Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hey Shareasale Forum!

First, I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Jeff Ferguson and I am owner of The Gag, a new SAS merchant.

I also wanted to ask your opinion on incentive contests... I've noticed a few merchants using them and I wanted to know if they really made a difference to you in how you promote or interact with an affiliate program.

Also, if you're for it... let me know what you think is a great prize for the contest... stuff from my store (pranks, gag gifts, magic tricks) or cash!

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Welcome Jeff!

Contests are great and work well. I think most affiliates would welcome cash anyday!
    Lizabeth Sorensen
    Affiliate Program Consultant
    lizATemerchantconsultingDOTCOM
    www.emerchantconsulting.com
    518-233-7431 EST.

Yep. Cash money on the barrelhead seems to work better for recruiting affiliates over Whooppee Cushions.

You should do well with a contest..

Although the last contest we ran not one of our affiliates entered it. Any of them could have had $500.00 for making 10 UGLY banners because no one else entered.

Our next contest will be sales driven. I think they like that kind better.

ALSO..
    Glad to see you posting in another forum and welcome to SAS.

http and a telephoto
    I like "rewards for first sales" incentives. And bonuses that match earnings at a certain level, like when I make my first $50 in commish I get a $50 bonus too, or some bonus amount

(Mark, I got some of your banners up and people are clicking not a lot but they are starting)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

quote:
    Cash money on the barrelhead seems to work better for recruiting affiliates over Whooppee Cushions.

Hehe.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

quote:
    Originally posted by :: nakedzombie:
    Yep. Cash money on the barrelhead seems to work better for recruiting affiliates over Whooppee Cushions.

C'mon... everybody loves a whoopee cushion! But they don't spend as well in your better establishments... so point taken.

Jeff-

A couple things you might want to try, for affilliates that use them is exclusive coupons. Also, if you can come up with a contest for affiliates that is fun for their visitors AND designed to drive sales, most excellent. Welcome to SAS and AWB, you should do well.

Deborah, great glad to hear it. Once the traffic builds, I'm sure the conversions will start ;-) Been busy but "the package" should be going out after the holiday, which I hope you enjoy.

http and a telephoto
    LOL, I forgot about that Mark! The convention in St Louis where my son and I will be next week would have been the perfect place to wear your stuff, it is a game convention for play.net.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Jeff,

I just signed up for your program. I was very disappointed to find that you have no product links up yet. Do you plan to do that soon?

We actually do have a few links set up, as well as a basic banner. However, we are currently working on the datafeed service available through SAS... once we have worked out the image issues you'll have access to our entire store!

Thanks, Jeff. Please hurry, you have lots of stuff I can sell!

Cash, rubber chickens...I'm flexible.

Jeff-

How about this for a fun promo for affiliates. Not sure if you have the ability to do coupons? Every order over $XX (figure your margins here) gets a free Whoopee Cushion Key Chain http://www.thegag.com/dc-0136.html

I would think that would be a fun promotion for affiliates and help increase their (and your) conversion rate.

...gack, having a flashback to a George Carlin bit about fake vomit.

Good luck.

That may be fun... so basically you're saying this is something I would do just for my affiliate site as a way to get them more sales, correct?

quote:
    Originally posted by Rhea:
    Thanks, Jeff. Please hurry, you have lots of stuff I can sell!

Cash, rubber chickens...I'm flexible.

I submitted the new datafeed last night and should hear back from the fine SAS people sometime soon... I'll make sure to approve you now for using the feed.

Your site looks like a great match - thanks for signing up!

Jeff-

Exactly. Create a coupon called: WHOOPEECUSHION exclusively for AWB members. For every order over $XX the buyer gets the free mini device, you get a higher conversion, and the affiliate gets a good marketing promo.

Seeing as how I've kinda derailed this post anyway, I just wanted to mention one of the reasons I'm so interested in The Gag.

I've signed up with a few other prank/gag indies but haven't really worked them because they have, ummm, "distasteful" products which don't really fit the PG image of my sites. Jeff, I hope you'll keep your program clean as I imagine it will give you an advantage with affiliates with sites like mine. (Also, I really like SAS. Good choice!)

Looking forward to making pages for ya, Jeff! BTW, I'd rather have nose glasses or a rubber chicken than a whoopee cushion, but it's your call.

Thanks, Rhea! Yeah, we try and keep it on the PG level so we appeal to the widest audience possible... especially since we also sell magic tricks, which attracks kids like crazy. We tested a few racy items once and they got no play whatsoever and a few complaints from our regulars, so we'll stay at where we are now!

FYI - The datafeed has been uploaded and approved by SAS, and I have already approved your use of it, so let me know how it all works out or if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Jeff, I'm working on making product links for you using the SAS "Make A Page" feature. I'm practically swooning. Were you reading my mind when you built your store?

I'm glad you like it! I think that sites like yours are a perfect fit for the program!

Enjoy!

Oh Jeff!

I just uploaded some pages with your products on them.

Know what would make me really, really happy? A banner promoting food pranks and gags! I could give you some serious real estate with that.

Also a fart products banner would be nifty.

Sure! Banners are actually on my to do list... what sizes would work for you?

Ooh! Thanks!

Since the standard size banners are being blocked by numerous ad blockers, could you make them a bit off-sized?

For example, substitute 468x60 with 467x59, or 250x250 with 249x249. Also a skyscraper would be nice, 119x599 and/or 159x599.

Also I noticed on one of your banner ads that I'm using that the areas where you rounded the corners aren't transparent, so they look kind of funny on my background, which isn't white.

Oh yeah, and more folks will use your banners if you remove the branding from them. Visitors have been known to take a URL off a banner and type it in directly.

Muchos!

I think any product like yours would be a big change in what others offer, most people enjoy a gag, or novelty, we did when
    I worked in the real world, breaks up the monotony of a long week at the firm, especially on fridays.What ever you offer would do the same, it would add another product, that's new online,easy search engines.I am all for it,a lot of people would want the cash, but thee are a lot of bonus related programs.I'm going to take the leap.
    That's my nickles worth
    jj

Hey Gang:

I just wanted to give you a quick update that new banners are on their way. I had them on my schedule to do myself, but ran out of time, so I have a guy working on them this week and should have them in a few days.

There will be six sizes, 3 of which will have branded and unbranded options. The remaining sizes are all about branding (88x31, etc.) anyway, so I didn't bother.'

These will be a general "gag" theme the first time out, but others will come later.

I'll post again when they are up and available.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast