Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My topic below "Laying It all on the Line" has been closed! No courtesy email by an administrator as to why...Had over one thousand views, so obviously there was interest in my topic.

An explanation would have been appreciated...
    I'll have to continue my free commission topic in my own forum I guess.....Located at
    http://watchtalk.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi

Click on The Affiliates Board and enter Password:9876
    To view this thread you will need a password because I really don't want regular customers viewing our promotion to you. Our forum is really meant for customers, so that is why I password protected that thread.

I will still do all of my main correspondence at ABW since I really enjoy learning here at ABW. ABW is the place to meet wonderful affiliates and this thread I started in my forum is only for affiliates to get information on the the free commission promotion. Many of you have expressed interest in this topic so I think I should keep the discussion going.........

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

I have no idea but you can always try an contact Haiko with a private message.

Don't take it personal...

Someone must have been real uncomfortable with your thread.. i.e: the affiliates might like the idea... and the program manager... might have to give a little back...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

quote:
    Originally posted by Watchmaker:
    My topic below "Laying It all on the Line" has been closed! No courtesy email by an administrator as to why...Had over one thousand views, so obviously there was interest in my topic.

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu

That bites. I enjoyed seeing your posts on that thread and see no reason why it would have been closed. There was not enough info posted to identify anyone specific and I was always looking/hoping to see my partial id in one of them.

I didn't close it, I'm looking into it.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey Richard,

I closed the thread...nothing personal, just thought it had run its course as it had been around the top of the forum for several weeks.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

What Linda said.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Brian if it is staying at the top of the forum, that means people are interesrted. Topics that run their course drop of their own accord.

At least, that's the way I see it. Mind you, I wasn't following the thread, so it is a general observation.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Topic has been re-opened, I imagine by Haiko... Sorry for bad moderation - Carry on.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

One thing to consider is that a topic will stay at the top if the topic-starter bumps it one or more times a day with new posts. Naturally, the top posts in a forum will almost always get more hits.
    But I'm like SSanf, I wasn't following the thread, so this is a general observation.

Teri Fritts
    teri@dogdecor.com
    DogDecor.com Dog Breed Gifts
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=5247

At least I now know what happened! It was Brian! I thought I was being picked on! People have been emailing me all of the time saying that they appreciate and look forward to reading that thread.

It has also been a good promotion for share-a-sale because I have had more sales as a result......That could only benefit Brian has he gets a cut from commissions as well!

I personally am going to stop posting the free commission sales at the end of the month and move them to a private forum like I stated above...Only private to ABW members of course as the code is mentioned above.

I think this promotion is going to stick around for awhile! I'll let you guys know how long at the end of the month.......Maybe until Christmas!
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

PM'ed you Richard.

============
    Ssanf,

As the post was working it's way down the daily list he was bumping it with the commission announcements.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Hello Haiko,
    I deleted that Affiliate thread because as far as I can see, you have always run ABW with honesty and integrity which is the way I always want to run my affiliate program. My affiliates who are mostly "ABW members" will only be able to post on your site....Not Mine. I have no right moving ABW conversations over to my site.

The Forum on our site will only be used for customers and watch related questions.

That being said, Please tell me if it is okay for me to have a password protected web page on my site where affiliates can view free commission postings, as many people have expressed to me they want that to continue.....This way I wont hog the top of the Share-A-Sale Forum....It would just be a web page for viewing purposes, and if any ABW member wants to post something about my program or make a comment, they have to do it on ABW.

The page is located here and you need password 9876 to view it.: http://www.masterwatchmaker.net/custom.asp/Page_Id/84

I am always looking to do the right thing, so please tell me if this is acceptable.

Looking forward to your response,
    Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Richard,

That's fine, thank you.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Internet Cowboy
    I must say that I enjoyed the thread. This guy displays creativity and enthusiasm, traits that many merchants seriously lack.
    Look back through the thread and you will see many merchants applauding this guy.

Yah! I was motivated to create a page just for him!

We need more merchants like Richard! Thank you for giving us a break!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Internet Cowboy
    I already had his items on my site, but I was inspired to clean up the pages and spruce them up a bit.
    This is a cool promotion.
    Now I have one more place to log on in my daily rounds.

quote:
    Originally posted by scohaz:
    Now I have one more place to log on in my daily rounds.

Not my intention, nor Richard's I'm sure - can you (or anyone) think of a better way to continue the announcements while offering fair viewing ability to the other SaS topics?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

@Haiko - Nope that is fine with me, I just bookmark the page and if Richard email all his affiliate for the url and login to keep up with it that would be great too right?

I am just prasing Richard methods.

We still need more merchants like him though!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

quote:
    Originally posted by Haiko:
    - can you (or anyone) think of a better way to continue the announcements while offering fair viewing ability to the other SaS topics?

Since you ask, I will give out one idea that might work.

How about if in the Feedback forum there was a section open for the kind of Feedback that Richard's was posting to his affiliates, just for Richard's to post what he was posting on the deleted thread only and maybe for another merchant that decided to follow his steps and do something similar for their affiliates.

I mentioned that section because there are only two forums there, the Feedback and the Suggestions forums and they don't get that much traffic in there anyway, also because you ask for a better way to continue the announcements while offering fair viewing ability to the other SAS topics

Sal.

Sal,

The thread wasn't deleted.

Feedback, yeah, but it's not really - it's more of an announcement, no?

How about we set up a new program & announcement section specific to SaS within this forum, and then move that thread there?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Hi All,
    I appreciate all of the support I have received with this free commission promotion.

Hi Sal, other merchants need to start thinking of their own strategies for marketing because:
    The Free Commission strategy is in the process of being trade marked and copyrighted!

That is right! I may be deciding in the near future to continue using this marketing strategy permanently.....Free commission for legitimate traffic!
    That's right! We are 100% dedicated to affiliates!

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Haiko,
    Don't mean to make waves here in your forumand give you extra work! Your idea however seems to be a good one.....or I can just have people checking out that web page for announcements as mentioned above!

I guess I get my third dot for reaching my 200th post!

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

quote:

How about we set up a new program & announcement section specific to SaS within this forum, and then move that thread there?

It might be a good idea if it would encourage more merchants on the SAS network to do something similar for their affiliates.

Sal.

quote:

The Free Commission strategy is in the process of being trade marked and copyrighted!

Not a bad Idea, In this business any simple idea could be the next multi $$$ idea just like the hula-hoop idea.

But seriously, the Free commission for legitimate traffic! is a unique new idea and I bet that soon another merchant probably will try it when they see it working for the Watchmaker program and their affiliates.

Keep Up the good work.

Sal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast