How do they compare?

I am UK based so know very little about the US affiliate market. I run a video dating site and we are now considering adapting the site for the US market.

How does Sharesale compare to LinkShare?
    Which do affiliates prefer and why?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    Sam Newell

Internet Cowboy
    Shareasale is parasite-free.
    Linkshare has more merchants.
    If you can get the items you need on Shareasale, you will be better off.
    Free datafeeds
    Pagemaker tools
    No parasites
    My opinion anyway.

quote:
    Originally posted by scohaz:
    Shareasale is parasite-free.
    Linkshare has more merchants.
    If you can get the items you need on Shareasale, you will be better off.
    Free datafeeds
    Pagemaker tools
    No parasites
    My opinion anyway.
    I think when you find out that Linkshare charges their merchants over $38,000 per year, and your cost for ad contents, you will find only the rich survive there,SAS is that greedy,and you get more help from them, and the forum.Your money, my nickles worth.
    JJ

All the professional affiliates know about SAS as well as LS. LS has more affiliates but what quality? I don't think the moms and pops go to SAS, yet. It is mostly professional affiliates there.

At SAS they will be more likely to give you a try because SAS has consolidated checks. That means affiliates get paid for every sale right from the beginning and payment is certain. Your credit is not an issue because you pay for sales up front or pretty much as they occur. SAS is not as much of a risk for affiliates as it is at LS to try a new merchant.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

About datafeeds, SAS does have a few downsides that Linkshare doesn't have. Datafeeds from Linkshare and every other place I've looked at, have field names to identify each piece of info, like....

ProductID Price Shipping Availability Title Category Manufacturer MfgPartNo UPC Description RebateValue RebateTitle ImageURL URL

while none of the SAS ones have that, so you got to try to figure out yourself what each data spot is. For example, in the one below from SAS, what is the difference between 453362935 and 5087? What is the date and time for? What is Fashion and Jewelry? Best guess is categories. What is missing at ||||?

453362935|14kt. Hard Enamel Red or Blue Heart Pendant|5087|JewelBasket.com|http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?merchantID=5087&userID=12079&productID=453362935|http://dts.ystoretools.com/1003/images/100x500/1578l.jpg|http://dts.ystoretools.com/1003/images/250x1000/1578l.jpg|139||Fashion|Jewelry|14kt. Hard Enamel Red or Blue Heart Pendant Inexpensively Priced||||Pendants > All Pendants||2004-08-10 18:30:22.967|instock

By the time you figure out what some of that is, you figure out there is very little content to use, making SAS datafeeds look like they'll get your site banned from Google if you use them due to the lack of info. One title and tiny little description at best for content.

Tip: Use SSI codes at the top and bottom that bring up random content, a lot of content. That might keep you from geting a penalty in Google, and make the pages look unique in the eyes of the Googlebot.

Wow thanks guys for the quick response!!

Looks like its Shareasale for me

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread