(EDITED - since Shareasale deserves it )

p.s. I did NOT say Shareasale were scammers.

ABW Ambassador
    Brian and his group are NOT scammers!

and btw Welcome to ABW

I know that. I've only read good reviews about them. I hope my situation gets resolved.

No Brian is not a scammer, you just have to be patient and sometimes this business can be overwhelmed of work and people are busy!

Goodluck!

By the way Welcome to our community.

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Thanks. I'm sure they are very busy. Maybe that's the problem.

Affiliate Manager
    I'm not sure what happened. But, I can vouch that they did respond to us within 24 hours.

When we had a little problem setting up the sales tracking codes, they were immediate right on it.

24 hours - its been 36
    it kind of gets ridiculous after a certain time - an extra 12 hours +?
    Shareasale is not very good - interesting title when again, it's only been a little over 12 hours + past the time you expected a response.

I would have waited at least 48 hours before posting about this, or at the least two full business days.
    I wouldn't have titled the thread "shareasale is not very good" without looking in to the reasons why you had not been contacted yet (and certainly not in that time frame)
    lastly I wouldn't have started implying the network is a scam when (again) it's only been 36+ hours.

I'm not posting this to defend Shareasale (I don't do enough business with them to defend them lol), cause really, for this post I don't think they need a defence. 36 + hours, factor in office hours, when you signed up (midnight for example means nothing will be heard from for 7, 8, or nine hours depending on their business hours), and other factors.

It looks like you are eager. well, I would be to. But be reasonable.
    Anyway, I hope you don't take this personally or anything, but reign it in cowboy at least until the end of business today.
    Lastly, welcome to ABW
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

If you got a marketable product with a decent looking site and you are good to affiliates you can do well on Share-A-Sale.

Sometimes the slow response from Share-A-Sale is due to their greater effort they put forward in resolving issues...I have been frustrated at times too, but they are more personable than the larger networks, and they have ethical business practices.
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

I guess once you run into too many scam artists using the internet, you get wary of doing business again through it. I posted "Shareasale is not very good" because hey, it's not the most responsive customer department around. BUT, I'm sure they're very good based on your opinions. It's just that I haven't received the same treatment.

Popdawg, for most of us merchants, time is crucial. 12+ hours is a lot. Ask any business owner. I'm sure you know if you are one. It's wasted time, money, and customers. But again, I don't have any ill-will against Shareasale. I do think it's a good program, and in business, some things can never work perfectly.

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't been doing affiliate marketing for too long, but from an affiliate's point of view... I really like shareasale. It's grown nicely since I joined, and they sent me my first check. If they keep on the more ethical route that they seem to be on as opposed to other networks and keep expanding I'd love to see them become huge.

Good job for signing up with them. The more merchants that move to them, the less we have to use the other networks.

Just my opinion.
    I forgot what I was doing.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    sj83,

I can vouch for shareasale being very good and not a scam.

I setup a merchant recently and had no problems with shareasale, the setup or response.

Try calling if no response after 48hrs:

Phone: (312) 595-9846

Thanks for your response, Jorge. I really appreciate it. I'm sure they're working hard, and are trying their very best.

Oh, my Gawdess! Someone panned SAS! What are you thinking! They are the best! They have everything including a good reputation.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

quote:
    Popdawg, for most of us merchants, time is crucial. 12+ hours is a lot. Ask any business owner. I'm sure you know if you are one. It's wasted time, money, and customers. But again, I don't have any ill-will against Shareasale. I do think it's a good program, and in business, some things can never work perfectly.

This is true in any venture. But also, planning is key. If you are setting up something and don't plan accordingly, for mistakes, supply issues, etc and so forth then you are setting yourself up to fail.
    If it's so critical that you had to have your shareasale account setup 12 ... 16 hours whatever it is now ...ago, then why didn't you apply to get it set up a day or three before? maybe it's just me, I expect things to happen so that after I can come here and post a funny (to everyone else ) story about it.
    Regardless, I am confident it will work itself out, and you can come and tell us how great everything is, or we will all join you on the lynch Brian bandwagon
    Ok i'm going to leave this alone before it looks like i am trying to pick on you, which I am most definately not.
    Oh, one last thing and possibly the most important, whatcha sellin'?

all the best ... PD
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Hello again Popdawg. We're in the web development business. You're right about planning, and we did (which we're doing right now). We also thought because we would receive notice within 24 hours, we spent a significant portion of our time yesterday gathering resources for our affiliates. However, we're out of the loop with what's going on, so there's a lot of confusion. I've sent shareasale@shareasale.com another email a while ago, but like the other times, haven't received a response yet. I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and apply for a different affiliate program (like cj), since we're not totally sure what's going on right now, out of $200, and lost so much time. It's around 3:15 on the Pacific Coast where we are, and it's just about time to settle for the weekend. Too bad. I'm really disappointed, but we'll find a way somehow to work through this obstacle.

quote:
    Originally posted by sj83:
    Thanks. I'm sure they are very busy. Maybe that's the problem.

Hey sj83,

Like Rodney Dangerfield use to say I Don't Get No Respect around here.

You just join today and you allready want an answer, please look I my question from:

August 03

, and then complain about it.

Mr. Sal, with all due respect, your situation is totally different.

ABW Ambassador
    Shareasale is good.

Only problem I suspect they have is that they seem understaffed.

Hey Brian, hire more people to help you ok?

With all the parasite infested networks around, clean networks like yours are going to be very much in demand.

Sharasale is ok,they need to work on posting sales then a week or so later reverse them.I would think you would want to wait till the sale is finale,especially larger ones before posting it to your account...

ABW Ambassador
    >Sharasale is ok,they need to work on posting sales then a week or so later reverse them.

I don't see this as an SAS problem.

It is the merchant or AM that may be asleep at the wheel.

>Sharasale is ok,they need to work on posting sales then a week or so later reverse them.

Sometimes it may take a few days to find out a order is fraud. We had one check on a German Diners Club Card take 6 business days. Turned out the order was good but had it been fraud we would had to reverse it 8 days after it posted.

There are also problems with shipping a order and finding out a month later it was fraud. That is a double black eye because we also have to eat the product cost.

The only thing SAS could do is not tell you about the sales for a month but that would be bad because you would not know how you where doing with them until a month after the fact.

ABW Ambassador
    Right DimOut

And then there is the Email to the customer asking why the addresses don't match or asking them to complete their paypal transaction.

All sales don't pass or fail in real time but the affiliate is notified in sorta real time.

It is a long process to conclude a sale SOMETIMES..........

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    quote:
    Sharasale is ok,they need to work on posting sales then a week or so later reverse them.

That would be delayed reporting. We provide real-time reporting.

As for the original topic of this thread, I assume everything is OK with your account at this time.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread