Glamour,

What part of ...

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=227104143

... didn't you understand?

ABW Ambassador
    As an affiliate, all I can think to say is.. your website is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I bet the big names wouldn't like you calling your sunglasses "Oakley like whatever" etc

Those companies crack down HARD on fakes - I know someone who's been to court for selling fakes at the markets - I'm pretty sure your phrasing won't make a difference.

Hey Glamour, I bought glasses not from you but from another one of these sources and must say WOW, nice glasses I got the terminators and Matrix ones.. very nice merchandise.

The Rarevos
    Crazy NJ Hummer Driver

OK guys...
    here's a merchant who's been having a few teething problems.

Bren at glamourshades.com sent me 2 pairs of rather excellent sunglasses and I'm convinced he intends to do what is necessary to keep everybody - including customers and affiliates happy.

He wasn't anticipating that his first order thru SAS would be faraway Australia but he personally saw to it that I got my goods at the US shipping price quoted.

I wrote to Bren (a few times) to inform him that the order process needed improving because it prevented me from logging in to check on the order - and eventually I got a reply.
    Bren apologized for the trouble - he'd been out of town and hadn't received my emails.

I had already got a bit steamed and posted a notice here at the forum entitled "sucked in ???" which I see has been read by a few of you.

Since then I have been in touch with Bren to query the "LOW FUNDS" status and to let him know that this sort of thing worries us affiliates.

Today he wrote back to say that in reponse to my Sept 30 letter about that, he immediately authorized auto-deposit and today asked ME how to fix it (?)so those looking for serious merchants would recognize him as one with our interests at heart.
    Stuffed if I know Bren ?

Maybe you should ask SAS how you go about putting enough money in to keep the account "Online", I suppose!

New to SAS and the affiliate thingy, he has obviously tried to post an announcement here without paying for it ( edited first post).

Truth is, he's responded to my emails ASAP and I felt I should let you all know that I'm happy with the efforts he's made to set things right.

The product might be Chinese made - but jeez, they're good quality specs for the price and I'll be ordering more!

And a 25% commission ?
    Well worth a link or two I reckon.

On my site I use text links that don't mention any "brand names" ... that (if any) is his problem.

Right Sam?

ABW Ambassador
    It is their problem yes, but I've done too many years at the markets watching people get dragged off by the police over designer fakes - it happened to someone I know not so long ago and it's not pleasant!

You might not use the names but a lot of sites would and the parent site does - that's enough! Once Oakley, Gucci and the others see this site, it'll be history... anyone want to put a bet on that?!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread