Now that The holidays are looming ever so close it is time for VGD to add some changes that some SAS affiliates have been demanding.

Now we know that many of you wish for access to a feed so we have added one. http://www.videogamedeals.com/sas-feed.php
    From this XML feed you will be able to add our entire inventory to your site any time you wish.

Also just added today. For those who would like a search box for your site that will pull up the desired results...take a peek at this.
    http://www.videogamedeals.com/sas-find.php

Please contact me if you have any questions or problems. I will be happy to help you implement either of these feeds. Also I know that during the summer I have not been in-touch with many of you. I apologize for that as I have been on side projects. Rest assured I will refocus on VGD and my affiliates. We will be doing specials and lots of advertising shortly.

Always LMK if you need a coupon or a special for your site.

Jesse Labrocca

Also because there was a question as to how can this track if it doesn't point to sas.

Well the action of the form points only to a redirect to SAS from VGD using a meta refresh.

edited to remove refresh - as it was...refreshing

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I'd put you up if you had a text datafeed available

ABW Ambassador
    Do you have it so your funds are automatically replenished so you don't go offline? I've had sales in the past but noticed you were temp offline once that i know off, low funds now. If you got it set to auto, i can put you back up.

I was briefly low on funds but the account was still active.

I prefer NOT to be on automated payment in case of fraud or other possible problems with that.

ABW Ambassador
    That's too bad, i prefer merchants that stay online. And you were temp offline once, that's why i pulled you in the first place. Not taking that chance anymore.

Jackson...

What do you mean a text datafeed? Do you prefer a tab deliminated file over XML?

Take a look at the feed and let me know if you need a change.

Please LMK what you need and I will make it for you if I have to.

How long was I offline? A day or two?

I been on sas a long time now. I have had minimal problems..if any actually. You may be the first affiliate that had an issue.

I hope to work with you to resolve this. Are you saying that you will ONLY join if I am on automatic payments?

I hope you see the risk in this since I have on occassion seen $1000 orders of fraud and on a xmas season I could get some fool to easily make a $10,000 order and then sas would charge a bundle to my account and that would cause some accounting problems for me. I usually place $50-$100 at a time in the account and it's not a problem. As sales occur..I go and replenish it.

Yes a text datafeed is needed in either tab, comma, or pipe delimited. I prefer pipe but either of those 3 I can work with

ABW Ambassador
    I don't remember. I just know i was getting sales and then stopped and i checked and you were temp offline. To know how long a merchant is temp offline, i would have to login and check everyday since affiliates get no notice when a merchant does go offline. I'm just looking at this from an affiliate perspective and getting ready for the holidays i need online merchants. It's happened too many times when i put up links to a merchant and they go offline with no notice. So now i'm looking for auto deposit merchants. Don't want my site visitors clicking on inactive links and i don't want to use the redirect feature because when my site visitor clicks a link to a merchant, i want them to go to the merchant and nowhere else. As long as you stay online, i can put links back up. I know some merchants are better on keeping an eye on this that others.

Hi:

That's the right kind of file. There are 2 problems.

1. In tab format it seems to throw a lot of the fields off. Maybe try comma or pipe delimited instead.

2. I don't see any SaS links?

yeah those links are not sas ready yet...

I am just seeing what you like...how do you parse these because any pipe to comma deliminated file would look just as odd..

I should be able to alter that xml feed I have to export the same info only in another format.

Ok...

I have always felt that I would do whatever it takes to make my affiliates happy so I went and did automatic payments.

:-)

ABW Ambassador
    Cool, was getting some good conversions so will put links back up. Thanks.

Free plug:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=996102068

Might get some more sign ups/links up.

Hi:

I open my feeds in CsvDB. When I opened yours some of the fields were off. For example the url would be in the next colum over etc. Also, I noticed you didn't have the images as a url which is also a must

Once I have the feed opened I make any necessary changes and repplace with my sas id. Then I run it through Webmerge

Ok ...I been working on this for the past couple hours.

Please LMK how well it does for you.
    http://www.videogamedeals.com/sas-pipe.php

Looks like there's an extra return after every product name. When I load it it tries to load the product name on a separate line. Maybe you could ask Brian for some help?

jackson do you have AIM...

if you do contact me ...gametour

you can help me tweak this to do what you want...it's pretty much ready..I just made some other changes too so take a peek. What you want to do is take the "source code" from the page and not the actual html output.

ABW Ambassador
    Temporarily Offline.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Temporarily Offline.
    Not just that, but this note has been on their main page for a long time now. I had a whole section of my site dedicated to them, but I pulled all the links awhile back.

Video Game Deals will be taking a brief pilgrimage to explore it's many options for it's future. We will not be accepting any new orders until we feel we are ready to resume normal operations. We wish to improve on our site and how we serve you. We feel we have satisfied many customers over the past few years and many of you were very loyal to us. Rest assured we are not out of business but instead we are only pausing to regroup, focus, and then resume as a better entity.
    Anyone with questions can still email us and our site will not be going down. Instead we have disabled the checkout system so you are unable to actually pay for any items.
    On a personal note I would like to just say thank you so very much for all the great orders, testimonials, and thank you emails that we have recieved. The feedback has been great and very helpful.

Thank you.
    Jesse Labrocca
    President
    VideoGameDeals.com
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    Ah i missed that. Don't remember getting an email from them about it. They're gone now anyway.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I never received an email either.

I was getting a bunch of click throughs and nothing to show for it so I went investigating and found that.

Don't ya just love when a merchants does stuff like that and doesn't let us know? Grrrrr
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread