Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi everyone i just heard of this shareasle network. and i was just wondering if it is any good. Do they keep on top off paymenst unlike soem other affilaites (CJ). And do any of u recommand sharesale?

Shareasale is the best of the networks.

Pays on time. There are some good converting merchants and some who can't convert at all.

But every day they are getting new ones.

Excelent, honest network. Checks come like clockwork.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    As the Frankenstein monster would say if he was here "Shareasale good"

Mike

Great Support at SAS which is very important in my opinion
    Lizabeth Sorensen
    Affiliate Program Consultant
    lizATemerchantconsultingDOTCOM
    www.emerchantconsulting.com
    518-233-7431 EST.

THEY ROCK! - A 100% endorsement from me! (FWIW)
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

how does it compare to ummm let says cj.

now that you're mentioning another network, what do you wish to compare?

commison junction or Linkshare

Share A Sale is growing all of the time...Because of it's reasonable prices for start-up merchants, you just may see small unique niche companies like mine blossom along with your commissions...People are getting to know us more and more each day......One advantage of dealing with companies that start at Share-A-Sale is that we are willing to work with affiliates with direct communication. No Parasites, and payment is on time! A great place to be!

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

SAS is smaller. Has fewer but probably more active affiliates. All the "GOOD" affiliates know about them. The Mom and Pops may not. Better support than anywhere else. SAS is honest. No parasites. SAS is a whole lot cheaper.

I have never heard one bad word against them except that not all their merchants convert for every site so you need to pick, test and choose your merchants with care.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I have no complaints about SAS.

One of the things I especially like about them is that the merchants are smaller or newer companies that carry products you won't find at big box stores. By working with those merchants you have an opportunity to present products to your visitors that they haven't seen a hundred other places.

Cool thanks alot guys and gals

I would want to know your opinion from a merchants perspective also. Suppose i sell an item which has high value, then is it necessary that he has to join a larger network like CJ. I am slightly confused, is the value of the product directly proportional to the size of the network. Also, i would want to know one what points CJ scores more than SAS and vice versa. Thanks a lot for your valuable responses in advance!

Thanks for your input Sherley. well in my opinion. I find that cj has very well know merchants. like ebay,expedia and so on. and more people reconize these names. and r more likiey to buy from them. Alot of there programs r very good and payout very nicely.

And yes the first couple of checks u get can be a bit troubling. but after u get a couple they should come like clock work

quote:
    I am slightly confused, is the value of the product directly proportional to the size of the network.

Sherly,
    I am a small merchant, but sell Swiss Mechanical watches which can be worth quite a bit....If an affiliate sells any of our higher priced items, they get commission on that...Commission rates vary from merchant to merchant....Some merchants only sell items that cost $1000. In a few months I will be putting up a vintage item worth $5000.....Value of product has nothing to do with the affiliate network you would be joining! Quality of the product has to do with the specific merchant as well.

I am new to the affiliate world and have joined Share-A-Sale because of low start-up costs and the fact that I deal directly with people that run the company. Also they have no parasites (which is hated among affiliates). As I mentioned before, I am a small company but fully intend to grow with Share-A-Sale!

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

I think ShareASale is a great network given their large variety of merchants of which many are relatively unkown. I like to try out merchants that don't have a legion of affiliates trying to sell the same thing. They offer payment on cumulative commissions so it is easier to meet the minimum payment level each month - which is a good reason why to take a chance of a little known merchant. Also, their make-a-page ROCKS -- I like it just as well as PSC. Affiliates and merchants alike cannot go wrong with SAS.

anolian: when you do build a web site you will find you can trust shareasale more for honest dealing and also their merchants are not in bed with the parasites.

How do you get a decent transaction report out of SAS, or find out how much commission you earned yesterday, or last week, or between the 7th and 10th?

Anyone answer that one for me?

You can select the dates you want a report for and download the stats. It opens in Excel or whatever spreadsheet program you use. You can sort for the information you want from there.

ABW Ambassador
    Share a Sale has a large number of useless merchants. SAS does not do a good job pushing the EPC infront of you like CJ.

To find the EPC, you need to click on the Box in the "Click to Compare" column, then press the "compare merchant" button. The program will show the 60, 30 and 7 day EPC. If the numbers are all zero and it is not a brand new merchant, the chances of ever getting money from joining the program is next to nil.

NOTE, I admit, I didn't figure this out when I first joined SAS. I was extremely frustrated when I realized that well over half of the programs I joined were solid losers.

Being a good network does not mean that the merhants are necessarily good. For that matter, I am quite leary of the SAS merchants...especially those in the financial section. Of course, I prefer to promote small companies than large companies.

quote:
    Originally posted by SSanf:
    You can select the dates you want a report for and download the stats. It opens in Excel or whatever spreadsheet program you use. You can sort for the information you want from there.

If you were a member of CJ for 2 years, and had many sales,without any payments, and contacted the merchants,then CJ, you would get gobbly gook,I learned from this forum about parasites, and they have too many deactivated merchants, with 6 website, it took longer deleting the ads, than placing them.Even Linkshare, with the new login is harder if your vision is poor, they have all the big name merchants, as does performics, but they must have thousands more affiliates, and you are competing against, since they advertise on tv, and other media,SAS has better merchants, with better products and services, and the forum, when many merchants can't afford LS, they either drop out, or move as some did to Gateway Be free, take it from an oldtimer, SAS is numero uno here, the Forum members helped me a lot,and that's my nickels worth.
    JJ

From a merchants point of view.

We like SAS better than the rest because they seem to have so many good affiliates. If you join a bigger network like CJ you will have a lot of trash affiliates that do nothing but waste your time with questions and never produce a sale. We still get this on SAS but not even close to the level it could be at.

Also networks like CJ have problems with software affiliates stuffing cookies. When that happens they get credit for the sale no matter how the person found you. This will cost you more to operate and cost your affiliates in lost revenue. (I still wonder why the bigger merchants have not made moves to stop this.)

When I send a new datafeed in they have always up-dated it the same day or the next morning. (The feed for the new items on my site now has not been sent in.. I know people are asking.)

Brian makes getting set up as easy as he can.

For my business SAS is a solid winner and will always be a big part of my business.

quote:
    Originally posted by Sherley:
    I would want to know your opinion from a merchants perspective also. Suppose i sell an item which has high value, then is it necessary that he has to join a larger network like CJ. I am slightly confused, is the value of the product directly proportional to the size of the network. Also, i would want to know one what points CJ scores more than SAS and vice versa. Thanks a lot for your valuable responses in advance!

I'm not a merchant but I'll try to answer your questions about SAS vs bigger networks from an affiliate standpoint.

The value of your product has NOTHING to do with the size of the network. What you want are affiliates who WILL promote and sell your items. You can get these affiliates anywhere, in any network.

- SAS -
    - NO PARASITES
    - consolidated commissions from all merchants
    - Pays on time every month
    - more responsive: both the network and merchants
    - "make a page" option
    - the products section of a merchant is a lot easier to work with; you can choose one or more and make an entire website in no time with various merchants
    - free datafeeds
    - lets affiliates know when a merchant is low on funds
    - real time stats
    - links are not blocked by Norton (I think this is right, but banners are?) and cookies not targeted by spyware removal programs

- CJ -
    - full, totally consumed with parasites
    - many merchants don't answer emails
    - CJ chooses when they want to reply and when they don't, affiliates don't matter to them, they have their big parasite earners
    - consolidated payment
    - products option is a nightmare to work with for any merchant with more than 1000 products
    - good stats and options
    - big merchant names but most are parasitic
    - tons and tons of affiliates but how many are actually selling anything?
    - CJ charges affiliates for stop payments for lost cheques (is this even legal??)
    - MANY tracking issues or so it seems but "everything is normal" - they have the most complaints about this
    - datafeeds are not free unless you produce $10,000 per month in sales (I hope this is right)
    - extends merchants who don't pay without letting anyone know and reverses sales when a merchant is out of funds. If merchant doesn't pay, oh well, affiliates lose their money.
    - stats very slow to update
    - links and banners blocked by Norton, and cookies considered spyware by all spyware removal programs

SAS is BY FAR the best network any merchant who is parasite free should choose to work with. It will cost you much less to set up your affiliate program and run it, and you'll most likely get better affiliates to promote your products.

I probably forgot tons of reasons to choose SAS, but the fact that they are parasite free and responsive to merchants and affiliates is enough for me to pick them over any other network.

Catwoman

I've got 41 top level domains, actually 48 but 6 are operated by my step daughter and 1 by a buddy of mine, and thats too many for me to stay on top of anymore trying to figure ways around all the ad blockers, setting up link redirects, banner updating, parasites etc so I'm phasing out 30 or so of them now.

I hope to end up with no more than 10 or 12 at the most. One will have all kinds of trashy merchants on it, not to promote really but more to expose and just because I don't want to miss out on any class action parasite suits. One structured more like a directory mainly to help me keep my merchants organized, all text. A few are "cause" sites, forums, not really for profit so much but do have a few banners on them and all profits are welcome.

Two or three sites are category specific and fed by datafeeds (mostly share a sale feeds).

I'm just now starting what I hope will be my pride and joy, my main focus, the star of the fleet and it is set aside for only the best and cleanest merchants, the cream of the crop and this site will get most all the work, effort, promotion and guess where 90% of the merchants on that site will be coming from, Share A Sale! Unless I already have a good relationship with and a past history of good conversions and profits, Shareasale merchants and a few others will be about the only ones that even get a shot with that site.

Thats my vote!
    Mash Your Motor!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast