Looks like a very nice program with a very nice commission BUT at the bottom of their page, links to several of their other care package sites ( very large links ).

If a customer leaves their site to go to another of their sites for the same thing, care packages, do you get paid?

When I asked them they had no idea , they said I would need to contact shareasale> I did call them but I did not get a call back.

Does anyone know if all of their sites track or just the entry site? All of the sites have promos to join the affiliate program, but only the main site has a link.

Thanks in advance for any info. They do look like a great program but if their other sites don't track, this is a big issue.

Thanks,

Sounds like a leak to me......Your sales would not be tracked unless the merchant also put the share-a-sale tracking code on the receipt page of those other sites......That needs to be taken care of on their end and by their response, the code is likely not in place.

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Affiliate Manager
    Right, it is something the merchant should have control over.

When a visitor on your site click on the SAS link you have on your website, two things happen. One is that they'll be redirected to entry site. The second is a "Cookie" file is created in visitor's computer that saids he/she came from your site.

A merchant is given some code to put on their order confirmation page that reads the SAS "Cookie". As long as the cookie is active, the sales will be recorded as coming from you =)

So, pretty much it doesn't matter where the order is placed as long as the merchant put the "Cookie"-reading code at the end of the sales.

bumping, is someone from share a sale on this forum who can work on this issue ? Thanks!

eink..
    if the sites have different shopping carts, though, the problem would lie there if the code is only in one.

The people at the program have no idea, so hopefully share a sale can give them a yell and help them fix it so all sites track :0)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    A network referral cookie cannot be passed to two different shopping cart programs. VERY few shopping cart programs allow a shopper to place multiple merchant items in a cart and proceed to checkout online. It never happens in the real world.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    quote:
    Originally posted by Anne:
    eink..
    if the sites have different shopping carts, though, the problem would lie there if the code is only in one.

The people at the program have no idea, so hopefully share a sale can give them a yell and help them fix it so all sites track :0)

Anne, you mentioned that they do show good conversation rates? I can only assume that they have the code placed in all the correct places. Otherwise, I doubt they would have a good conversion rate.

Example: Our website is a yahoo store. That means you pick your items from our top level domain site (eink4u.com), but will eventually be lead thru our shopping cart (store.yahoo.com). Technically, you are being lead to "another site" but that doesn't really matter. We just need to place the code in the appropiate spot.

Soooo to simplify things.... a sale can be tracked even if you pass through several sites. Your question is "Do they?". The best answer is "Don't know, but my guess is probably or else they would have horrible conversions".

Honestly, I see this as really out of SaS's hands as they can't exactly check all the possible places a merchant may make a sale. I think you just haven't contacted the right person to find their technical person in charge at their site. Then again, maybe Brian or Michael can make contact with their tech person, and chase down some answers for you

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let me know how you get to the Yahoo Store final confirmation HTML page to place the tracking script.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    The short answer is, I didn't. Don and Michael at YStoreTools helped us set it up. They did a great job and I'd recommend their services

The longer answer.. Well, I'm not sure how familiar you are with SaS's tracking script. The SaS affiliate links leaves a cookie with a shareasale domain. The code we use simply runs a page at shareasale.com. The tracking scripts that reads the cookie is really located at shareasale. The only difficult thing is we had to pass over some of the sales information over to them. That's where we got the help on from YStoreTools.

quote:
    Anne, you mentioned that they do show good conversation rates? I can only assume that they have the code placed in all the correct places. Otherwise, I doubt they would have a good conversion rate.

Good commission rate, not conversion rate. I am not going to put them up until I know if I will get paid through all of the site leaks.

The least SAS could do is send me an email or phone call instead of ignoring my phone call.

The least the merchant could do is look into the situation and find out what they need to do to get the program to work properly, especially if they intended it to.

I thought this forum had a shareasale person to monitor, is this not the case?

I know of several top performing affiliates that will not put them up until this clarification is made, yet no one seems to be looking into it. This clarification could mean more money for the merchant and shareasale.

Affiliate Manager
    quote:
    Originally posted by Anne:
    Good commission rate, not conversion rate.

Oh I misread what you wrote before, I'm sorry about that.

I've always said commission rates mean next to nothing. By far a good conversion rate is the most important. That goes down to treating your customers and business partners right, it's like karma.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Anne,

I've been working with funcarepackages this past week, and we should have tracking enabled across the sites listed shortly... I'll post an update here when it is completed.

They are also probably going to be removing one or two of the links that can't be cross-tracked.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thanks Brian!!!!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Haven't heard back yet on when this will be completed. When I do, I'll post here.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

No word yet? Seems like it would take them no more than ten minutes to insert tracking in the multiple sites, cut and paste. They must have some idea of how many affilates that are not running them because of this... don't they want the sales?

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread