For the last two days I have been trying to set up as a new merchant at Shareasale, but I have run into a snag, and nobody there has seen fit to respond to me for two days.

The problem occured during "Step 5 - Test the System" -- I have placed the tracking code into my site, and I would like to go on to the next step, but every time I try to "Click this link to test" I get the following error msg:

""The link is not currently active.

There are a number of reasons that you may have received this message. The most common is that the merchant who was advertising is temporarily not-actively promoting that program. If, however, you feel you have reached this page in error, please let us know. Shareasale.com does not tolerate or send any SPAM mail to anyone. If you feel you have been targeted by a SPAM message, we would appreciate if you could forward the message to us at abuse at shareasale.com.

Shareasale.com manages the relationships between advertisers and affiliates, which is why you were directed to our site. Since the link that you clicked is not currently active, you were not redirected to the site.

If you are a new affiliate, your links will not be active until Shareasale.com gets a chance to review your account - you will receive an email when your account is approved and links are activated. This process generally takes around 24 business hours.""

After first getting this error msg., I have sent two e-mails, and left three phone msgs., but with no response.

At this point I wonder if anybody is actually there at Shareasale manning the phones or answering the e-mails -- or worse, they just don't want to respond to me.

If anybody has any ideas on what I can do at this point I would sincerely appreciate it.

Best regards,
    Jason Plummer
    www.carsclassicads.com

Jason:

I believe Brian has been out of the office for a few days.

Yes I believe ShareASale is at the Affiliate Summit Conference.
    Lizabeth Sorensen
    Affiliate Program Consultant
    lizATemerchantconsultingDOTCOM
    www.emerchantconsulting.com
    518-233-7431 EST.

This might be totally irrelevant to your situation, but ... I've seen that same message when I typo-ed my userid into a custom link. You might want to double check your test link ... especially the "u=" and the "m=" parts. I don't know what "test" parameter they give you for the "u=", but you might want to check that.

HD

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Jason,

Brian is definitely at the AffiliateSummit Meeting (currently somewhere in the ocean heading towards Nova Scotia). I saw him in NYC Wednesday. He probably has limited access to be checking phone and emails right now.

Do check your test link as HD suggested until SAS is able to respond.

ABW Ambassador
    Just use shareasales ID when you do a test transaction, it's 178. You can void it later.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Yes, I am away... this message comes to you from the middle o' the sea.

Contact Michael at shareasale@shareasale.com and he can help you with the setup. You can also call our office at 312-595-9846
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thank you for all of the replys I did in fact get a call from Brian today, and he was very helpful. Had I known about the the poor guy being away I would have not posted this.... Sorry about the fuss...

Regards,
    Jason Plummer
    www.CARSclassicads.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread