My site, is a new ShareASale merchant.

I am currently debating the good and bad of using a professional affiliate manager and would love to get everyone’s experience and thoughts on the subject. Also, I would like to know what the industry norms are for costs because I have two proposals and they are not even close to each other. Also, anyone that wants to take a stab at setting my expectations for the program is invited to do so.

The program launched on Friday, September 10th (10 days before this post) and to date this is what our program looks like:

* 22 Affiliates (2 recruited from another program I run, 4+ are professional affiliate managers, 1 is me and 1 is ShareASale)
    * 60 Clicks
    * 1 Sale ($889.95, an $89.99 commission)
    * Published a September newsletter (coupons, promotions, news)
    * 11 logo/banner ads (1 animated), 5 text links
    * Data feed
    * 10% commission, unlimited cookie life, 2nd tier that pays 10%

We did submit through Affiliate Announce, but to be fair I do not think this is yet complete?

Your advice is much appreciated.

far far away....
    you now have one more affiliate....

that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

New York

Hi and Welcome!

Your program stats actually look good for just being 10days old!

As for the pricing on the OPM, prices vary as the services and results do as well - I guess it's a you get what you pay for type thing I'll be more than happy to talk with you about the different options (email me your number (haiko(@)

Regarding Affiliate announce, I know Neil was at a SEO conference, so that may have delayed completion of the submission, but submission to such directories is FAR from a 'solve all' for your recruiting needs.
    Continued Success,

The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Steven

but submission to such directories is FAR from a 'solve all' for your recruiting needs.

I would agree, very few leads come from directories, maybe the odd newbie but not very many serious affs I don't imagine.

Certainly 60 clicks and 1 sale is a great start considering many of those first clicks will be tests.

Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 :::
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Just a quick note of thanks to everyone who responded, be it on the board or over email. I got a lot of good suggestions and recommendations.

From everthing I can tell I have yet to have an affiliate join from one of the directories, from what I have heard, that will change over time.

We have decided to hire Tom Rice (elbowcreek) to help us recruit and promote the program. He has made some great suggestions and over the next few weeks we will be building a site for our affiliates at (it hosts our first newsletter now if you want to take a look).

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar

A fine choice - Tom is known here on ABW for his honesty and integrity in running his own program...and I have no doubt he will help you grow yours. We look forward to helping in any way that we can as well.

If anyone has not already taken a look at this program, I highly recommend it.

By the way, NotTakenID - thank you for giving us a "shot".

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO -, Inc.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread