? Banners don't convert nearly as well as product links. (On my sites banners are almost pointless.)

Thanks, and welcome to ABW!

Hi Rhea

Thanks for letting me know about the product links. I have no way of knowing if they have been uploaded. I submitted our product links before the weekend. I thought that they were there (all 1300 plus of them). I'll check with SAS.
    Adrian

1300 product links?

Nope, just checked again and they're not available to us affiliates. I looked in the "Make A Page" feature and Samburu isn't listed.

Hi Rhea
    I've emailed SAS and re-sent the file to them. Hopefully, they will upload it soon. I can email you the file direct if you prefer. I have no idea what you see as an affiliate member of SAS and how flexible it is. You'll see that we've included an additional optional field with our headline categories (one of which is cats) . Did you get my welcome email yesterday? Let me know.
    Adrian

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Adrian,

We have not received your file...

for datafeeds, you will need to email the file to shareasale@shareasale.com and we will post it for you.... as soon as you send it to us, it normally takes about 24 hours to be uploaded...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Both sites are great. Nice look on Safari.
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

Criminy! Another one to add to the "To Do" list! You know how Pagans love animals, companion animals, spirit companions, familiars and so forth. I wish there was more lion stuff. Anything relating to totem animlas should do well. Anything for the environmentalists, too.

Add bears and snakes!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Dear SSanf
    Thanks for your comments. We'll be sure to get more Lion stuff plus Bears and Snakes.
    Adrian

Hi Brian
    The feed file was sent to that address on 12th & 16th June. I'll send it again as a zip this time. Will you let me know if it doesn't arrive (or does). Thanks

Hi,
    i just checked out your site, first there are a lot of petcare mearchants,most for medical pet supplies, some have a few gifts, but, I know some people spend more for their petsthen they do on themselves.Animal funreal services, etc.So. I believe your products may be very popular, I have a sister, that travels over 130 miles, from North Jersey, to Pa. to sell "doogy gifts", rain or shine, she has 2 small dogs, man's best friend.That's only my dimes worth.
    jj

Product links are locked and loaded and looking good!

Any chance of getting more products for poodles? They're one of the most popular breeds.

I'm working on a big project, but as soon as I finish it, Samburu is next on my to-do list.

Thanks Mr. BYG!

http and a telephoto
    Boy am I glad new posts is working again, I totally missed this! Off to Shareasale to join program and request the feed via ftp!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Hi, I am an affiliate, and I would like to set up my data page. I have it downloaded with my codes inserted. Now what do I do

Ruth

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread