We cannot believe the amount of sales we are getting each month from our Shareasale affiliates. It gets better each month.
    Many new affiliates too.

Thanks to all of our affiliates!

Peg
    Bonsai Boy of New York

Bonsai Boy of New York

One of your affiliates here..

Got a nice $17.17 commission on 08/01/2004

Not bad

Your program is doing well for me.

Jason

geekgirl2,

How about a list of the top ten commissioned earnt by SAS affiliates so we know what to aim for.

Glad to hear things are working out for you.
    We've had a program with them for 3 or so months and haven't seen much from it.

Only a small handful of affiliates send even a few clicks daily.

Our stats show that our SAS program continues to improve each month:
    one of our top affiliates earned over 580 with 36 sales for last month. Last month was one of our slowest months yet SAS stats increase consistently. SAS commissions have been increasing each month by about $800 dollars. From January we have seen SAS sales increase 80%.

Last month, we have ad an order for $1345, this brand new SAS affiliate earned: $269.00! (different aff. than above)

Early this month, we had an affiliate refer a sale for $850, also a new affiliate. A nice commission of $170.

This person has a good chance to win our September affiliate contest:
    $40 to the affiliate who refers the highest sale transaction amount

also, $30 to the affiliate with the best increase in sales from august.
    All affiliates are eligible.

But the month is far from over and much time left!! So please grab our creatives.

Our one of a kind trees are a big hit with big sales. They are our older trees and cost the most. Creatives exist for this category.

We know you will have great success with our program. Please give us a try.

Thanks so much
    Peg
    BBNY

That is an excellent endorsement, Peg! I really like their interface a lot. I'm sure SAS will help make us a lot of money also.

Did you adminster the contest through them?

Their tech support is very helpful. I spoke to Michael and Brian and they helped suggest some nice contests. They are great folks.

I wanted to make sure the winner gets the bonus in the following months check and they reassured me that would be the case. I just have to get the affiliate ID of winners Oct 1st.

I sent the letter through the SAS system to all of our affiliates. Very convenient.

The contest is working out well. This month is going to be a big month at SAS. I can see the sales pouring in. We have a few big sales this month so far.

I hope your program works out great!!

Good luck
    Peg

After consistently converting at 3-6% per month since I joined Bonsai Boy, this month I'm barely hanging on to a 1% conversion rate. Same sources of traffic, same click-thrus.

Catwoman

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by soma-slim:
    Glad to hear things are working out for you.
    We've had a program with them for 3 or so months and haven't seen much from it.

Only a small handful of affiliates send even a few clicks daily.

Are you actively promoting your program? Often you need to do something to stand out from the crowd in order to get noticed by affiliates.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

HI Catwoman

thanks for writing.

The affiliates that get the best results seem to promote site via google adwords. Several others have pages with lots of extra bonsai content such as faq's, history of bonsai and some have bonsai forums.

We have seen a lot of big single sales. This is due to our new one of a kind trees. Tomorrow I will be adding trees that go for 9000 and 10,000 dollars!! These trees do sell to the bonsai enthusiasts and rich people. But they are one of a kind trees and do not get replaced, so I recommend pointing to the page. We have creatives that land there, or use the product links for this tree. It wont sell overnight so that is ok.

New datafeed will be uploaded tomorrow.

Thanks and good luck

Peg
    BBNY

Yes Leader,

I'm attempting to recruit affiliates on my own as well as joining Shareasale and a few other affiliate networks.

I'm sure like anything else in life, no kind of success can be expected without a ton of hard work. I know how tough it is doing business on the Internet these days.

I actually checked my stats and the truth is ShareASale has produced 65 affiliates since 07/05/2004. So it's actually only been around 2 months since the program was initiated. An affiliate made a commission today of $29.99 on 1 click he sent to us, so he should be happy.

I sent out a newsletter to the affiliates and announced a $100 bonus for this month's top producer. I figured incentives couldn't hurt. It's also 2 Tier program so it could be lucrative for experienced marketers.

All in all, it's going pretty well. But I'd be interested in hearing any tips you or anyone else has to improve the affiliate program.

Affiliate Manager
    Agreed, you have got to work hard and be creative. Work on getting new affiliates and also new ideas for your current affiliates to implement. If you can help your current affiliates, you are helping yourself as well.

We also have 65 affiliates now as well, signed up 7/22/04 and got things rolling a few days afterward. Started off only a few affiliates got links up and was sending traffic. After a few conversations and discussions, we got more affiliates to be excited about the program.

It's been doing pretty good, but we believe SAS will become better for us. We get several affiliate transactions a day. Recently, we got a couple ~$30 commissions which shot our EPC up well over $100!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread