Hi Brian,

I joined Shareasale about three months ago so I am not too familiar with all the features there yet, but I would like to know how the (Temporarily Offline) works.

I have joined a couple of merchants there and have not reached the minimum to get my first check yet and I don't have a problem with that since I still kind of new to SAS.

But while I have send over 2000 targeted clicks to one merchant and only made about six dollars because (maybe) off season products, I have another merchant there that even after about only twenty un-targeted clicks, I made over twenty dollars already.

The only problem is that the merchant is showing as Temporarily Offline for about a week now, yesterday I clicked the links on my site and they don't go to the merchant site so today I went directly to that merchant site and I see that they are online and still listing the affiliate program, I like that converting merchant and I don't know if they will be back online on SAS.

I only have these questions:

1 - What do Temporarily Offline really means?
    2 - How long can a merchant display the Temporarily Offline status?
    3 - Should I leave the links UP or remove the links temporarily too?

Thanks for your time.

Sal.

PS: Less than three months since I joined and I beginning to like SAS more than the others.

Temporaryily offine most likely means they need to add funds to their account...

or they didn't in time so they are temporarily cut off from reporting. if the links don't work to them that should tell you something.

whether or not they will come back is a good question. the usual recommendation here is "ask the merchant direct why they are in that position" and _sometimes_ they will put their account back in order with some cash.

It would be nice if there were some time limit that a merchant could stay at "Temporarily Offline" say like 72 hours then remove them and notify the affiliates.

It would also be nice if the affiliates were notified by SAS when a merchant went Offline for any reason.

The way it is now, the merchants just slowly fade away and you never know what is going on. Often they don't bother to answer their email so email is often ineffective and a waste of time.

quote:

It would be nice if there were some time limit that a merchant could stay at "Temporarily Offline" say like 72 hours then remove them and notify the affiliates.

It would also be nice if the affiliates were notified by SAS when a merchant went Offline for any reason.

The way it is now, the merchants just slowly fade away and you never know what is going on. Often they don't bother to answer their email so email is often ineffective and a waste of time.

I agree 100% with that.

Maybe because I am getting lazy or maybe because I have a couple of sales with one (Temporarily Offline merchant) is the reason why I still have a page with their links on it.

Since I have not made the minimum ($50.00) in SAS yet in order to get my first check, I am afraid to drop that merchant because I don't know if by drooping that (Temporarily Offline merchant), I will lose the commission that I earned last month with them.

It's over two weeks by now that merchant # 5283 went off line on SAS and I don't see anybody anywhere mention anything about it.

So I guess I must wait until I get my first SAS check before I press the EJECT button on that particular merchant, just to be on the safe side with my earned commissions with them.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    Almost 25% of the merchants i joined are temp offline, another 33% have low funds. So 58% offline or low funds. Most i don't have links up to yet. Are the below temporary or permanent? If permanent can you lable it as such? Is there email notification like CJ or LS has and i'm not getting it? Is there a report i can run to quickly bring up just the offline merchants and i'm not seeing it?

Temporarily Offline

00inkcarts.com
    1aupair.com
    A Smart Baby.com
    Abyss Distribution & AzureGreen
    AccessMart Inc.
    aDiningRoom.com, LLC
    Alectra Plus Size Intimate Apparel
    All DIiabetic, LLC
    As Seen On TV Marketplace
    BeachCatalog.com
    Bohemian Imports, LLC
    BuyJewelry.com
    chicago nut co.
    CobraFineArt.com
    Comfort Kits
    Computer Surplus Outlet
    Contemporary Nutrition
    Cook Brothers
    Crazy Ladies Surprises
    Curvy Clothes.com
    David's Closet
    Deesse Usa, Inc
    DemeterOnline
    eBatts.com
    Feedora Sarongs
    GolfTraders.net
    Gourmet Collection, Etc.
    Guecer.de
    HC Muscle, Inc.
    HealthZotic
    Herbert Qin
    Hippo Racks
    videogameplus.com
    ICC SRL
    JUST PET TOYS
    Little Did I Know
    Lotto Fun Company
    MovieZip.com
    Oakleys
    Peppermint Palace
    Piercebody.com LLC
    Plus Shop
    Polk Audio, Inc.
    Porky's Leather Apparel
    Purity Products
    Red Fox Gifts & Gourmet
    Retail Closeout Mall
    SB Enterprises
    SF Travel Publications
    Singing Hill
    Sports Gear Distributors of America
    Teacher Created Materials
    The Sports Wall, Inc.
    TheXsystem.com
    TrendyJewelryBox
    Trivention Inc.
    Visimax Statix

quote:
    Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Almost 25% of the merchants i joined are temp offline, another 33% have low funds. So 58% offline or low funds. Most i don't have links up to yet. Are the below temporary or permanent? If permanent can you lable it as such? Is there email notification like CJ or LS has and i'm not getting it? Is there a report i can run to quickly bring up just the offline merchants and i'm not seeing it?

Temporarily Offline

00inkcarts.com
    1aupair.com
    A Smart Baby.com
    Abyss Distribution & AzureGreen
    AccessMart Inc.
    aDiningRoom.com, LLC
    Alectra Plus Size Intimate Apparel
    All DIiabetic, LLC
    As Seen On TV Marketplace
    BeachCatalog.com
    Bohemian Imports, LLC
    BuyJewelry.com
    chicago nut co.
    CobraFineArt.com
    Comfort Kits
    Computer Surplus Outlet
    Contemporary Nutrition
    Cook Brothers
    Crazy Ladies Surprises
    Curvy Clothes.com
    David's Closet
    Deesse Usa, Inc
    DemeterOnline
    eBatts.com
    Feedora Sarongs
    GolfTraders.net
    Gourmet Collection, Etc.
    Guecer.de
    HC Muscle, Inc.
    HealthZotic
    Herbert Qin
    Hippo Racks
    videogameplus.com
    ICC SRL
    JUST PET TOYS
    Little Did I Know
    Lotto Fun Company
    MovieZip.com
    Oakleys
    Peppermint Palace
    Piercebody.com LLC
    Plus Shop
    Polk Audio, Inc.
    Porky's Leather Apparel
    Purity Products
    Red Fox Gifts & Gourmet
    Retail Closeout Mall
    SB Enterprises
    SF Travel Publications
    Singing Hill
    Sports Gear Distributors of America
    Teacher Created Materials
    The Sports Wall, Inc.
    TheXsystem.com
    TrendyJewelryBox
    Trivention Inc.
    Visimax Statix
    You are right,after I loaded 4 sites, only to find over 40% offline, it would be better if someone sent us a message that they are offline,like the other programs do. I wasted a week getting rid of them, since I don't use merchants names,the keywords and descriptions are all I had to search and destroy,somebody is missing the boat, with over 15,000 affiliates, a simple message would have eliminated this,Commission Junction has more deactivated, but at least they let you know.My lousy nickle.JJ

One of those merchants is my $$$ machine. Usually pumped in around $200-$300 a month from that merchant alone. Since the second week of July things seem to dry up, only made $ 50s in July and $ 6 so far in August.

ABW Ambassador
    Brian from the list above:
    Are they temporary or permanent? If permanent can you lable it as such? Is there email notification like CJ or LS has and i'm not getting it? Is there a report i can run to quickly bring up just the offline merchants and i'm not seeing it?

Affiliate Manager
    I understand from Brian's point of view that they don't want to be just branding merchants off as permanently offline.

But, maybe they can indicate the amount of time a merchant is temporarily offline? i.e. This merchant is temporarily offline (since XX/XX/2001) I think that would save a lot of people a lot of headache.

quote:

The link is not currently active.

There are a number of reasons that you may have received this message. The most common is that the merchant who was advertising is temporarily not-actively promoting that program. If, however, you feel you have reached this page in error, please let us know. Shareasale.com does not tolerate or send any SPAM mail to anyone. If you feel you have been targeted by a SPAM message, we would appreciate if you could forward the message to us at abuse at shareasale.com.

Shareasale.com manages the relationships between advertisers and affiliates, which is why you were directed to our site. Since the link that you clicked is not currently active, you were not redirected to the site.

If you are a new affiliate, your links will not be active until Shareasale.com gets a chance to review your account - you will receive an email when your account is approved and links are activated. This process generally takes around 24 business hours.

That's the page my visitors see when they click on the links.

After over two weeks of waiting for one specific converting merchant to get back online on SAS because they still list the affiliate program on their site, I still don't know if they will ever be coming back anytime soon.

A guess is time to go through the pain of start removing all those links tonight, it's to bad since I was happy with that merchant, but life goes on and it's time to move on.

Sal.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Sal,

I have contacted this merchant, and let them know that if funds are not added by the end of the week, their account will be closed.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Also, if you send me your SAS userID (privately please) I will have your account upgraded so that you can take advantage of the redirect tools that we have available in the case of an offline merchant.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ABW Ambassador
    Brian, are any in that list actually permanently offline? And my other questions. Thanks.

Brian, PM sent.

Sal.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Interesting list. Glad to see my dud-merchant detector still works, as I had some of those pegged as losers from the start.

However, I see a name in there that is also at CJ. I wonder if this is a glimpse of what's to come...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They must be easier to spot at SAS. At Linkshare all you have to do is look at the payment history report and find those who are already 2 months in arrears.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Are they temporary or permanent?

Some of both. As a general rule, however, if I were in the situation as an affiliate I would not give a merchant more than a week or two. When this happens, I personally call each AM involved to tell them about the situation and explain why it is an urgent situation to deposit more funds.... most do, not all.

If permanent can you lable it as such?

We are working on this...

Is there email notification like CJ or LS has and i'm not getting it?

Ditto, but not available yet. There IS an offline redirect tool which people should be using in order to receive notification of an offline merchant, and to automatically redirect to a different address/merchant, etc... in an offline situation. You need "Full" membership level at Shareasale - and if you do, just check your account settings page.

Is there a report i can run to quickly bring up just the offline merchants and i'm not seeing it?

I think there is a filter only to bring up the ONline ones, filtering out the offline. I'll work on a reverse.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Brian.

Brian, thanks for the tools.

Sal.

Sal,

The merchant in question emailed to let me know that they are closing their account.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Thanks Brian,

I already removed all the links to them before I saw this post.

Sal.

Just a note:
    These problems are universal among all merchant networks. I waited three months to be paid on an $8500 jewelry sale at Linkshare.
    Terrie

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread