Internet Cowboy
    My SAS links have done OK, but this morning I got up and during my normal look at everything I discovered literally several thousand click-throughs on my report for today and more coming in every time I refresh the page.
    It is only 8 a.m. EST and akready several thousand clicks on several merchants.
    This is wonderful if it is real, but I wonder if there might be a problem somewhere and I wonder if anyone else is seeing this today?

I didn't look yet for today, but last week, msn was busy clicking away on people's links. Rather skewed the reports a bit. Could be they spidered your site.

ABW Ambassador
    That happened with my Amazon links on the 7th - bet it's the same here too.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Oh, so that's what that was.

The interesting thing is that SAS reported X number of clickthroughs for a particular merchant, but the merchant only reported about 1/6 that many. I guess the bot doesn't hang around long enough on the merchant's site to register a click on their tracker.

Internet Cowboy
    It must have been a bot, no sales registered from these clicks.
    Damn cheapskate bot!!

On a similar note:
    Anyone who has GeoCities small business hosting...
    I have been experiencing some really strange key word entries that have been sent to my intimate apparel site. I had customarily experienced about half my clicks to have come from the term "intimate apparel" which I am #1 on Yahoo. Now I'm seeing really strange keywords and only about 5% from intimate apparel". I'd love to see the "IA" key word as a lower percentage, of course, but am really confused. Anyone out there have any thoughts?
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

quote:
    Originally posted by Moonbeam:
    On a similar note:
    Anyone who has GeoCities small business hosting...
    I have been experiencing some really strange key word entries that have been sent to my intimate apparel site. I had customarily experienced about half my clicks to have come from the term "intimate apparel" which I am #1 on Yahoo. Now I'm seeing really strange keywords and only about 5% from intimate apparel". I'd love to see the "IA" key word as a lower percentage, of course, but am really confused. Anyone out there have any thoughts?
    Every day, I see more and more clicks,on LS,SAS,Performics,and some independent merchants, but, to date only $295 earnings, I think it's the season, even though the mix is for shopping all year, google gives a high rating , and ask jeeves also,maybe most people go on vacation, but we target the type of person most likely to shop on line all year, seniors,teens, 2 parents working,those without transportation, and a quick look through local shopping centers and malls, they are almost empty, so the economy and job slump plays into it,I feel after the elections are over, all the "promises" will show a boost in sales, at least I hope so, I can use a little shot in the arm.Overseas products from Ireland,Arabian,Russian, etc are doing better than those from this country,maybe they have more cash, my nickels worth, only good for 3 cents.I also think those affiliates that built sites for years, may have better success, since " a happy" shopper usually returns to the same site, or store, online or off.
    JJ

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread