i signed up with this and am sending a ton of traffic and now the damn thing is off line this is costing me money if this is going to be run like this ill go else where, can someoen please fix this i work hard at this and then this kind of stuff happens i mean this could piss a man off.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    They have probably gone from "low funds" to "offline". It's probably best to watch a SAS merchant for a while - don't invest too many resources with consistently "low funds" merchants. On the plus side, I guess its better than making commissions with them only to have them not pay (because they can't), reverse sales, or declare bankruptcy and reverse all commissions.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I like the fact that a merchant is cut off if they stop sending the money. If they aren't going to keep money in their account to pay us, why should they profit from free traffic? This is a GOOD feature.

It sure beats letting a deadbeat merchant suck off you forever like some networks who "extend credit" forever without telling you and then just reverse all the sales.

You can make a customized default page at SAS so that all dead merchant links go to a page of your own design. You can even make your default page redirect to another site of yours if you want.

I would like a notification when a merchant has low funds and when they go off line. The notification should have a link to contact the merchant.

If this cannot be generated automatically, at least, a weekly report of all dead merchants in the last 30 days would be better than nothing.

The report should also tell which merchants paid up and went back on line in case you saved your pages and want to re-post them.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Just a footnote to let you know that they do perform well when they're online, I had a major sale with them late last night or early this morning that probably 'broke the bank' until they replenish their funds. They do convert well and I've hardly seen them offline in the past.

We are a lot more daring than Flirty Lingerie but you can pick and choose what products you want to promote.

We can also say we have gone off line one time since we started with SAS last November.. That only lasted about 15 minutes. It was a error on our end setting up the auto deposit. The fact is we fixed it FAST..

Affiliates are about 35 to 40 percent of our business so we really try to keep up with things.

Ok enough with the shameless posting..

Yes, it is entirely possible for a sudden influx of sales from a new affiliate or a page that suddenly shot to the top of the SEs or a major sale to "break the bank" if a merchant has low funds. This needs to be pointed out to merchants who play it too close to the line with their funding.

I hope merchants are notified as soon as they have low funds.

A lot of this has to do with experience. Merchants will learn how much they need to keep in their accounts as their program grows.

This may not be perfect in every way, yet. But, don't you resent it when a merchant is extended credit without your knowledge or consent only to have all your commissions reversed? They keep the profit from the stolen sales, of course, when you get stiffed.

I say, no money, no sales. Pay me or you are off line.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    May be a tough bill to fill, but it would be pretty neat if SAS could offer the affilate the option of either "Redirect this merchant's links from my site when their deposit is depleted" or "Give this merchant the benefit of the doubt and let them go into overdraft on my traffic"

Or how about letting the affiliate specify how many days they are willing to go into the hole for? For instance, I would usually choose three days on the assumption that if it hit on a Friday night, they would fix it first thing Monday morning when they returned to work. If they didn't, they are out of the program or just aren't serious about it.

quote:
    Originally posted by Chief_Bobbit:
    May be a tough bill to fill, but it would be pretty neat if SAS could offer the affilate the option of either "Redirect this merchant's links from my site when their deposit is depleted" or "Give this merchant the benefit of the doubt and let them go into overdraft on my traffic"
    I agree, I had at least 40 SAS merchants offline,when I checked the ads in my websites, they gave an error message, I still think we should get a message from the program, like all the others do, that a merchant has been deactivated, also, when office max dropped Linkshare, and moved to performics at least I knew, so I have to delete the old ads, and replace them,too many jumping around.My nickles worth,like the titanium jewelry, they were supposed to be so hot,BS
    JJ

No Excuses! I screwed up,and it won't happen again! I agree that my affiliates work hard to get us up, and the investment must be protected! We are now on automatic payment with no worries about going off line. Please let me know when you have any concerns about our program as we are growing faster than we ever anticipated. With over 2500 items listed and growing, we just did not anticipate the effect affiliate marketing would have on our business.

Richard Romo
    FlirtyLingerie.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread