What is that they (maybe it was Mike and Charlie) call people who sleep with diseased entities thats got cooties?

Heres an article on some of that short term ectasy stuff complete with slicky, slim and the reasons why:

http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/180-affiliates/

Must read for all affiliates and merchants alike! I vote for it being best article of the year, links to ABW a lot too!
    Mash Your Motor!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Since our network was not specifically mentioned in the article... for the sake of being really clear:

We (Shareasale.com and Fineclicks.com) do not, work with 180 Solutions or any of their "partner sites", "aliases", etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Brian, let me apologize for failing to include, in the version of my article that I posted this morning, a mention of Shareasale.com's work here. The fact you report -- that Shareasale receives no traffic from 180 and its partners -- is absolutely borne out in my testing.

I've just added this important fact to the article. See http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/180-affiliates/#sas .

Ben

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    No worries Ben - I just wanted to clarify it here since the post was in the Shareasale forum, and not everyone is familiar with our stance on Adware, etc...

Thanks for the included fact on the new one though. The issue addressed in January was a dangerous one because affiliates were being approached by 180 Solutions to advertise within the software... thus circumventing the fact that we had decided not to work with 180 Solutions months earlier.

As I mentioned in the post highlighted in your article, the people on the other end of the phone were very nice and understanding of our policies and concerns... unfortunately, as is likely to happen in a larger organization, not all of their representatives have been as helpful.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Very well written!!!

quote:
    Originally posted by shareasale:
    No worries Ben - I just wanted to clarify it here since the post was in the Shareasale forum, and not everyone is familiar with our stance on Adware, etc...

Thanks for the included fact on the new one though. The issue addressed in January was a dangerous one because affiliates were being approached by 180 Solutions to advertise within the software... thus circumventing the fact that we had decided not to work with 180 Solutions months earlier.

As I mentioned in the post highlighted in your article, the people on the other end of the phone were very nice and understanding of our policies and concerns... unfortunately, as is likely to happen in a larger organization, not all of their representatives have been as helpful.
    Question,what is SAS's stance on ad aware, it was recommended tome to use to quarantine parasites, I don't have anyother protection, I can't use firewalls because that interfers with my ftp, and some ads?
    JJ

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread